Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 64 !!!!

Postby vodkadiet

Gridlock wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I have had a terrible 50th birthday, First of all, it wasn't a real 50th as I was born on 'leap day' and then the weather is awful. I should have stayed at home. Furthermore, there is no one challenging O'Sullivan. Fair play to him, he has bullied the field in to submission.

Happy 50th vodka....I had a crap 50th too....57 coming up...they get no better.

Thanks Gridlock. People say to me that they think being born on 'leap day' is cool. But it is confusing. It always has been. I had no 18th or 21st birthday. These are 1st world problems.

Happy 57th to you!

Postby eraserhead

vodkadiet wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I have had a terrible 50th birthday, First of all, it wasn't a real 50th as I was born on 'leap day' and then the weather is awful. I should have stayed at home. Furthermore, there is no one challenging O'Sullivan. Fair play to him, he has bullied the field in to submission.

Happy 50th vodka....I had a crap 50th too....57 coming up...they get no better.

Thanks Gridlock. People say to me that they think being born on 'leap day' is cool. But it is confusing. It always has been. I had no 18th or 21st birthday. These are 1st world problems.

Happy 57th to you!

:birthday:

Postby vodkadiet

Selby out.

O'Sullivan is still above 3/1 to win The World Championship. This seems great value.

Postby Dan-cat

Happy birthday you super-conscious evolved being. :)

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:

You're way too kind Dan-cat!

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

You seem like a young 50 to me. I'm only 5 years away. I feel like a boy, I'm a bucking manchild!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Foulds getting loads of furious tweets after that sorry excuse for a frame.

#bringbacksnooker

Why? It's not his fault.

It was a joke, I was referring to the frame 5 which lasted 12 minutes after Neil got loads of tweets praising frame 4.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:At 1-0 decided to watch No Country for Old Men. Wenbo has just won a decider. :dizzy:

Great choice!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Foulds getting loads of furious tweets after that sorry excuse for a frame.

#bringbacksnooker

Why? It's not his fault.

It was a joke, I was referring to the frame 5 which lasted 12 minutes after Neil got loads of tweets praising frame 4.

Oh.

I was watching other stuff. #parttimesnookerfan

Postby Iranu

I watched Legends after the Willo match.

Who'd have thought 2 years ago it would become by far the best Arrowverse series by now?

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

You seem like a young 50 to me. I'm only 5 years away. I feel like a boy, I'm a bucking manchild!

You are the legend of snooker island Dan-cat.

I am a young 50 probably because I never had kids!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I watched Legends after the Willo match.

Who'd have thought 2 years ago it would become by far the best Arrowverse series by now?

In my opinion The Flash is still better.

Tough I never got into Arrow. I have them on DVD, mean to catch up.

Postby Chalk McHugh

vodkadiet wrote:3 Vegans lost 4-3 yesterday. We're a mentally weak bunch!

Happy birthday buddy. Washed down with lots of Vodka no doubt.

Postby vodkadiet

Chalk McHugh wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:3 Vegans lost 4-3 yesterday. We're a mentally weak bunch!

Happy birthday buddy. Washed down with lots of Vodka no doubt.

Thanks Chalk; actually it was Whiskey! ☺️

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:I watched Legends after the Willo match.

In my opinion The Flash is still better.

Tough I never got into Arrow. I have them on DVD, mean to catch up.

Flash last season was a turgid mess.

And the DeVoe storyline this season hasn't been much better so far, though some of the fun froms eason 1 has returned.

I never got i to Arrow either although now I know that Michael Emerson is in the current season I plan to catch up on it soon.

Postby SnookerFan

I thought Flash's weakest season was 2.

They spend the first half a season planning to trap Zoom in another dimension, and when they do, they change their mind and bring him back out just so they can kill him. It felt like they were doing it for no reason. Also, Zoom could've defeated him easily any time, but the big pay off at the end was that they had a running race. Just didn't feel it somehow.

I enjoyed Season 3. I thought the race to save Iris was a good plot device. And, because there was a specific time in the future when it was all going to go down, the filler episodes felt more natural. Stuff could quite easily happen in the meantime, whilst they were trying to work out a way to prevent a future event. In season 2, it was a bit more; "Zoom is at large, he needs to be stopped. Urgently. Oh by the way, why don't we go and visit Arrow and Felicity this week?"

Also, I'm enjoying Devoe. It's good to have a main series villain who isn't a speedster. I just can't see how they are going to defeat this guy, and that keeps me interested.

Postby Iranu

I thought season 2 of Flash had a lot of problems as well.

The issue with both 2 and 3 was that they just didn't have the fun that season 1 had. The Flash (series and comic books) thrives on ridiculousness and fun. I mean one of his main rogues is a guy who travels through mirrors!

I rate Zoom ahead of Savitar because Savitar just felt like a retread. Plus, we knew Iris wasn't gonna get killed so there was absolutely no sense of danger whatsoever.

I was really glad they didn't go for another speedster this season and The Thinker started out really strong. But then they had him change bodies into an actor who may as well be called Woody McWoodson and he started spouting the usual vague "i'm x steps ahead you will never beat me" without getting any real sense of the specifics of his plan, even in the scenes with him and his wife in private.

Having said that, Ralph is a great addition and the comedy/sense of fun is back so it's a definite step up from last season. I just really hope the main arc plays out better than the last two. And Barry really needs to stop making so many stupid decisions, his brain is supposed to be fast, not just his legs.

Considering where LoT started with the weakest Arrowverse season I've seen, it's kind of remarkable how fun it is now.

Postby SnookerFan

I've only just seen one episode where his body has been changed, so may be a bit behind.

But, yes. After only one episode, I could tell I didn't like the new version.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Also, I think the Harrison Wells story line in series 1 was a hard act to follow.

I bet 'Harrison Wells' was a fan of Elvis.

Yeah, season 1's arc set a high bar that they can't match yet.