Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow. It would be the icing on the cake if a tired O'Sullivan beats Higgins for the fifth consecutive time and humiliate him in front of his home crowd.

Ronnie needs a good sleep tonight so he can be focused tomorrow.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow. It would be the icing on the cake if a tired O'Sullivan beats Higgins for the fifth consecutive time and humiliate him in front of his home crowd.

Yes I would love it! :clap:

Think last time Ronnie beat him in a home tournament must have been ages ago... Scottish Masters in 2000 or 2001...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Higgins would not enjoy that. Remember the times Higgins had Ronnie's number...

Postby Andre147

Testament to Ronnie's character and will to win because a tired ROS can reach the Quarters of this event, whereas Murpht got beat first round.

Also helps Ronnie is probably the fittest player on Tour, Murphy..... rofl

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

In 2009 they played 4 or 5 times and Higgins won 4 of them I think. This year Ronnie is doing the same treatment.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

In 2009 they played 4 or 5 times and Higgins won 4 of them I think. This year Ronnie is doing the same treatment.

The GP and UK one were heart breakes

Should have won the Grand Prix one but bloobed an absolute sitter of a red to clinch the match.

Postby TheRocket

What Ronnie has been doing since the English Open is like incredible. He doesn't get enough credit for that imo. He's 42, not 25. Look at Selby who looked like a weak old man in the CoC after he won the IC.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Ronnie has bottled too many matches against Higgins in 09-11. Higgins also benefited from Ronnies poor form at that time. So time to put things right.

Postby Andre147

Looking at Cuetracker tells us Ronnie has beaten Higins in home soil 5 times, last time at the 2002 Scottish Masters.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Do remember though that ROS is performing with ease all the time Selby is not on the scene. Would it be the same if he had the prospect of facing the world no. 1?

We cant be sure, unless they face each other again soon.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

TheRocket wrote:What Ronnie has been doing since the English Open is like incredible. He doesn't get enough credit for that imo. He's 42, not 25. Look at Selby who looked like a weak old man in the CoC after he won the IC.

Great post. I agree.

it's a great, huge performance.

it is not even human. who did that in the past.

Hendry can be?

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Do remember though that ROS is performing with ease all the time Selby is not on the scene. Would it be the same if he had the prospect of facing the world no. 1?

You cheeky person.

Postby TheRocket

Its Selby who's avoiding him. Not the other way around. They were one match away in Shanghai and I'm sure Ronnie would have destroyed him (similar to Welsh Open 2016) had they met but Selby lost to Williams.

But I think they'll definitely meet in the new year.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:

Its Selby who's avoiding him. Not the other way around. They were one match away in Shanghai and I'm sure Ronnie would have destroyed him (similar to Welsh Open 2016) had they met but Selby lost to Williams.

They're seeded to meet in the World final. I hope that match happens.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:

World Final 2018

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

Would be massive if it happens. I think ROS will be fired up for revenge. But I think a Mastersfinal is more likely than a World final.

Postby Andre147

Robbo has lost to Joyce and Milkins recently, woudln't surprise me if he lost v Grace today.

Scoring as good as ever, but losing these matches he should walk past.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Would be massive if it happens. I think ROS will be fired up for revenge. But I think a Mastersfinal is more likely than a World final.

Way more likely.

But we had enough of Masters Finals between the 2. A World Final needs to happen again.