Post a reply

Manchester Vs Barnsley, from one who went to both

Postby SnookerFan

I'm a sad, snooker anorak who goes all over the country to watch snooker. (I'll get a girlfriend one of these days.)

So here, in my opinion, is the pros and cons and difference between the two.

Hang on my every word, SnookerFan fans.

Manchester. Was brilliant. When it came surrounding area. There's no better. I preferred it, maybe even above The Crucible. I played the World's Biggest Pac-Man machine, man. But, a tonne of eateries, tourist attractions. You could have a weekend away there, and not need snooker.

Barnsley, was a smaller place. Not really much to do in it.

Manchester a very big 1 Barnsley 0.

Hotels? Oooh that's a tough one. Both a good walk away from the hotel. Both Premier Inns. I had a good laugh in the hotel bar until 2am in Manchester. The final was a struggle. BUT the hotel had a nicer restaurant. A nicer range of food. Downside, a person on their own couldn't sit up all night and chat to the barstaff. Manchester had a buffet breakfast, Barnsley have a quiz machine. Manchester had more hotels in to chose from. But the one I stayed in in Barnsley was mint.

Manchester 1 Barnsley 1.

Crowd size gave an extra point to Barnsley. But atmosphere wise, I'll give a point to Manchester. Event City was smaller, but was all snooker fans. Not kids having a swim.

I give Manchester the edge in it being the more fun area to visit. If crowds had been bigger, it'd have won hands down. I have no idea why more people didn't go.

Re: Manchester Vs Barnsley, from one who went to both

Postby vodkadiet

I would go with one of those 'redneck' Brexit voting towns on the East coast of England where incest is rife! An audience full of knuckle dragging boneheads who can barely spell their own names.

Re: Manchester Vs Barnsley, from one who went to both

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I would go with one of those 'redneck' Brexit voting towns on the East coast of England where incest is rife! An audience full of knuckle dragging boneheads who can barely spell their own names.

What you on about?