Post a reply

Re: The English Open Final Thread

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:its just fair to say those missed sitters are dips in concentration which just creeps in more and more the older you get. rubbish to accept as a supporter but we have to get used to it.

I have accepted it. Just consider it a handicap to make things more suspenseful ;-)

Postby Andre147

Wenbo jumping around like a monkey lol...

I like him though, he's not a robot like most chinese players are.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie has made 10 centuries this week so far.

If you consider his record in a tournament is 13 ( and that came at the Worlds), you can see just how his scoring has been this week.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:its just fair to say those missed sitters are dips in concentration which just creeps in more and more the older you get. rubbish to accept as a supporter but we have to get used to it.

I have accepted it. Just consider it a handicap to make things more suspenseful ;-)

Exactly. But it annoys me. Because if he did cut off those sitters which I still believe is due to age (dips in concentration getting more) he would be still the greatest player by a mile and the man to beat in all tournaments.

He still has the class, the skills. Those sitters are truly the only difference to his 2012-2014 standard.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie has made 10 centuries this week so far.

If you consider his record in a tournament is 13 ( and that came at the Worlds), you can see just how his scoring has been this week.

Wow, this really puts his scoring form into perspective!

If he can keep up the good cue ball control (with which he regularly struggled with last season) he will do a lot of damage this season, even if he misses a sitter every now and then.

Postby TheRocket

one visit stuff atm from both players. with the exception of frame three this is atm one of those matches where both players push and force each other to play at a high level. its punch and counterpunch.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:one visit stuff atm from both players. with the exception of frame three this is atm one of those matches where both players push and force each other to play at a high level. its punch and counterpunch.

It's brilliant to watch. Both are really going for it.

Postby Andre147

Brilliant standard so far in this Final.

Frame 3 excluded, we've had a 70+ break in every frame, of course 3 of those were centuries.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Brilliant standard so far in this Final.

Frame 3 excluded, we've had a 70+ break in every frame, of course 3 of those were centuries.

Should be another big break for Ronnie here.

Postby Andre147

What's being evident in this match is that Wilson's safety game is still not up there with the top players.

Postby Andre147

I'll take a 5-3 lead heading into the 2nd session. 6-2 is maybe asking a bit too much but you never know...

Postby TheRocket

4 of 5 frames won in one visit by the Rocket. Hope another is to come. Thats half the battle. Because Wilson is playing too agressive and doesnt quite have the safety game for a big comeback imo.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:4 of 5 frames won in one visit by the Rocket. Hope another is to come. Thats half the battle. Because Wilson is playing too agressive and doesnt quite have the safety game for a big comeback imo.

If this were Selby he would try and start to frustrate Ronnie by playing safe... most of the times he is sucessful, Kyren doesnt have that in him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:4 of 5 frames won in one visit by the Rocket. Hope another is to come. Thats half the battle. Because Wilson is playing too agressive and doesnt quite have the safety game for a big comeback imo.

Wilson's offensive playing style is suiting Ronnie very much. At the moment it's exactly he kind of match he loves to play.

Postby Andre147

This is like Ronnie at the 2014 CoC Final...

Finally we witness this sort of demolishing Ronnie in a Final again!