Post a reply

Re: The English Open Final Thread

Postby Alex0paul

Shock horror! Wilson gets found out as soon as he plays a decent player

Postby Wildey

if ronnie wins the million he will have to do what he's never done before win 4 rankers in a season. he's only won 3 in a season once before in 2004/2005.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Shock horror! Wilson gets found out as soon as he plays a decent player

buck sakes he hardly got a chance in most frames so no he did not get found out.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Shock horror! Wilson gets found out as soon as he plays a decent player

buck sakes he hardly got a chance in most frames so no he did not get found out.

Yes I agree with that. His safety let him down most of the times. He didn't miss many when in amongst them.

But at the World Open he also lost heavily to Ding 10-3 and Ding wasn't as relentless as Ronnie was today, he did have a lot more chances to make that match close.

The way Ronnie played today I reckon Kyren could have only won one more frame and that was the 3rd.

Postby Ronnie79

Pink Ball wrote:Selbo would have stopped him today, 9-6 or so.

That is the kind of sh1t talk that annoys me. Coulda, woulda, shoulda but didnt. Selby wasn't there get over it

Postby Ronnie79

Everyone is wan*ing about Wilson he has got two right thrashings In finals now recently. It goes to show he is still a long way off the top players standard wise. Decent player but not top class yet

Postby TheSaviour

98% pot success tournament over the contest really does all the telling. That´s taking things in to the other level. I know a one guy who could do almost the same rate but very likely not quite that good.

I heard Kyren was reasonable good when he got in. He just wasn´t getting in often enough, not even close.

One thing in common regardless if you are a school kid, as a worker, or a snooker professional, is that you can´t miss a thing. I felt pressure at school when you really couldn´t miss the classes or you were out. Which would had been a huge, a huge shame. Only a few times you could miss it, even when obviously not always fancing the job at all. Same as a worker. You just need to be there every time, you can´t miss it. Or you are out. It really isn´t that much more complicated or difficult. Even when people are trying to argue how difficult or complicated or fancy some professions are. But they are not. And they just don´t wan´t to hire any too weird people. Been there, done that.

And same as a snooker professional. You can´t miss a pot. Only a few misses are do-able. But miss more, and you will get a good old fashioned hiding. Regardless who is you opponent. They all have that pedigree out there. What makes people like Mark Selby, Ronnie O´Sullivan or John Higgins so great is that they know that they can´t miss much anything and so they won´t. It is not that they would be somehow extraordinarily good to punish from mistakes. They do have their own styles to break-build, I admit that. Anyone out there can and will punish from mistakes. But Ronnie, John or Mark, for example, just won´t miss much themselves. And miss the flight while travelling or an early wake-up, and you are also in troubles. Just ask from Neil Robertson. Can´t miss much anything.

But there´s something even better to looking forward!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Six consecutive tournaments from Monday on

IC, CoC, Shanghai (the finalists have to take an early flight and get over the jetlag), after 2 days rest the NI open starts followed by UK champ with 2 days rest. And then following day after the UK the Scottish Open begins.

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Six consecutive tournaments from Monday on

IC, CoC, Shanghai (the finalists have to take an early flight and get over the jetlag), after 2 days rest the NI open starts followed by UK champ with 2 days rest. And then following day after the UK the Scottish Open begins.

Bring back Sir Rodney Walker.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Six consecutive tournaments from Monday on

Bring back Sir Rodney Walker.

No ranking Shootout. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Sickpotter wrote:Immaculate stuff from Ronnie...98% pot success is frightening :hatoff:

I pulled off the motorway at 7-2 and watched the last two frames in the services. Ace.

Kyren just played the Rocket on Legend mode.

A truly glorious display by the eminent one. Still the best, when at his best.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

I watched your posts all week but I have not posted anything during.

I hope everyone is fine on the forum since time.

Congratulations to Snookerfan for his predictions.
Since Tuesday he said that ronnie would win the title and he was right.

Actually dr peters look strangely like Rutger Hauer and I noticed that right away as well.

And of course congratulations to Ronnie who produced an outstanding snooker (and not just in the final) all week long.

I did not see the semi and the final but I visualized all this on youtube.

This level during the final was stratospheric.

98% pot success during one match at the best of 17 frames: Unreal A genius at work.

thank you Ronnie for this masterful performance.

Postby Dan-cat

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote: ...
This level during the final was stratospheric.

98% pot success during one match at the best of 17 frames: Unreal A genius at work.

thank you Ronnie for this masterful performance.

Agreed Incy. Good to hear from you :)

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Waiting for a train at Barnsley. Sad times.

Next snooker stop Wednesday. Snooker Legends, Redhill.

You - it's you that's the legend. Never has a forum username been more apt.

Who's playing at this one?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Waiting for a train at Barnsley. Sad times.

Next snooker stop Wednesday. Snooker Legends, Redhill.

You - it's you that's the legend. Never has a forum username been more apt.

Who's playing at this one?

I'm seeing Hendry vs Somebody and Parott vs Somebody.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:From next Monday there will be only 4 days up to Christmas Eve when there is no snooker on.

Doesn't the IC start on Sunday?

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:Everyone is wan*ing about Wilson he has got two right thrashings In finals now recently. It goes to show he is still a long way off the top players standard wise. Decent player but not top class yet

Your point being?

Even the greats of the game have been given huge trashings by Ronnie.

Wild gave MJW's example yesterday... when MJW was World Champion back in 2000 he was hammered heavily by Ronnie in 2 Finals.

No disgrace whatsoever that Kyren got smashed by someone of Ding's class and especiallly Ronnie.

Yes he has to improve a lot, especially his safety, but he's reaching the latter stages of tournaments consistently now, something not seen by any other youngster nowadays.