Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 32 !!!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:it has to be said that the Northern Ireland Open is really turning into a Journeymans dream. Maybe they should rename it to "Journeymen Open" because thats what it is.

I said the other day I don't think the toppros will ever play their best Snooker here. Its just taking place at a bad time after all the travelling and just a week before UK Championship. Some will skip it, others who enter this will play rubbish.

Journeyman Open haha <laugh>

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Wowwwwwwwwwww

3 tons and one 50 break werent enough for Higgins.

Must be a cools pressure clearance by Wilson in the decider.

Must say that's an even worst defeat for Higgins than Ronnie's last year.... Ronnie also made those 3 tons but didnt have a proper chance in the decider, Higgins definately had it here.

But hats off to Wilson, not many could have pulled this one off.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Johnny Bravo wrote:Was so gutted that Ronnie lost today, but now that Higgins is out I feel a lot better.

I know some of yo think Ronnie's loss is for the better because he will be fresh for the UK, but this was a great chance for him to win this and still be on track 4 the bonus.
In fact, I'd rather have him win this than the UK. I don't see the UK as being any different than this, since it has the same s.h.i.t.t.y format.

Hope MJW goes on to win this now. He deserves another ranker. As far as I'm concerned, he's still ahead of Slowby on the all time list.

Not a big loss. I expected he would lose early and he did, better this way to gear up for the UK.

Besides he's already won 2 rankers so early in the season. hardly to be gutted about anything because I'm sure he'll win more.

Postby gallantrabbit

If you think this is the journeyman open go check out Gary Wilson`s dish aginst Higgins. Hugely impressive and never an inch out of position. Relied on his (somewhat wonky) cue action, kept still, followed through and delivered. Good man.

Postby gallantrabbit

One of a wee group with dave gilbert, jimmy robertson and a few others who the top boys don`t like to get in the early rounds. Escpecially in events like this where the pressure is a little lower.