Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 128 !!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Jimmy has destroyed Akani

Doesn't surprise me.

A 55 year old still manages to beat what some considered at the UK a promissing talent...

Until Akani actually proves something, that match v Ronnie was just a journeyman playing the match of his life.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:And Foulds said before the match we had many 4:0 results yesterday but you can't see that with McGill-Day rofl

McGill did his best.

He lost frame ball in three frames.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

Doesn't surprise me.

A 55 year old still manages to beat what some considered at the UK a promissing talent...

Until Akani actually proves something, that match v Ronnie was just a journeyman playing the match of his life.

Jimmy has declined less than Ronnie. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

Did Jimmy produce his practice form?

Match wasn't on TV but the stats say he made 2 70+ breaks and a 50.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Did Jimmy produce his practice form?

Match wasn't on TV but the stats say he made 2 70+ breaks and a 50.

Not bad for a 55 year old!

Jimmy :-D

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Doesn't surprise me.

Exactly and he couldn't beat a weak Ronnie despite playing the match of his life. But nowadays everyone is called a star just because of one good match. The reality is that there are not that many huge talents out there and the old boys are still dominating.

Postby TheRocket

Robbo again made two centuries today. Two consecutive centuries even. Scoring wise he's almost as good as ever. Its this negative thinking and lack of self confidence which stops him from winning tournaments.
Last edited by TheRocket on 12 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Robbo again made two centuries today. Two consecutive centuries even. Scoring wise he's almost as good as ever. Its this negative thinking and lack of self confidence which stops him from winning tournaments.

Yes until he sorts that out he'll never win tournaments again.

Postby Erza Scarlet

How on earth did Murphy lose? I know he got a battering in the final session but given the form he's in he should be buzzing right about now, even his interviews say so and it can't be fatigue when he's 7 years younger than Ronnie who for some reason was pretty focused.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Erza Scarlet wrote:How on earth did Murphy lose? I know he got a battering in the final session but given the form he's in he should be buzzing right about now, even his interviews say so and it can't be fatigue when he's 7 years younger than Ronnie who for some reason was pretty focused.

Murphy might be younger, but he's fatter as well. Fat people tend to tire faster.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:

Doesn't surprise me.

The match of his life?! Give me a break. He beat Hawkins 6-0 in the previous round. Absolute sensationalist rubbish.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Robbo again made two centuries today. Two consecutive centuries even. Scoring wise he's almost as good as ever. Its this negative thinking and lack of self confidence which stops him from winning tournaments.

Yes until he sorts that out he'll never win tournaments again.

You are correct, but he's on the right track.
After Ronnie's, I consider Robbo's A game second best.
He's one of the best long potters in the history of the game, he's an amazing breakbuilder and he also has a good safety game.
Peak vs peak, he trumps everybody with the exception of Ronnie. He's a superior player to Selby as far as I'm concerned.
I'm still baffled by the fact that a grown ass man like Robbo got addicted to a stupid video game.

Postby gallantrabbit

Let`s give Jimmy some credit for a change. He scored well and beat a player in form. Sunny has had one and a half solid seasons and won a lot more money than Jimmy so it`s a result for Jim. Of course we don`t expect Jim to keep reproducing this form.
Other results of my interest today...Swampy got tonked...Kdog too...Holty rose from his depression and Alfie managed a win.

Postby gallantrabbit

Should look at Germany last year and say "why can`t i reproduce a bit of that??" if he played half of what he did against Carter last year he`d be reaching quarters all over...class player, sporadic performer...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

gallantrabbit wrote:Should look at Germany last year and say "why can`t i reproduce a bit of that??" if he played half of what he did against Carter last year he`d be reaching quarters all over...class player, sporadic performer...

Think he is really suffering with a back injury. Sad to see

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Should look at Germany last year and say "why can`t i reproduce a bit of that??" if he played half of what he did against Carter last year he`d be reaching quarters all over...class player, sporadic performer...

This might sound like a stupid question, but hasn't he gone to see a doctor ?
How bad can it be ? Must be some kind of spine ring that is out of place, that's easy to fix.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

This might sound like a stupid question, but hasn't he gone to see a doctor ?
How bad can it be ? Must be some kind of spine ring that is out of place, that's easy to fix.

SOmetimes it's not that easy and it takes time, months. I know from experience myself.

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie keeps this up cant see him losing before the Last 16.

If he faces Kyren or even Michael White there then things could start to get difficult... both have had recent drubbings against him, but the Best of 7 will suit their chances.

Postby TheSaviour

So Jimmy won. The problem on Akani´s game is that he won´t have any fluency. That may be the problem regarding these best of 7s.

Shaun was out of sorts and couldn´t kill the match against Wells. I was pleased to learn Daniel once again beat Shaun.

Ronnie won as highly predicted. Michael Georgiou, I feel, will have to sort out his obvious problems on the table, otherwise he might be crash out of the tour during the next few years. He won´t get much any wins if he plays that much poorly. The overall standards are just raising and raising. Not the break-building wise but otherwise it is a tough ball-game out there.

Ronnie just working hard day in, day out. He doesn´t much think anything. How his life should be, what kind of a money he could be making. He is once again just punking away his natural talent. But working hard day in, day out. Seems that the likes of John Higgins and Neil Robertson are doing that also. Need to have some kind of respect towards that.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 14 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.