Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Cao Yupeng is having the tournament of his life having made a 147 earlier in the week and now his first ever final and he will be playing Neil Robertson who is re discovering his form having gone 18 months without even reaching a ranking semi final.

Who will win?

DRAW

Final

Neil Robertson v Cao Yupeng Robertson leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Image

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Well I said yesterday Cao winning his match against Judd would be a big surprise, but it would be even bigger if he won the title.

It's more down because it's a Final and the pressure might get to him, plus I doubt Neil will let this one slip up.

Hope it's not one sided and Cao gives some battle. 9-5 at least in Robbo's favour would be nice.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Alex0paul

I dreamt on Tuesday that Cao won this tournament and I can't believe he's now in the final. It's utterly bizarre

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Souvent wrote:Wow, did any of you hear that absolute disgrace Judd Trump spouting sour grapes left and right after his defeat to Cao? Unbelievable. This guy has neither the demeanour nor the class to ever be a snooker great. Pathetic. And to think most people here and in the commentary box were rooting for him.

http://www.eurosport.com/snooker/scotti ... tory.shtml


Wow, Judd was very angry. He said Cao only stands a chance if Robbo collapses

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Souvent wrote:Wow, did any of you hear that absolute disgrace Judd Trump spouting sour grapes left and right after his defeat to Cao? Unbelievable. This guy has neither the demeanour nor the class to ever be a snooker great. Pathetic. And to think most people here and in the commentary box were rooting for him.

http://www.eurosport.com/snooker/scotti ... tory.shtml


Wow, Judd was very angry. He said Cao only stands a chance if Robbo collapses


Stop whining Judd, you thoroughly dislikeable human being.

You lost. Get over it.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I think Cao is a very dull player, and I would rather have seen Judd in the final.

In terms of what Judd said, there is little that is not factual. However, he does himself no favours by expressing this.

Particularly telling is his claim that "Unless John or Neil collapses, there is no way he will win the final. I don't think he can win it, he's not good enough". The fact is he beat you Judd.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Cao seems to annoy people. Wasn't it after losing to Cao at the Crucible, when Mark Allen launched his "the Chinese are cheats" tirade?

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Cao seems to annoy people. Wasn't it after losing to Cao at the Crucible, when Mark Allen launched his "the Chinese are cheats" tirade?


Google says yes.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Morinas77

I'm been following Cao closely since his debut season (cubicle streams) and I feel like he has slowed down a bit this season. This is a good thing given he lost almost every match for 3 years. He seems very focused now, better composure/less anger after missing shots and better safety.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cao must feel great . Making his first maximum break, beating Trump, playing his first ranking final... Wat a tournament for him!

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Cao is a very dull player, and I would rather have seen Judd in the final.

In terms of what Judd said, there is little that is not factual. However, he does himself no favours by expressing this.

Particularly telling is his claim that "Unless John or Neil collapses, there is no way he will win the final. I don't think he can win it, he's not good enough". The fact is he beat you Judd.


So would Judd.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby chengdufan

I saw Cao play against Ding in the international championship about 4 years ago. He was very fluent then, so it's a surprise to see how he's changed his style this season.
That said, he had to do something after dropping off the tour and earning only 6 grand last year after returning via q-school.
I say all credit to him. He's found what works for him.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:Not in favor of a shot clock, but Cao is indeed a very slow player.


The funny thing is when you're watching it on TV it's not that annoying, but when you're at the receiving end of slow play, it can be so frustrating.
I just got back home from playing a match. My opponent was slow as a snail, he was checking out every shot, every angle, even when the position was clear as daylight. My average shot time was around 15 seconds, while he was taking around 40 seconds per shot, and sometimes even more. It drove me crazy, I wanted to crack his skull open with my cue. :wild: :boo:

Judd might be a sore loser, but he has a point. Shot clock is the BEST thing that could happen to the game of snooker.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Not in favour of a shot clock, but Cao is indeed a very slow player.


He's also Chinese.


I think that was Mark Allen's main point.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Judd might be a sore loser, but he has a point. Shot clock is the BEST thing that could happen to the game of snooker.

What a load of rubbish.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Not in favor of a shot clock, but Cao is indeed a very slow player.


The funny thing is when you're watching it on TV it's not that annoying, but when you're at the receiving end of slow play, it can be so frustrating.
I just got back home from playing a match. My opponent was slow as a snail, he was checking out every shot, every angle, even when the position was clear as daylight. My average shot time was around 15 seconds, while he was taking around 40 seconds per shot, and sometimes even more. It drove me crazy, I wanted to crack his skull open with my cue. :wild: :boo:

Judd might be a sore loser, but he has a point. Shot clock is the BEST thing that could happen to the game of snooker.


Is it balls.

It encourages reckless play, without doing anything to shorten long frames. The hurrying of shots isn't going to prevent scrappy frames. The opposite, if anything.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Not in favor of a shot clock, but Cao is indeed a very slow player.


The funny thing is when you're watching it on TV it's not that annoying, but when you're at the receiving end of slow play, it can be so frustrating.
I just got back home from playing a match. My opponent was slow as a snail, he was checking out every shot, every angle, even when the position was clear as daylight. My average shot time was around 15 seconds, while he was taking around 40 seconds per shot, and sometimes even more. It drove me crazy, I wanted to crack his skull open with my cue. :wild: :boo:

Judd might be a sore loser, but he has a point. Shot clock is the BEST thing that could happen to the game of snooker.


Is it balls.

It encourages reckless play, without doing anything to shorten long frames. The hurrying of shots isn't going to prevent scrappy frames. The opposite, if anything.


Did you ever watch the snooker Premier League ?

It looked like it had good matches and the frames rarely got scrappy.

Out of all the tournaments, it had the best setup and it was the best way to prove/showcase the best player. And not just because of shot clock, but due to the fact it was a round robin tournament. This system is the fairest reflection of reality and ultimately proves who the best player is. There is no luck of the draw to mess things up.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Not in favor of a shot clock, but Cao is indeed a very slow player.


The funny thing is when you're watching it on TV it's not that annoying, but when you're at the receiving end of slow play, it can be so frustrating.
I just got back home from playing a match. My opponent was slow as a snail, he was checking out every shot, every angle, even when the position was clear as daylight. My average shot time was around 15 seconds, while he was taking around 40 seconds per shot, and sometimes even more. It drove me crazy, I wanted to crack his skull open with my cue. :wild: :boo:

Judd might be a sore loser, but he has a point. Shot clock is the BEST thing that could happen to the game of snooker.


Is it balls.

It encourages reckless play, without doing anything to shorten long frames. The hurrying of shots isn't going to prevent scrappy frames. The opposite, if anything.


Did you ever watch the snooker Premier League ?


Sadly, I did.

Very dull.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Robbo's hardly quick, would Judd be making the same comments if he lost to him. Doubt it.


Probably, knowong Judd.

He's not known for talking sense.