Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Last 64 and a few surprise loses including UK Championship Runner Up Shaun Murphy. But UK Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan continues his rich vein of form and books his place in the last 64.

And Australian Kurt Dunham recorded his first win of the season and only his 3rd as a profesional by beating Tian Pengfei 4-2 to set up a match with veteran Peter Lines.

Who will reach the last 32?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Image

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnie Ronnie he's our man
If he can't do it than no one can
Go Ronnie !!!


Imagine he won the Scottish Open and the Welsh Open now. How gutting. That close to the million. rofl

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnie Ronnie he's our man
If he can't do it than no one can
Go Ronnie !!!


Imagine he won the Scottish Open and the Welsh Open now. How gutting. That close to the million. rofl


I dont think he would be that upset.

Way worst would be winning the first 3 and losing the last one at some point.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Dan-cat

I think grabbing that number 1 spot off Selby is a huge incentive to him, despite what noises come out of his gob.

With Selby not in this, how many rankers are left in this season?

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:I think grabbing that number 1 spot off Selby is a huge incentive to him, despite what noises come out of his gob.

With Selby not in this, how many rankers are left in this season?


7 rankers left.

It will be a huge ask, but Ronnie could be WN1 by the end of the season if he carries on in this form and keeps winning tournaments, more so because Selby has his 2016 World Title money coming off.

Also depends on how well Selby does in the other rankers. I have a feeling if he feels is WN1 is being threatned ,he'll start to play more.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I think grabbing that number 1 spot off Selby is a huge incentive to him, despite what noises come out of his gob.

With Selby not in this, how many rankers are left in this season?


7 rankers left.

It will be a huge ask, but Ronnie could be WN1 by the end of the season if he carries on in this form and keeps winning tournaments, more so because Selby has his 2016 World Title money coming off.

Also depends on how well Selby does in the other rankers. I have a feeling if he feels is WN1 is being threatned ,he'll start to play more.


I thought Selby could take the entire season off, and still be World Number 1?

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I think grabbing that number 1 spot off Selby is a huge incentive to him, despite what noises come out of his gob.

With Selby not in this, how many rankers are left in this season?


7 rankers left.

It will be a huge ask, but Ronnie could be WN1 by the end of the season if he carries on in this form and keeps winning tournaments, more so because Selby has his 2016 World Title money coming off.

Also depends on how well Selby does in the other rankers. I have a feeling if he feels is WN1 is being threatned ,he'll start to play more.


I thought Selby could take the entire season off, and still be World Number 1?


No not really. Unless Ronnie stops winning tournaments.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I thought Selby could take the entire season off, and still be World Number 1?

No not really. Unless Ronnie stops winning tournaments.


I must've had that wrong, don't really pay too much attention to rankings.

I would've staked my life on them mentioning this on commentary several times this season though.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Just seen Ronnie plays McLeod at the German Masters qualifiers lol...


I think the first I ever heard of Rory was when he played Ronnie in the last 32 in Telford.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I thought Selby could take the entire season off, and still be World Number 1?

No not really. Unless Ronnie stops winning tournaments.


I must've had that wrong, don't really pay too much attention to rankings.

I would've staked my life on them mentioning this on commentary several times this season though.


As I said, depends if Ronnie stops winning tournaments and also depends on how Selby does in the other ranking events.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Just seen Ronnie plays McLeod at the German Masters qualifiers lol...


I think the first I ever heard of Rory was when he played Ronnie in the last 32 in Telford.


Superb match that one... Ronnie won 9-6 and Rory made 3 consecutive centuries on that one. First time I'd seen him too.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
I must've had that wrong, don't really pay too much attention to rankings.

I would've staked my life on them mentioning this on commentary several times this season though.

As I said, depends if Ronnie stops winning tournaments and also depends on how Selby does in the other ranking events.


Yeah, I knew what you meant.

In other words, I had misunderstood. I thought they said Selby was uncatchable, by anyone. No matter what.

Maybe they did and the commentators were wrong. rofl More likely just me.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Superb match that one... Ronnie won 9-6 and Rory made 3 consecutive centuries on that one. First time I'd seen him too.


Rory was still making the third century by the time the final started.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
I dont think he would be that upset.

Way worst would be winning the first 3 and losing the last one at some point.


Imagine that. rofl

You're right though. The million is off the table now, so isn't worth considering any more.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Just seen Ronnie plays McLeod at the German Masters qualifiers lol...


I think the first I ever heard of Rory was when he played Ronnie in the last 32 in Telford.


Superb match that one... Ronnie won 9-6 and Rory made 3 consecutive centuries on that one. First time I'd seen him too.


And then played a shittt 2nd session vs Perry where he even conceded a frame after missing a red when
there were plenty on.
He played a superb first session, was 0-2 down but then he started to play sublime stuff. 3 Centuries i think. The last frame which he lost to lead 6-2 was the turning point. He led 5-3 but never won a frame after that.