Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 32 !!!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

TheRocket wrote:Anyone who believes that Robbo could end up like Maguire and that he might be finished as a top player? I hope not but there are worrying signs.

I certainly hope so.He seems to have lost that arrogant swagger of old.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Anyone who believes that Robbo could end up like Maguire and that he might be finished as a top player? I hope not but there are worrying signs.

I think Robbo will sort this around.

Let's just say it's easier for him to do that than Mags that's for sure. I don't think Robbo's finished as a major title contender.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:

I think Robbo will sort this around.

Let's just say it's easier for him to do that than Mags that's for sure. I don't think Robbo's finished as a major title contender.

Cant see him winning a TC atm let alone a ranking tournament.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:The declineof Neil has been unreal.

From a title contender to a numpty
He should quit his vegan diet and eat some meat. He looks like a skeleton.

There was a time when I thought I might become a vegan. At least when I get older and closer to the 40 year mark (I'm 25 now). But no sir. Your body needs meat as well. I'm obviously not saying eat meat as much as you can.

But you have to find the right balance and do sports and things should be fine.

Just seen Robbos interview on youtube after his first round against Jones. He looks so damn pale and weak.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I think Robbo will sort this around.

Let's not forget, a couple of seasons ago John Higgins was "finished as a top player", he has won several trophies since.

People on this site wrote Ronnie off, due to him losing a few games to Michael Holt. Look at his current run of form.

Robbo will turn this round, in my opinion.

Postby Andre147

of course he will, those writting him off will have egg on face time when he wins a big tournament again, just like Higgins and Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Do you believe Robertson will make it to The Masters?

Discuss.

He will have a good run at the UK, so yes he'll make it.

Postby Chalk McHugh

TheRocket wrote:

There was a time when I thought I might become a vegan. At least when I get older and closer to the 40 year mark (I'm 25 now). But no sir. Your body needs meat as well. I'm obviously not saying eat meat as much as you can.

Just seen Robbos interview on youtube after his first round against Jones. He looks so damn pale and weak.

Too right.It's not a Steve Peters type mind guru he needs to be talking to.He needs to contact a butcher and put a big order in.And fast.Put a bit of life back into that rickety ole corpse of his.He looks like an extra from Schindlers List.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think Robbo will sort this around.

Let's not forget, a couple of seasons ago John Higgins was "finished as a top player", he has won several trophies since.

People on this site wrote Ronnie off, due to him losing a few games to Michael Holt. Look at his current run of form.

Robbo will turn this round, in my opinion.

Two years ago, I said Ding was finished. He has since won two ranking events and produced his two best Crucible performances.

Postby LeonD123

TheRocket wrote:

At least eggs and fish.

Postby TheRocket

Yes I agree, Leon.

And I dont wanna take anything away from Selby but Robbos dip in form obviously also makes it easier for Selby to keep winning those majors. Robbo has been one of those players who beat Selby regularly.

He's not my favourite player but for Snooker and competition a strong Robertson is quite significant.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Day has a chance to open a gap between himself and Robertson going into the UK

you cant hide your excitment if Robbo can't make it to the Masters can you?

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Day has a chance to open a gap between himself and Robertson going into the UK

you cant hide your excitment if Robbo can't make it to the Masters can you?

I hope if he misses out its a massive wake up call for him

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:I rate Slessor quite highly and could see him causing O'Sullivan a bit of trouble here

me too. I remember he lost only 4-3 v Higgins recently and could well have won that one.

Postby Iranu

You don't NEED to eat meat because there are viable substitutes for all the nutrition meat gives. I do, however, think that Neil looks constantly unwell, so I question whether he's managing his vegan diet properly.

I'm sure he'll turn it around and win more tournaments. Triple crowns I'm not so sure.

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:I rate Slessor quite highly and could see him causing O'Sullivan a bit of trouble here

O'Sullivan was ready to go home yesterday. That journeyman he played yesterday was that bad though.

I think that a defeat here will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for O'Sullivan and his chances to win at the UK Championship.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie hates Marcel has to be said. didnt allow him to check if the angle for the ball was correct.

I don't like Marcel, he gives the impression of being really arrogant. That said, it was pretty rude of Ronnie not to give him the room he needed to do his job.