Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Snooker is an Irish game. After all, the table cloth is green and the greatest ever player has solid Irish roots.

Hendry?

Try again. The greatest of all.

AAAAh - sorry Chalk

Marc O'Fu

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Snooker is an Irish game. After all, the table cloth is green and the greatest ever player has solid Irish roots.

Hendry?

Jonathan Bagley? I never knew that.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:

Pretty much every English person you speak to has Irish roots!

Not far off. Esp in the big cities like London, Birmingham, Manchester and Scouse Town.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Hendry?

AAAAh - sorry Chalk

Marc O'Fu

pmsl

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Hendry?

AAAAh - sorry Chalk

Marc O'Fu

No. Good guess. He's descendant from the Limerick Fu's.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Not far off. Esp in the big cities like London, Birmingham, Manchester and Scouse Town.

Yeah very true.

You may have hated us when we were oppressing you but that didn't stop you traipsing over here when things went tits up your end!

(Just kidding, I'm actually half Irish myself!)

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah very true.

You may have hated us when we were oppressing you but that didn't stop you traipsing over here when things went tits up your end!

(Just kidding, I'm actually half Irish myself!)

Ha, what's 800 years of oppression amongst friends?

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Hendry?

AAAAh - sorry Chalk

Marc O'Fu

No. Good guess. He's descendant from the Limerick Fu's.

Is Fu a criminal? Everyone in Limerick is a criminal. Everyone. Even the new borns.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Limerick sure has a rough edge to it. Always been a hard town. The McCarthy/Dundon v Keane/Collopy gang war was brutal for the guts of 10 years. Quietened down a lot since the Ole Bill got a handle on things and banged up close to 100 gangsters.

Meanwhile in Dublin we are sufferinc the most violent gang war in Irelands history.

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:Limerick sure has a rough edge to it. Always been a hard town. The McCarthy/Dundon v Keane/Collopy gang war was brutal for the guts of 10 years. Quietened down a lot since the Ole Bill got a handle on things and banged up close to 100 gangsters.

Meanwhile in Dublin we are sufferinc the most violent gang war in Irelands history.

Thing with Limerick is all the crime is on the outskirts of the city. Easily avoided. City centre is fine. You can't walk down O'Connell Street in Dublin without some runt waving a used needle at you.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Did Foulds start commentating because Ronnie declined?

He declined his way right out of his seat.

The ball replacement in this tournament has already been embarrassingly long-winded on a few occasions.

I mean that shouldn't have taken that long.

I wonder if the refs don't even bother memorising the positions when they know there's a screen.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Limerick sure has a rough edge to it. Always been a hard town. The McCarthy/Dundon v Keane/Collopy gang war was brutal for the guts of 10 years. Quietened down a lot since the Ole Bill got a handle on things and banged up close to 100 gangsters.

Thing with Limerick is all the crime is on the outskirts of the city. Easily avoided. City centre is fine. You can't walk down O'Connell Street in Dublin without some runt waving a used needle at you.

Ha, i'm drinking in the north inner city the last 20 odd years. From O Connel St to Talbot St, Amien St, Parnell St and Ballybough. I love that part of town. I actially know quite a few of the lads murdered in this feud. It has destroyed the area. People living in fear because they have one particular surname. I've never had one problem in my life and some of the pubs i frequent would be a little rough around the edges. I love Dublin city. And esp the north inner city.

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Ha, i'm drinking in the north inner city the last 20 odd years. From O Connel St to Talbot St, Amien St, Parnell St and Ballybough. I love that part of town. I actially know quite a few of the lads murdered in this feud. It has destroyed the area. People living in fear because they have one particular surname. I've never had one problem in my life and some of the pubs i frequent would be a little rough around the edges. I love Dublin city. And esp the north inner city.

Never was a fan of the place, but I guess you have to live in a place to know it right.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Sounds like fertile grounds for a documentary. Where's Ross Kemp when you need him?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Remember that arrogant, miserable old runt Moondad who predicted after the '07 Grand Prix final that Sullivan would never win another ranking tournament?

He's still on Betfair forums, pontificating.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Never was a fan of the place, but I guess you have to live in a place to know it right.

True. When you drink in an area for so long, get to know the people, some good some bad. But when your known around the town once you dont act the maggot and go looking for trouble, even the so called bad boys don't throw their weight around for no reason. But you are right in saying the amount of junkies hovering around the city is a blight. Place is flooded with em.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Sounds like fertile grounds for a documentary. Where's Ross Kemp when you need him?

Kemp is good and been to some pretty rough places. But i can guarantee you not one gangster in Dublin would talk to him or any other journo for one minute. No way known. Not gonna happen.