Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open Final !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can't we just enjoy a new young talent on the scene, without continually mithering how he compares to Ronnie?

No.

:zzz:

Just three more posts, and Yan will overtake Ronnie as the youngest player to have over 100 mentions in the same thread.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can't we just enjoy a new young talent on the scene, without continually mithering how he compares to Ronnie?

No.

:zzz:

Just three more posts, and Yan will overtake Ronnie as the youngest player to have over 100 mentions in the same thread.

:|

Postby Wildey

absolutely it's extremely pathetic almost belittling his achievements

Postby LC

Is that not a compliment comparing him to O’Sullivan at 17? No one else, that I can think of has come close to achieving what he did, until yan now so it’s a fair barometer to judge him by I think

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Let me qualify that a bit. Yan is without doubt a more complete player than Ronnie was at 17, in terms of all-round game. However, I'd argue that Ronnie was more deadly then. One-visit frames and break-building.

Couldn't agree more!

All this nonsense that we cant put Ronnie and Bingtao in the same sentence is beyond me... it's a compliment, more than anything, saying Bingtao has an even better all round game than Ronnie had, because both are/were 17.

Like you say, Ronnie was more deadly, and not ony did he beat peak Hendry, but also the likes of Doherty, McManus, Morgan and Davis, the latter still playing great in 93 and still winning titles.

Bingtao would deserve every credit if he won this title, breaking the youngest ever record, but Ronnie's achievment, in the 2nd biggest ranker (and back then no Best of 11s rubbish) is always far greater.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Erm who else is 17 years old and was on the cusp of beating Ronnie's youngest ever ranking record? Obviously they were going to be compared - it was a big occasion and a big record could've been broken. Everyone was hyping it up because that's what everyone remembers.

But I know what your problem is. You can't handle the fact that everyone gives Ronnie attention even when it was aimed to be something positive about Bingtao but anything Ronnie and you can't take it.

Don't worry, one day another grinder will appear and someone (the 1% of the Snooker fanbase) will mention Mark Slowby. Happy?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Erza Scarlet wrote:

Erm who else is 17 years old and was on the cusp of beating Ronnie's youngest ever ranking record? Obviously they were going to be compared - it was a big occasion and a big record could've been broken. Everyone was hyping it up because that's what everyone remembers.

But I know what your problem is. You can't handle the fact that everyone gives Ronnie attention even when it was aimed to be something positive about Bingtao but anything Ronnie and you can't take it.

Don't worry, one day another grinder will appear and someone (the 1% of the Snooker fanbase) will mention Mark Slowby. Happy?

Your post is a bit of an over-reaction. Are you OK?

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Is that not a compliment comparing him to O’Sullivan at 17? No one else, that I can think of has come close to achieving what he did, until yan now so it’s a fair barometer to judge him by I think

People were saying they wanted him to lose, so he didn't break Ronnie's record.

What compliment?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
LC wrote:Is that not a compliment comparing him to O’Sullivan at 17? No one else, that I can think of has come close to achieving what he did, until yan now so it’s a fair barometer to judge him by I think

People were saying they wanted him to lose, so he didn't break Ronnie's record.

What compliment?

Cant speak for others, but I didnt want him to lose, wanted MJW to win the title. Big difference there, not only because MJW is one of my favourite players, but also because I didnt want his last ranker to come in 2011, after what Ronnie and Higgins are doing.

So I would want MJW to win against any other player bar Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:

I've got a bit bored of Selby myself lately.

My opinion of Selby and my opinion of Ronnie aren't linked. I have tickets to matches all week this week. I doubt I'll watch Ronnie or Selby.

The idea that you have to be a fan of one, and can't like/dislike them both confuses me.

I have no problem with you though. Lefitimate aplogies if you thought I did.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:I wanted Yan to win, for so many reasons. He’ll take a title this year

This year?

Your hopes on the kid must be sky high then... he only has the UK Champs and the Scottish Open left...

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:This is just like Federer vs Nadal

Nothing either Federer and Nadal have ever done their career, has ever been even 1% as interesting ad this.

I disagree.

I love tennis. And snooker. That’s it though. No football. Always picked last for the team. Put me off

Never too late to get into it.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Let me qualify that a bit. Yan is without doubt a more complete player than Ronnie was at 17, in terms of all-round game. However, I'd argue that Ronnie was more deadly then. One-visit frames and break-building.

Couldn't agree more!

All this nonsense that we cant put Ronnie and Bingtao in the same sentence is beyond me... it's a compliment, more than anything, saying Bingtao has an even better all round game than Ronnie had, because both are/were 17.

Like you say, Ronnie was more deadly, and not ony did he beat peak Hendry, but also the likes of Doherty, McManus, Morgan and Davis, the latter still playing great in 93 and still winning titles.

Bingtao would deserve every credit if he won this title, breaking the youngest ever record, but Ronnie's achievment, in the 2nd biggest ranker (and back then no Best of 11s rubbish) is always far greater.

but seriously mate who the buck cares.

Ronnie fans for whatever reason likes to do this about everything.

it's as if you now feel threatened by yan Bingtao ffs he's not ronnie he's yan Bingtao.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Your post is a bit passive-aggressive. U ok hun?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Your post is a bit passive-aggressive. U ok hun?

Fair play Dan and apologies Erza.