Post a reply

Re: English Open Day Four

Postby SnookerFan

Oh rubbish. Is the match still going on? I thought he'd won 4-0. I have trouble access live scores at work. rofl

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Absolutely has to be Ronnie's tournament to win, surely?

Steve Peters there. Me at the final with somebody else who doesn't like Ronnie.

He's playing well, he has more incentive to do so to overtake Higgins now. This motivates Ronnie more than he lets on.

He's hard an argument with World Snooker early in the week. This pretty much guarantees he'll kick up his game. For some reason he thinks him winning proves a point to World Snooker. (Despite them wanting him to.)

It's got his name written all over it, this tournament.

My prediction is that he'll win the English Open, then pull out of Northern Ireland just to make a point about the million pound prize fund.

That would be quite funny and he would be right in doing so.

In an ideal world, I would make things like this: if you manage to win 2 consecutive Home Nations tournaments you receive 250 000 grand, if you win 3, then you pocket 500 000, and all four you have the 1 million.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

He's playing well, he has more incentive to do so to overtake Higgins now. This motivates Ronnie more than he lets on.

He's hard an argument with World Snooker early in the week. This pretty much guarantees he'll kick up his game. For some reason he thinks him winning proves a point to World Snooker. (Despite them wanting him to.)

My prediction is that he'll win the English Open, then pull out of Northern Ireland just to make a point about the million pound prize fund.

In an ideal world, I would make things like this: if you manage to win 2 consecutive Home Nations tournaments you receive 250 000 grand, if you win 3, then you pocket 500 000, and all four you have the 1 million.

That will never happen because it's only ever meant to be a gimmick to drum up abit of publicity. Hearn has no intention of actually having to paying out a single penny.

Postby Andre147

would be funny if Milkins spoiled the party and beat Higgins,

Postby gcjdavid

SnookerFan wrote:Oh rubbish. Is the match still going on? I thought he'd won 4-0. I have trouble access live scores at work. rofl

It's OK, we can keep you informed.

Now Ronnie is on a break of 31 in an ideal position.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That will never happen because it's only ever meant to be a gimmick to drum up abit of publicity. Hearn has no intention of actually having to paying out a single penny.

I know, thats why I said ideal world. Hearn just wants people to keep talking bout it thats all.

Postby kolompar

Dan-cat wrote:
kolompar wrote:Ronnie is wearing black trainers, by the way.

Thank you. This is important shiz.

See, it was worth keeping alive the forum.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:LOLZ!!! An intruder runs in and Ronnie lets her have a go at the black.

...and he's in the last 16, beats Yong 4-1 with a sparkling performance.

What? Really?

What in bucks name was the security doing?

Postby Wildey

That woman could have stabbed Ronnie or whatever

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:That woman could have stabbed Ronnie or whatever

Security nowhere to be seen. This is pathetic, heads must roll.

Postby eraserhead

At least we'll forget about his shoes now!

#onforamillion

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:LOLZ!!! An intruder runs in and Ronnie lets her have a go at the black.

...and he's in the last 16, beats Yong 4-1 with a sparkling performance.

What? Really?

What in bucks name was the security doing?

Caught napping!

Postby SnookerFan

Was she an older woman? I've seen a few people on Twitter joking; "Ronnie brought his gran."

That's not an excuse, by the way. Why was she allowed to do that?

Security has always been a bit of a joke at snooker. I once got refused entry to The Crucible at 7:02pm because it was; "After the scheduled start of the match, and I might disturb play." The players weren't out yet, Rob Walker wasn't out yet. Anybody with any common sense could've seen that we weren't even close to having any play to disrupt. On either table. I'd have been in my chair in plenty of time. And yet security got draconian with me.

However, when somebody runs towards a player, security does nothing. Even if it's just some harmless old woman who has had a glass of sherry at lunch and got over excited, seems like a lapse. Same as that clown a few years ago, that handed a bankruptcy notice at the Welsh Open. How did he get that far?

Or am I overreacted to having not seen it properly?

Postby Wildey

Lets be honest she was not the fastest and security got nowhere close to her <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Was she an older woman? I've seen a few people on Twitter joking; "Ronnie brought his gran."

That's not an excuse, by the way. Why was she allowed to do that?

Security has always been a bit of a joke at snooker. I once got refused entry to The Crucible at 7:02pm because it was; "After the scheduled start of the match, and I might disturb play." The players weren't out yet, Rob Walker wasn't out yet. Anybody with any common sense could've seen that we weren't even close to having any play to disrupt. On either table. I'd have been in my chair in plenty of time. And yet security got draconian with me.

However, when somebody runs towards a player, security does nothing. Even if it's just some harmless old woman who has had a glass of sherry at lunch and got over excited, seems like a lapse. Same as that clown a few years ago, that handed a bankruptcy notice at the Welsh Open. How did he get that far?

Or am I overreacted to having not seen it properly?

it could have been a serious attack lets not beat about the bush here as it turned out it was harmless but better luck than judgement.

Postby Andre147

Yes security cant allow those sort of things to happen.

in the end Ronnie found the funny side of it and gave his cue to her to pot the black... but what if she snapped his cue for instance?

Everytime I see these sort of things I cant forget how Monica Selles got stabbed...
Last edited by Andre147 on 19 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Ref said 'what are you doing?'

And she replied 'I'm just having a jog'

hahhahaha.

Honestly, women these days. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

At the end of the day, it is something that we'll probably look back on and laugh. But Wild's right, there's no way she should've got anywhere near the players.