Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 32 !!!!

Postby Iranu

Since when are good conditions and facilities too much to ask?

Imagine if your opponent got 20 minutes to get his arm going and you didn't. That could be the difference between who wins the first frame, which could change the way the entire match goes, particularly in such a short format. And you as a player would be bucking fuming as well.

Hendry's comment about practising is totally irrelevant because of course you won't improve your game in 20 minutes but that is (obviously) not the point - it's about being able to loosen your arm up and test your cuing prior to the match.

Either all players should be able to, or none should. Having enough facilities for half of the players is worse than having none because it's not fair.

Postby Chalk McHugh

After tuning in to the snooker last night,i felt it was quite flat.I heard Ronnie bemoaning the lack of atmosphere which,now that the man himself is beaten,is certainly not going to improve very much,if at all.All a little underwhelming.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Alex0paul wrote:Jimmy and Ken out

At least Ken will be free to present his Saturday morning two hour sports show on Dublin radio this weekend.Every cloud has a silver lining...

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ill be honest when i attend events i couldnt give a stuff about conditions for players its about conditions for me ie Toilets and eating facilities.

To be honest, Wild, I don't think Robertson was intending to speak on your behalf. rofl

Pedro was

Postby Andy Spark

I see Ronnie lost. I'm not too surprised as last round he was making some tiredness related mannerisms I haven't seen him do before, and I've watched a lot of Ronnie!

I guess time zone changes and loads of snooker just caught up with him a bit.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Alex0paul wrote:Lots of players I like left in it; Perry, Wilson, Yan, Walden, Gilbert, Slessor, Craigie

Thats who's left?Jeez,not much interest in that meself.Snoozefest.Roll on the UK.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:Wouldnt surprise me if Higgins lost this match after making 3 sucessive tons...

similar to how Ronnie lost here last year.

What did I tell you?

Just like that Kyren match.

Well played Wilson :-D :hatoff:

suck that one up hendry_fan <ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Was so gutted that Ronnie lost today, but now that Higgins is out I feel a lot better.

I know some of yo think Ronnie's loss is for the better because he will be fresh for the UK, but this was a great chance for him to win this and still be on track 4 the bonus.
In fact, I'd rather have him win this than the UK. I don't see the UK as being any different than this, since it has the same s.h.i.t.t.y format.

Hope MJW goes on to win this now. He deserves another ranker. As far as I'm concerned, he's still ahead of Slowby on the all time list.

Postby LC

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't mind Slessor, tbh. He's from Newcastle and supports NUFC.
Oh dear I defo don’t want him winning another match lol

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Since when are good conditions and facilities too much to ask?

Imagine if your opponent got 20 minutes to get his arm going and you didn't. That could be the difference between who wins the first frame, which could change the way the entire match goes, particularly in such a short format. And you as a player would be bucking fuming as well.

Hendry's comment about practising is totally irrelevant because of course you won't improve your game in 20 minutes but that is (obviously) not the point - it's about being able to loosen your arm up and test your cuing prior to the match.

Either all players should be able to, or none should. Having enough facilities for half of the players is worse than having none because it's not fair.

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Was so gutted that Ronnie lost today, but now that Higgins is out I feel a lot better.

I know some of yo think Ronnie's loss is for the better because he will be fresh for the UK, but this was a great chance for him to win this and still be on track 4 the bonus.
In fact, I'd rather have him win this than the UK. I don't see the UK as being any different than this, since it has the same s.h.i.t.t.y format.

Hope MJW goes on to win this now. He deserves another ranker. As far as I'm concerned, he's still ahead of Slowby on the all time list.

It's not quite the same shitty format. The matches are best of 11.

Postby Vallomas

eraserhead wrote:Hope Yan wins it, pressure on Day to gain points with Neil going out.

I guess that with Neil out, Ryan won't have the same pressure -knowing that the Masters spot will be decided at York.

It's an open draw and anyone could win it. I would like to see Perry lifting a proper trophy (as in his sole ranking success the tournament was like a PTC and no trophy was given!), but I feel that it's the best chance Williams could have for his first ranker after ages.

Postby TheRocket

it has to be said that the Northern Ireland Open is really turning into a Journeymans dream. Maybe they should rename it to "Journeymen Open" because thats what it is.

I said the other day I don't think the toppros will ever play their best Snooker here. Its just taking place at a bad time after all the travelling and just a week before UK Championship. Some will skip it, others who enter this will play rubbish.
Last edited by TheRocket on 23 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andy Spark

Johnny Bravo wrote:Was so gutted that Ronnie lost today, but now that Higgins is out I feel a lot better.

I'm a big Ronnie fan but I often think that Higgins doing well might help Ronnie to do well. If Ronnie was the only age 40+ player winning ranking titles on a roughly yearly basis it could play with his mind, the demons creep in. While there are two of them at it, it becomes a healthy rivalry.