Post a reply

Re: The English Open Final Thread

Postby TheRocket

Absolutely brillant.

A demonstration of power and class. I hope he goes on and absolutely humiliate and trash Wilson this evening.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Utterly relentless. Kyren has been a standout player all week with his incredible single ball potting, some of the best i've seen on a consistent basis, but Ronnie today and throughout this event.. simply breathtaking.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Absolutely brillant.

A demonstration of power and class. I hope he goes on and absolutely humiliate and trash Wilson this evening.

Me too, I dont want Ronnie to start getting twitchy and give Wilson some hope... Ronnie should thrash him like good old times in so many Finals. :D

Postby eraserhead

Wilson will start thinking about his last final and that's just going to add to the pressure.

Postby Andre147

At worst Ronnie should win 9-5.

I said at the start I would be happy even with a 9-8 win, but now with this kind of big lead he should hammer him.

Postby TheRocket

what a huge frame that third one was. We might have not seen that peak performance had Ronnie lost that but luckily there are no ifs and buts. And I'm glad we've seen what we've seen after that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:At worst Ronnie should win 9-5.

I said at the start I would be happy even with a 9-8 win, but now with this kind of big lead he should hammer him.

Playing an aggressive player suits Ronnie in finals. Even if Wilson is scoring heavily again, it won't bog Ronnie down as there's less likely to be long safety battles and scrappy frames which could disrupts his rhythm.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:At worst Ronnie should win 9-5.

Playing an aggressive player suits Ronnie in finals. Even if Wilson is scoring heavily again, it won't bog Ronnie down as there's less likely to be long safety battles and scrappy frames which could disrupts his rhythm.

Yes that's why players like Higgins and Selby have such a good record against him in Finals. They just know how to play him if Ronnie gets on a roll.

Of course Ronnie has hammered both of them too, but it's so much more difficult to do.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:what a huge frame that third one was. We might have not seen that peak performance had Ronnie lost that but luckily there are no ifs and buts. And I'm glad we've seen what we've seen after that.

And we should enjoy every minute of it. There are a lot of fans who thought the days of Ronnie playing snooker at the highest standard were over for good but here we are.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:what a huge frame that third one was. We might have not seen that peak performance had Ronnie lost that but luckily there are no ifs and buts. And I'm glad we've seen what we've seen after that.

And we should enjoy every minute of it. There are a lot of fans who thought the days of Ronnie playing snooker at the highest standard were over for good but here we are.

Lets be honest theres a lot of Ronnie Fans on here feeling like cretins at the moment with all the doom and gloom bullocks thats been said.

Ronnie or anyone else has NEVER Played perfect snooker all the time unfortunally some have unrealistic expectation.

thats why i do like you Snooker Overdrive your a realist.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Wilson will start thinking about his last final and that's just going to add to the pressure.

Yeah. I can see it being over in rapid order.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Flawless stuff from Ronnie after 3-2. Yes. Wilson made an error. But it was the only error he made in the frame. Ronnie punished him without any mercy.

Ronnie wont keep this standard going in the evening. But he doesnt have to. Matchplay will do it.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:Lets be honest theres a lot of Ronnie Fans on here feeling like cretins at the moment with all the doom and gloom bullocks thats been said.

Ronnie or anyone else has NEVER Played perfect snooker all the time unfortunally some have unrealistic expectation.

thats why i do like you Snooker Overdrive your a realist.

No one plays perfect Snooker but no one has crushed and destroyed his opponents so consistently like Ronnie O'Sullivan has. And no one has come so close to play perfect Snooker. The Masters in 2005 and 2014 (not just the finals) come into my mind. Or the World Championship in 2004.

I agree though that his supporters (me included) have too unrealistic expectations at times but thats more like a compliment because he's that good.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:The real question is, will he win The Million?

He'll win this, the NI and the Scottish, reach the final of the Welsh Open but retire after having a 8:0 lead just to snake hiss off Hearn.
Last edited by TheRocket on 22 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

Ronnie seems to be shunning a few of the touch shots this event in favour of a positive strike on the ball. That last frame, for instance, going for the difficult red in the corner rather than the delicate drop into the centre.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:

He'll win this, the NI and the Scottish, reach the final of the Welsh Open but retires after having a 8:0 lead just to snake hiss off Hearn.

That wouldn't snake hiss off Hearn lol. Quite the opposite in fact.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He'll win this, the NI and the Scottish, reach the final of the Welsh Open but retires after having a 8:0 lead just to snake hiss off Hearn.

yeah you're right. that was a bad joke .

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:Ronnie seems to be shunning a few of the touch shots this event in favour of a positive strike on the ball. That last frame, for instance, going for the difficult red in the corner rather than the delicate drop into the centre.

DECLINE!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Exactly.

All publicity. No payout.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Flawless stuff from Ronnie after 3-2. Yes. Wilson made an error. But it was the only error he made in the frame. Ronnie punished him without any mercy.

Ronnie wont keep this standard going in the evening. But he doesnt have to. Matchplay will do it.

and why do you think he wont keep this standard up? he bloddy well can and win 3 frames in no time at all.

Very happy with the way he played all tournament, very fitting he wins the Steve Davis trophy, moving ahead of him ranking titles won, plus Steve was always his idol growing up, copying everything he did.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Having an early dinner. Ordered a lasagne.

Great! Love it <ok>

Had a gammon last night. It was lovely.

Good hotel this. <ok>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Is Steve Davis coming out to present it this year?

He should, unless he doesnt like Ronnie moving ahead of him lol...