Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Quarter-Finals !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
I do think it's his best chance ever,

But his record at The Masters after winning the UK isn't great... only once reached the Semis in 2015.

I'd be gobsmacked if Ronnie didn't win The Masters. I don't see any way he doesn't win it. On current form, I don't think anybody stops him.

It's The Crucible that'll be the tricky one. Obviously, he very much can win it. But the question is, will he still be in the same vein of form come April/May. Over the 17 days, he'll need to be.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Maguire already seems to have thrown this one away....
should have won the first frame really. Now could face a heavy defeat.

See. Temperament is everything.

What's the score?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Cant complain about the standard of the quarter-finals thus far... been great has to be said.

Also helps having many top players still in it, as opposed to the NI Open for instance.

Don't understand why World Snooker has made the stupid decision to make these tourneys best of 7's in the early rounds. Why not best of 9's ??? Still not great, but it would be a fairer reflection of reality.

And the fairest of them all would be a round robin tournament with only the top players in it. Matches would be best of 15's or maybe even best of 21's/first to 10.
Everybody would play everybody and that will truly show who is the best.

Postby Andre147

He should really skip the China Open to give himself maximum chance for the Crucible.

He already won a big ranking event in China and that was one of his main goals this season.

Postby TheRocket

I said yesterday that I think Ronnie is in the best shape since he was in 2014. If he doesnt win the World Championship this season it might never happen. Which would be a shame given how many titles including UK's and Masters he has won since winning his fifth world title.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's going to have to win it the hard way it seems... Higgins, next Robbo and likely Trump in the Final. Only Selby missing from that list really.

He beat Higgins and Trump in Shanghai so hopefully he can do something similar here.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
I do think it's his best chance ever,

But his record at The Masters after winning the UK isn't great... only once reached the Semis in 2015.

I'd be gobsmacked if Ronnie didn't win The Masters. I don't see any way he doesn't win it. On current form, I don't think anybody stops him.

It's The Crucible that'll be the tricky one. Obviously, he very much can win it. But the question is, will he still be in the same vein of form come April/May. Over the 17 days, he'll need to be.

It won't count anyway if he doesn't beat Selby in the final. <ok>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I said yesterday that I think Ronnie is in the best shape since he was in 2014. If he doesnt win the World Championship this season it might never happen. Which would be a shame given how many titles including UK's and Masters he has won since winning his fifth world title.

If he doesnt win it this season then I firmly believe he'll be forever stuck on 5 World Titles.

Great career yes, btut would like him to at least be 1 away from hendry.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I said yesterday that I think Ronnie is in the best shape since he was in 2014. If he doesnt win the World Championship this season it might never happen. Which would be a shame given how many titles including UK's and Masters he has won since winning his fifth world title.

If he doesnt win it this season then I firmly believe he'll be forever stuck on 5 World Titles.

Great career yes, btut would like him to at least be 1 away from hendry.

Both Hendry and Ronnie are rubbish because they didn't beat Selby to win their world titles. That's the only criteria that counts.

Postby Andre147

Maguire was 4 nil down v Ronnie at the UK and almost forced the decider, so I think his temperament is better nowadays. He doesn't let frustration get the better of him so easily.

Postby Andre147

12 pm

Xiao Guodong 4-5 Neil Robertson

NB 2 pm

Stephen Maguire 1-2 Judd Trump

7 pm

John Higgins v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ricky Walden v Cao Yupeng

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:Speaking of Selbo, none of his billions of fans ( rofl ) are posting since he's not in it. So we know why Wildey's not here.
But what happened to Pinkey ?!?

They only Selby fanboys. Once their player is out/doesnt enter, they dont bother watching.

Which proves Selby fans arent true snooker fans. <ok>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump has whitewashed Maguire in their last two matches. 6:0 and 5:0.

Another whitewash might be coming

At least whitewash has been avoided.

Postby Johnny Bravo

I just love Mag's approach when he's in a tough snooker: hit and HOPE.
I always do that. Even when I'm not in a snooker, but I don't see a way back to the baulk line and/or the reds I'm left are extremely low percentage, I simply smash the reds all over the table in the hope that the big colors will get tied up/safe.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Neil Robertson will be doing punditry for Eurosport at the Masters.

That's good news, bring in more top players. Hendry is doing a good job and I quite enjoyed Ronnie's first attempt at commentating.
No matter how it will unfold, it certainly can't be worse than Dennis Taylor and his remarks about golf once every 10 sentences <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Neil Robertson will be doing punditry for Eurosport at the Masters.

That's good news, bring in more top players. Hendry is doing a good job and I quite enjoyed Ronnie's first attempt at commentating.
No matter how it will unfold, it certainly can't be worse than Dennis Taylor and his remarks about golf once every 10 sentences <laugh>

yes fully agree. Good to see more and more topplayers doing this stuff now. When it comes to Dennis Taylor. I think the far majority of the people in this forum would do a better job than him.

Postby Sickpotter

Johnny Bravo wrote:I just love Mag's approach when he's in a tough snooker: hit and HOPE.
I always do that. Even when I'm not in a snooker, but I don't see a way back to the baulk line and/or the reds I'm left are extremely low percentage, I simply smash the reds all over the table in the hope that the big colors will get tied up/safe.

:clap: :chuckle:

Tactical genius alert

Postby Johnny Bravo

Sickpotter wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I just love Mag's approach when he's in a tough snooker: hit and HOPE.

:clap: :chuckle:

Tactical genius alert

What would u expect ??? I'm an average joe with a high career break of 54 <laugh> :chuckle:

Postby TheRocket

eraserhead wrote:Judd looks set for the final.

If I was Trump I'd like to play Higgins in the final. Not because Higgins is an easy opponent but Trump has never beaten him in a bo11 or above. Basicially lost all big matches against him. So he has something to prove against Higgins.
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Speaking of Selbo, none of his billions of fans ( rofl ) are posting since he's not in it. So we know why Wildey's not here.
But what happened to Pinkey ?!?

They only Selby fanboys. Once their player is out/doesnt enter, they dont bother watching.

Which proves Selby fans arent true snooker fans. <ok>

I am a Selby fan but haven’t been posting this afternoon as I have been playing snooker. #truesnookerfan

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:

If I was Trump I'd like to play Higgins in the final. Not because Higgins is an easy opponent but Trump has never beaten him in a bo11 or above. Basicially lost all big matches against him. So he has something to prove against Higgins.

If he managed to beat him it would defiantly give him a lift. The other semi should be great, really don't won't Higgins to be the one to end Ronnie's run.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

If he managed to beat him it would defiantly give him a lift. The other semi should be great, really don't won't Higgins to be the one to end Ronnie's run.

Would much rather it be Robbo.

I want Higgins to feel the same way Ronnie did when he lost all those matches between 2009-2011.