Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:What a result for Jimmy R. Snatches it on the final black of the decider. Starting to look like this tournament just might have his name on it.

Love your optimism.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:In Ronnie's masterclass about how to break, he omits to mention that you play it with right-hand side. kinda fundamental?

Or left, depending on which side of the pack you hit, but it's usually the right-hand side.

Peggy Lee: Jet lag!

Also, Ronnie is Number 1 this season so far. Has won the most cash

Good. Can afford to pay his kids school fees.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Allen makes too many mistakes to be a regular contender for titles.

His A game is as good as anyone's, but he doesn't bring it as often as some other top players, that's why like you say he'll never be a major contender on a regular basis.

Might win the odd tournament every now and then, but no more than that.

And I do think he's good enough to win the World Title, has evrything that's required: great scoring, good safety game and tremendous bottle. But don't think he'll win it, maybe won't even win a TC event.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie should really reach at least the Quarters here... has Slessor next, and then either Craigie or Xiwen in the Last 16.

Then he could face Higgins yet again in the Quarters.

Postby Andre147

But Higgins reaching the Quarters is by no means easy...

he should beat Vafei today, but could have Maguire and maybe McGill.... both more than capable of beating him, so his draw is harder.

Postby Andre147

Allen letting the match slip away...

and he said last year he felt too much pressure and this year was going to be more relaxed...

well it seems he did better last year then.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Like a lot of you posters,i'm over the moon with Ronnie's recent success.Fantastic to see him role back the years and give Trump a good hiding.

Great commentary on here as usual.When i can't get to watch snooker live i find this place is a must to catch up on all the crazy happenings on the green beize.

It's my Home Nation tournament now.Be great for Ronnie to do it but i must admit he looked tired earlier.It will be a tall order,no doubt,but here's hoping.

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:Like a lot of you posters,i'm over the moon with Ronnie's recent success.Fantastic to see him role back the years and give Trump a good hiding.

Great commentary on here as usual.When i can't get to watch snooker live i find this place is a must to catch up on all the crazy happenings on the green beize.

It's my Home Nation tournament now.Be great for Ronnie to do it but i must admit he looked tired earlier.It will be a tall order,no doubt,but here's hoping.

Selby did a worse job at coping tith jetlag and tiredness. He had just come back from winning the IC but look to fall asleep at the CoC. Ronnie on the other hand came from the CoC, won in Shanghai and now is here battling it out once more.

With the draw he has he'll have to play really bad not to reach the Quarters at least.

Postby eraserhead

Deewee wrote:That's a disturbing image

I know imagine meeting a Mark Allen fan in the wild. :sad:

Kidding aside could be the end for Mark here.

Postby LeonD123

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I do think that Ronnie is disrespectful to other players. No need to sanction him but he comes across as a sausage (to me).
That stuff he said about the family asking for autographs the other day was nasty as it is fairly easy to work out who it was aimed at and would have been hurtful to the player and his family. If he had an issue with the request, just speak to them in a polite manner - do not try to humiliate them on telly.

Nobody has as much class on the table; it is a shame he cannot maintain dignity away from it.

Do you have a link or something please ?