Post a reply

Re: English Open Day Five

Postby Andre147

Ronnie now twitches when he has big leads unlike in the past. And these dont come against the likes of Selby either.

Postby Alex0paul

Would've been great to see four 20 somethings in the semis

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Lol at the panic

why not?

last time he found himself 4-1 up he lost so we are bucking right to be like that.

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:Lol at the panic

No panic from me, just calling it as I see it. Those misses were definite chokes, imo.

Postby Andre147

Congrats Ronnie though. Got the job done without playing his best.

Plays McGill next. Ants had his best chance of beating Ronnie at the 2014 UK Champs, which he lost 6-4.

Postby eraserhead

Made that last frame harder than he needed to but a good win nevertheless, McGill will be tougher than Lisowski.

Postby Johnny Bravo

He needs to stay focused and win 2 more matches and he's gonna have 29 rankers, equaling the parakeet Higgins.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:What happened to my previous post ?!?
I simply typed C H E A T, is that a dirty word ???

yes it is considered like that, ever since the Higgins ban :john:

Postby Andre147

Ronnie in the studio didnt say "oh I've had a good week, I dont care if I win or lose", he said he wants to pick more silverware and badly wants to win this.

He wont admit it, big Higgins reaching 29 must have given him a huge boost.

Postby Andre147

a pity I cant watch Ronnie's Semi tomorrow, the first match I wont be able to watch, but neverhteless wish him all the best, he really should win.

Best of luck Ron and Alex.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie in the studio didnt say "oh I've had a good week, I dont care if I win or lose", he said he wants to pick more silverware and badly wants to win this.

He wont admit it, big Higgins reaching 29 must have given him a huge boost.

But it has always been like that with these two, hasn't it?

A fierce and great rivalry for over 25 years now :hatoff:

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:Best of luck Ron and Alex.

Thanks mate

Postby TheRocket

No doubt McGill will be a bigger challenge tomorrow. He's a very solid allroundplayer. Ronnie has beaten him in all 5 matches they played though so that might be in his head.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:No doubt McGill will be a bigger challenge tomorrow. He's a very solid allroundplayer. Ronnie has beaten him in all 5 matches they played though so that might be in his head.

Ronnie just has to beat McGill tomorrow. And he will.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:No doubt McGill will be a bigger challenge tomorrow. He's a very solid allroundplayer. Ronnie has beaten him in all 5 matches they played though so that might be in his head.

McGill should have beaten him in the 2014 UK Quarter-Final... I remember him missing a green that was the turning point in the match.

Had he won that encounter the h2h certainly wouldnt be this one sided.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie could be 17-0 up in The Crucible final, and you tarrd would think he lost if his opponent won a frame.