Post a reply

Re: English Open Day Four

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
More importantly, will he be wearing black or blue trainers?

:weeds: :weeds: :weeds: :weeds: :weeds:

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

The story managed to get in my girlfriend's newsfeed, she just sent me a screenshot of the BBC article. Ronnie creates stories! haha. We are properly back to normal now, I'm mentioning my girlfriend, did I mention she was Latvian?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:We are properly back to normal now, I'm mentioning my girlfriend, did I mention she was Latvian?

:weeds: :weeds: :weeds: :weeds: :weeds:

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie's last century last night in the final frame against Mavis was ace. Worth a watch

I already watched it. <ok> :wave:

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:'I don't think Yong has a prayer to be honest' Jimmy

That's where Jimmy's wrong. Ronnie has proved in recent times he can lose to any sort of player. I still fully expect Ron to win, but suffice to say him losing wouldnt come as a surprise as it once did.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:

That's where Jimmy's wrong. Ronnie has proved in recent times he can lose to any sort of player. I still fully expect Ron to win, but suffice to say him losing wouldnt come as a surprise as it once did.

Yo Andre! Interesting that he had Dr Steve Peters there yesterday. Means he really cares...

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

I Think Jimmy is spot on

its just about the easiest match of the round for Ronnie. if he loses in this match he really should retire

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I Think Jimmy is spot on

its just about the easiest match of the round for Ronnie. if he loses in this match he really should retire

oh yeah? what about Ronnie's loss here to Chris Wakelin last year? that was as bad as Ronnie somehow losing this one.

Postby Andre147

I also think having Peters here means he cares about this one.

But he may have Higgins next.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I Think Jimmy is spot on

oh yeah? what about Ronnie's loss here to Chris Wakelin last year? that was as bad as Ronnie somehow losing this one.

Wakelin is a better match payer whitch can cause Ronnie problems if hes off his game Zhang Yong not that type of player plus Wakelin had more TV Exposure

Postby eraserhead

Good break apart from that positional slip up. 2-0

Postby Andre147

wouldnt surprise me if the less known Robbo won this match. 1-0 up.

Postby Andre147

at this rate Ronnie will need 2 or 3 more years to reach the milestone of 1000 career centuries.

already on 885.

Postby Andre147

OoNebsoO wrote:Could there have been a duller 4th round TV match?

Just appreciate Ron's amazing display here.

In his last 5 frames he's actually made 4 centuries. :clap:

Postby eraserhead

What a break black and pink not available at the start worked the cue ball so well. :spot on:

Postby Andre147

By the way, that shouting you just heard.. that was Vaffei, just won 4-3 in a marathon match v Bingo.

Postby kolompar

eraserhead wrote:GET IN

Good to see Vafaei beating Bingham, he's getting as bad as Brecel though with that celebration and also balding.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:Could there have been a duller 4th round TV match?

Just appreciate Ron's amazing display here.

In his last 5 frames he's actually made 4 centuries. :clap:

tons for fun

98% pot success

:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Excellent performance from Ronnie so far, but all this will be useless if he cannot beat Higgins later.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Excellent performance from Ronnie so far, but all this will be useless if he cannot beat Higgins later.

will only increase his tons tally if he cant beat Higgins.

or Milkins who knows :john:

Postby SnookerFan

Absolutely has to be Ronnie's tournament to win, surely?

Steve Peters there. Me at the final with somebody else who doesn't like Ronnie.

He's playing well, he has more incentive to do so to overtake Higgins now. This motivates Ronnie more than he lets on.

He's hard an argument with World Snooker early in the week. This pretty much guarantees he'll kick up his game. For some reason he thinks him winning proves a point to World Snooker. (Despite them wanting him to.)

It's got his name written all over it, this tournament.

My prediction is that he'll win the English Open, then pull out of Northern Ireland just to make a point about the million pound prize fund.