Post a reply

Re: English Open Day Four

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:Yes security cant allow those sort of things to happen.

in the end Ronnie found the funny side of it and gave his cue to her to pot the black... but what if she snapped his cue for instance?

Everytime I see these sort of things I cant forget how Monica Selles got stabbed...

For once I'm being serious: this really wasn't good enough. Sullivan is the most divisive character in the game; plenty people out there who wouldn't mind clocking him a punch.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:At the end of the day, it is something that we'll probably look back on and laugh. But Wild's right, there's no way she should've got anywhere near the players.

It's better something like this happens that give security a kick up the bottom than something worse, but yes shouldn't be happening to begin with.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Everytime I see these sort of things I cant forget how Monica Selles got stabbed...

that was shocking and lessons still not learnt

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Bingtao beats the defending champ 4-0.

i was expecting Yan Bingtao to win but 4-0 was a great win

Postby Wildey

God Matthew looking older than his years

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:Was she an older woman? I've seen a few people on Twitter joking; "Ronnie brought his gran."

Why aren't you there? She wasn't that old, think you would have liked her.

Postby Dan-cat

Noel Gallagher got taken out by a nutter on stage, that was shocking.

It's true Pinkie, but short of a wall of security between the players and the audience (not happening) or a high perspex fence how do you stop a nutter running onto the playing area?

Postby Andre147

The Milkman could go 3-0 up here.

Only a Higgins trademark comeback could save him now.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Noel Gallagher got taken out by a nutter on stage, that was shocking.

It's true Pinkie, but short of a wall of security between the players and the audience (not happening) or a high perspex fence how do you stop a nutter running onto the playing area?

You cant stop them, but you can stop them from reaching the players. The security guy had plenty of time, he didnt even bother to run towards her. <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Why aren't you there? She wasn't that old, think you would have liked her.

Travelling up tomorrow.

I think the point is not whether I'd have liked the woman or not, I'm sure she's lovely. Just that, there was no visible security.

I was at that Crucible Final where that streaker ran in a few years back. (The Ronnie vs Carter one.) That was embarrassing enough, as he got under the table and security didn't know what to do. But at least they were there. Doing something.

Not a single security guard on site? Were they on tea-break, or what? Nipped out for a fag?

Postby SnookerFan

World Snooker security; "In our defence, she had black shoes on, so whe thought she was allowed in."

:roll:

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:Noel Gallagher got taken out by a nutter on stage, that was shocking.

Come on pal, we weren't talking about a criminal mastermind here. I've shat younger looking things.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie had made 5 tons in his last 7 frames. That's quite impressive. He says he wants to reach the 1000 as soon as he can as he knows it's on and he wants to do it while he can still play at a decent level.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:Why aren't you there? She wasn't that old, think you would have liked her.

Travelling up tomorrow.

I think the point is not whether I'd have liked the woman or not, I'm sure she's lovely. Just that, there was no visible security.

I was at that Crucible Final where that streaker ran in a few years back. (The Ronnie vs Carter one.) That was embarrassing enough, as he got under the table and security didn't know what to do. But at least they were there. Doing something.

Not a single security guard on site? Were they on tea-break, or what? Nipped out for a fag?

Oh, wait. My mistake. Just saw the clip. There was a security guard wondering around the table "trying to catch her". Still not great. But he was at least there.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Milkins leading John Higgins.

This really is Ronnie's tournament, isn't it?

2-2

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Milkins leading John Higgins.

This really is Ronnie's tournament, isn't it?

2-2

<ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Travelling up tomorrow.

Oh, wait. My mistake. Just saw the clip. There was a security guard wondering around the table "trying to catch her". Still not great. But he was at least there.

in the 70s and 80s they would have got hold of her by the scruff of the neck but with political correctness bullocks they were frightened to do their job as security....now any nutter looking at that will think buck me i can do real damage and everyone will be scared to stop me.

Postby Andre147

Wild's right, this shouldn't be regarded lightly. Yes she was harmless, but what if she wanted Ronnie's cue just to snap it?

Anyway...

Didnt Higgins need a snooker at 2-0 down? Now hes level at 2-2. Higgins win all over that one.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Wild's right, this shouldn't be regarded lightly. Yes she was harmless, but what if she wanted Ronnie's cue just to snap it?

Retrospectively, we can laugh about it.

But, yes. Massive failing by security. It wouldn't have been funny if she had a brick in her handbag, and lamped a player with it.

Players took it well, but it could easily not have been a laughing matter.

Postby Andre147

Higgins leads 3-2 after being 2-0 down and needing a snooker in the 3rd frame.

Higgins v Ronnie it appears then.

Postby OoNebsoO

Andre147 wrote:Didnt Higgins need a snooker at 2-0 down? Now hes level at 2-2. Higgins win all over that one.

Not just one, but two I believe. Think he was 5 points off at one point, then got first 4-point snooker, and later on couple more - Milkins was just baaaaad at escaping.