Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:in some things he is.

Players have to sign a players contract and if they dont agree with something they cant do anything about it, which is plain silly really.

Well, isn't that just like everybody else? You think anybody here can just get away with doing whatever they want at work? Is Ronnie the only person who has to follow rules in their professional environment?

(Says me, who is posting about snooker at work.) rofl

Are you a huge selling factor, the most glorious employee at your work? Without whom, the company would make less money and less people would know about your company? No. So it's a bit different....

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:buck. that is so unlucky

What happened?

blue and pink lied close to each other and pink blocked the way for the blue into the left middle. So he tried to play the blue to the right middle but snookered himself behind the pink (after potting the brown).

Just seen it on Twitter. Ouchhhhhhhhhhhh. The Gentleman Nearly Man...

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I like Belfast. You can be whoever or whatever you want to be in Belfast. Except Catholic.

You a Protestant, Pinkball?

If you don't mind me asking. Just curious.

Don't believe. But still Catholic, obviously.

Big deal these things over there, aint it? That and drinking heavily.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I like Belfast. You can be whoever or whatever you want to be in Belfast. Except Catholic.

You a Protestant, Pinkball?

If you don't mind me asking. Just curious.

Don't believe. But still Catholic, obviously.

Big deal these things over there, aint it? That and drinking heavily.

Nah, not really any more, except in the North. But even there things have picked up, thank Heavens.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:In Ronnie's masterclass about how to break, he omits to mention that you play it with right-hand side. kinda fundamental?

Yeah they're all pretty terrible - they don't tell you anything you'd need to know as a beginner.

The double one, people surely are more interested in how you aim them than how firm to hit them?

Postby Dan-cat

Dan-cat wrote:In Ronnie's masterclass about how to break, he omits to mention that you play it with right-hand side. kinda fundamental?

Or left, depending on which side of the pack you hit, but it's usually the right-hand side.

Peggy Lee: Jet lag!

Also, Ronnie is Number 1 this season so far. Has won the most cash

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

Yeah they're all pretty terrible - they don't tell you anything you'd need to know as a beginner.

The double one, people surely are more interested in how you aim them than how firm to hit them?

Haha I know! 'Hit the white in the middle' - thanks for that Ronnie!

I bet he does say more of the good stuff, but it's lost in the edit... he needs to be in the edit suite making sure the important bits go in.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I do think that Ronnie is disrespectful to other players. No need to sanction him but he comes across as a sausage (to me).
That stuff he said about the family asking for autographs the other day was nasty as it is fairly easy to work out who it was aimed at and would have been hurtful to the player and his family. If he had an issue with the request, just speak to them in a polite manner - do not try to humiliate them on telly.

Nobody has as much class on the table; it is a shame he cannot maintain dignity away from it.