Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 32

Postby vodkadiet

You can tourist off Bond all you like but he grew up in an era of tough match players. He isn't phased by the new breed of non-talent.

Postby Chalk McHugh

vodkadiet wrote:You can tourist off Bond all you like but he grew up in an era of tough match players. He isn't phased by the new breed of non-talent.

Haha , the new breed of non talent. Nicely put.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:I have non-talent, I've never picked up a snooker cue in my life.

Maybe I should give the tour a go, if it's so easy. :chin:

You'd still give Davy Grace a game.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I have non-talent, I've never picked up a snooker cue in my life.

I fancy my chances of beating him, at least I have the balls to take long pots on.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Makes Ronnie's feat some all the less impressive, if a person who has never played a single shot on a snooker table could beat him.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Makes Ronnie's feat some all the less impressive, if a person who has never played a single shot on a snooker table could beat him.

Why have you never played snooker? Are you kidding me sf?

Postby Cloud Strife

How come you've never played before? Not having a go at you or anything, just curious.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I'm playin since i'm a nipper. Got a small table for christmas as a kid. I lived in local snooker hall from bout 12 or 13. Dont play much anymore. I miss it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:I'm playin since i'm a nipper. Got a small table for christmas as a kid. I lived in local snooker hall from bout 12 or 13. Dont play much anymore. I miss it.

Why don't u play anymore ?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I'm playin since i'm a nipper. Got a small table for christmas as a kid. I lived in local snooker hall from bout 12 or 13. Dont play much anymore. I miss it.

Local clubs have closed down and when you let things slide its hard to get it back. I must dust off the cue and try and make an effort. Im itching for a game.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Why have you never played snooker? Are you kidding me sf?

Not unless knocking about balls on a half-size table with my godson a few years back counts.

I've played pool in the pub. Extremely badly.

Postby Dan-cat

Just played pool with a new guy I'm working with. Said he was crap. Hadn't played for two years. I could tell he had no positional play but was potting them off the lamp shades. I went 3 - 1 behind... felt under pressure. Got him back to 4 all by the skin of my teeth. buck!

Postby Chalk McHugh

We should have a Snooker Island championship. In London. Run off over a week. I'd get practising for that haha

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:

About three years ago I had a bit of a revelation. I'd had about 20 years not playing regularly. Why do we stop doing the things we love? Ever since then I've played every week.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Just played pool with a new guy I'm working with. Said he was crap. Hadn't played for two years. I could tell he had no positional play but was potting them off the lamp shades. I went 3 - 1 behind... felt under pressure. Got him back to 4 all by the skin of my teeth. buck!

I'm not just saying it. I've been beaten by people who partially sighted.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:We should have a Snooker Island championship. In London. Run off over a week. I'd get practising for that haha

I wouldn't. I'd turn up and foul every ball I play for.

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:Just played pool with a new guy I'm working with. Said he was crap. Hadn't played for two years. I could tell he had no positional play but was potting them off the lamp shades. I went 3 - 1 behind... felt under pressure. Got him back to 4 all by the skin of my teeth. buck!

When I get the pots i'm golden on pos play. It's my potting that depresses me in snooker.

Postby Iranu

Goddammit. I want a Ronnie - Williams final this season!

(No idea if they even would have met in the final)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

When I played Snooker as a teenager we had a rule that if you potted a red you can go straight on to another red if you want. You could pot a colour but you didn't have to. It made it much quicker and not have about 50-60 points of fouls ever frame.

Postby Chalk McHugh

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:When I played Snooker as a teenager we had a rule that if you potted a red you can go straight on to another red if you want. You could pot a colour but you didn't have to. It made it much quicker and not have about 50-60 points of fouls ever frame.

That's cheating. We like to play by the rules in Dublin.