Post a reply

Re: English Open Day Six

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Wilson's draw has been a snake hiss take

your a idiot at times

Selby. Ding and Dott in the same half

And yet he's played one top 32 player....

So what

they were there on merit

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

your a idiot at times

And yet he's played one top 32 player....

So what

they were there on merit

I'd rather face Ursenbahcer, Dunn, Thor, Vafaei than Ding, Selby etc

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:Our man is through to the final !!!

:happy: :D

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

A victory for the good guys. :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie hasn't played convincingly in a final since the 2016 Welsh Open final. He needed a lot of help from Joe Perry to win the Masters last season. It would be great if he could win tomorrow in style.

Postby mick745

Interesting generational battle tomorrow. if Kyren Wilson wins will it be a 'passing on of the baton' moment with the 'new generation' players starting to take over from the old guard? Or Ronnie showing he'll be around for some time to come yet?

Postby Alex0paul

Can't see Wilson troubling O'Sullivan. He's made good use of an easy draw

Postby TheRocket

Interesting interview from Ronnie in the Eurosport studio after the match. Said that the likes of him and Higgins have to work hard because they are on the way down while the likes of Wilson are obviously on the up and hungry to win titles. And that he likes the challenge of playing those younger players.

Postby Cloud Strife

I think Wilson is a better player than McGill so it should be a fairly tough match for Ronnie.

I'm predicting 9-7/6 Ronnie.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Can't see Wilson troubling O'Sullivan. He's made good use of an easy draw

Have you watched any of the snooker?

I Really doubt it

Postby LC

Wilson looks like he’s learnt from the pasting he got from ding a few weeks ago in the China final, he looks a lot more clinical this last week and capable of winning today with a top class display, which I was beginning to doubt he was capable of

Postby Ronnie79

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:This season could finally be the changing of the guard. Obviously class acts like Higgins will still win every now and again but it's great to see under 30s getting to finals and winning

yeah but those younger players dont have the class of O'Sullivan or Higgins. So the standard won't be as high as we're used to be in the future once the old guard will be done for good.

you have the same problem in Tennis. eventually the likes of federer and nadal will be gone one day but that doesnt mean tennis will have a bright future. the quality will be a lot lower.

Kyren Wilson's scoring at times is right up there with Higgins and Ronnie he just needs to be doing it more regularly from tournament to tournament

He made 16 centuries last season ?.

Postby Ronnie79

Wildey wrote:

your a idiot at times

Did he play any of the above ?.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie hasn't played convincingly in a final since the 2016 Welsh Open final. He needed a lot of help from Joe Perry to win the Masters last season. It would be great if he could win tomorrow in style.

Will watch the match now, but suffice to say recently he usually plays well in the semis and then really rubbish in Finals, hence he's lost all of them rankers since 2016.

Wilson wont be easy, but Ronnie looks as hungry as ever to add to his ranking titles collection, so that can only be good. a motivated Ronnie is half the way for sucess.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

your a idiot at times

Did he play any of the above ?.

but still you got to make the most of an easy draw. Ronnie for instance had such an easy draw in the German Masters last season and managed to bottle it.

But if you asked me I'd rather face the opoonents Kyren faced en route for the Final than Ronnie's.

Postby vodkadiet

When O'Sullivan was playing well a few years back, he would say he was 'terrible', 'useless', 'might start looking for a job'. And now he is playing to a lesser standard, he claims he might win '3 ranking events a season'. The standard of snooker surely hasn't declined that much?!!
Last edited by vodkadiet on 22 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:When O'Sullivan was playing well a few years back, he would say he was 'terrible', 'useless', 'right start looking for a job'. And now he is playing to a lesser standard, he claims he might win '3 ranking events a season'. The standard of snooker surely hasn't declined that much?!!

I actually think the standard might finally be on an upward curve again, but not to the extent that it'd prevent Higgins and Sullivan nicking the odd title.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Can't see Wilson troubling O'Sullivan. He's made good use of an easy draw

In his defence, Wilson played really well yesterday. Doesn't matter who your opponent is if you win in one visit.

Also, bear in mind, Ronnie got Lisowski when he could've got Trump and Anthony "I Won't Win" McGill when he could've got Robertson.

I know Ronnie beat Higgins, and I believe he'd have beaten Robbo blindfolded. But skipping the bigger names hasn't been exclusive to Wilson.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:This season could finally be the changing of the guard. Obviously class acts like Higgins will still win every now and again but it's great to see under 30s getting to finals and winning

yeah but those younger players dont have the class of O'Sullivan or Higgins. So the standard won't be as high as we're used to be in the future once the old guard will be done for good.

you have the same problem in Tennis. eventually the likes of federer and nadal will be gone one day but that doesnt mean tennis will have a bright future. the quality will be a lot lower.

The problem with tennis is it's the worlds shittest sport.

Apart from Sharapova.