Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 32 !!!

Postby Andre147

Need to watch that again :hatoff:

One of his best centuries all season, with pink on the blue spot and cue ball travelling a lot... some great pots in that break.

Just tremendous.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie just 4 centuries away from reaching 50 already this season and not even half way through... I still dont think he can beat Robbo's record, because he wont play the CL I think, but will probably get pretty close.

WHich in effect is more of an achievment because he wont have the CL. If it wasnt for CL Robbo would have finished the season on 80 centuries.

Postby Souvent

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie just 4 centuries away from reaching 50 already this season and not even half way through... I still dont think he can beat Robbo's record, because he wont play the CL I think, but will probably get pretty close.

WHich in effect is more of an achievment because he wont have the CL. If it wasnt for CL Robbo would have finished the season on 80 centuries.

That's assuming he'll keep reproducing this rate of century breaks, which isn't a given.
Let's hope so though.

Postby SnookerFan

[quote="Andre147"]Ronnie just 4 centuries away from reaching 50 already this season and not even half way through... I still dont think he can beat Robbo's record, because he wont play the CL I think, but will probably get pretty close.

WHich in effect is more of an achievment because he wont have the CL. If it wasnt for CL Robbo would have finished the season on 80 centuries.[/quote]

I reckon he will do it. <ok>

Postby Andre147

If he loses this match at least we can look back on that amazing century break as one if not the best century he's made this season so far. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Souvent wrote:Yup, he certainly seems done.
A very accessible opponent who isn't even playing that well, but he'll probably bow out here.

If not here, then tonight v White or Kyren. If he's tired now, cant imagine this evening if he wins this one,

Postby Andre147

Rocket's fuel seems to have almost run out.

Great 2 months though, probably some of the best in his whole career.

Postby Johnny Bravo

What on Earth is happening ?
Ronnie misses too much. And the sad part is that they are easy pots.
His shot selection is not that great either. For instance, why did he have to go 2 cushions on that black. Just pot it slow and you're automatically on the red

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:What on Earth is happening ?
His shot selection is not that great either. For instance, why did he have to go 2 cushions on that black. Just pot it slow and you're automatically on the red

Well, I think we all know what the correct answer is.

Postby Sickpotter

Johnny Bravo wrote:What on Earth is happening ?

Slow rolling a shot is problematic, given a choice the pro will play a firm shot rather than risk a slow roll.

IMO Ronnie's shot selection is fine, his focus is not.