Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Iranu

I will never condemn the choice to wear a sombrero or eat nachos (although I would suggest sitting on the sofa rather than behind it.)

Mexico as a whole (aside from the 5 states you mentioned) has been given the same travel warning as Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and... the UK.

There may be a bit of over cautious bottom covering going on there, is what I'm saying.

Postby Iranu

Classic Higgins performance of recent times really. Flashes of brilliance among storm clouds of mediocrity.

If Selt wins this then Murphy's loss was for nothing!

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:I will never condemn the choice to wear a sombrero or eat nachos (although I would suggest sitting on the sofa rather than behind it.)

Mexico as a whole (aside from the 5 states you mentioned) has been given the same travel warning as Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and... the UK.

There may be a bit of over cautious bottom covering going on there, is what I'm saying.

absolutely. Propaganda. I'm not saying there isn't bad rubbish going down... show me a country where there isn't. Iceland maybe?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:I will never condemn the choice to wear a sombrero or eat nachos (although I would suggest sitting on the sofa rather than behind it.)

Those european countries are seen as high risk due to terrorism. All have suffered suicide bomb attacks and random acts of terrorism.

If anything the US is being under cautious due to their good and close relations with their neighbours. Billions of US money invested in Mexico so they dont want to upset the apple cart by denpuncing the whole country.

But the cancer hss spread long ago from the border states where the cartels were fighting a bloody war for the most lucrative plazas and routes into America like Laredo, Tijuana and Juarez, to the whole country. Theres no where safe.

You mention America being statistically far more violent than the UK. That is true and America is a violent, gun laden society but Mexicos homicide rate is far worse than Americas per head of population.

It's terrifying that the States have warned zero travel to 5 states in Mexico. I think it should be a lot more but there are a lot of grey areas and politics at play. And big money no doubt.

But hey we'll agred to disagree. You feel it's overplayed and media driven. I feel large swathes of it is hell on earth with millions of good Mexicans living in fear. I really ferl it's that bad.

As for the sofa, i'm too scared sometimes i have to hide behind it.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't know much about South America and drug wars really. I watched that Nachos series on Netflix about Pablo Escobar but I think that was in Colombia.

Series 2 is better. Its called Burritos. El Mexico.

Postby Iranu

Yeah Mexico had 6,000 more "official" murders than the US, with 1/3 the population. To be sure there are areas that are absolute no gos and you can never guarantee safety.

On that US warnings page I was looking at the Bahamas just out of interest ("exercise increased caution" same as the European countries I mentioned) and they even managed to make that place sound scary.

The bucking Bahamas!

Meanwhile, Higgins looks to be in with a match winning break.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Mexborough sounds quite scary on Wikipedia

No rubbish, it birthed Brian Blessed. Doesn't get much scarier.

Postby vodkadiet

4 Vegans in the second round. That is over 6%. Snooker is leading the way in Veganism!