Post a reply

Re: English Open Day Four

Postby Andre147

Lisowski and Ronnie have actually never played each other, so it would be nice if we could get that for a change.

Postby Andre147

TR called it earlier... Trump is well up for matches against big names, but sometimes folds v players like Jack.

Postby eraserhead

eraserhead wrote:No way I can see Lisowski winning this match.

:john:

Maybe the friend factor was a thing, Judd wasn't his usual self. Credit to Jack though for the opening red and this break.
Last edited by eraserhead on 19 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

I was expecting to see peak Trump for the Ronnie match so I'm glad we won't see that happen now.
Last edited by TheRocket on 19 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

What a chance for Ronnie to go really deep in this event now. Of course, he shouldn't take Lisowski for granted, he's lost to worse players recently, but still a wonderful chance.

Postby Andre147

Order of play for tomorrow:

12 p.m Mcgill v Neil Robbo

after that it's Vafaei v Kyren

7 p.m Ronnie v Lisowski

after that it's M. WHite v Ursenbacher

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:What a chance for Ronnie to go really deep in this event now. Of course, he shouldn't take Lisowski for granted, he's lost to worse players recently, but still a wonderful chance.

That's why Im not getting ahead of myself.

Yes a great and golden chance here, but he's wasted many recently like you say.

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie wins this tournament, I like SF's idea: he should seriously consider pulling out of the NI Open, just to send that 1 million talk down the toilet and a message for Hearn.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:I think O'Sullivan will win the tournament. Nothing seems to spark him career-wise as much as a challenge from John Higgins. Whenever Higgins pulls level or ahead of him in a record, Sullivan takes inspiration.

he'll never admit it, but he does take massive inspiration. Higgins been his biggest ever rival, more than Hendry. Both same generation and only 1 title apart.

Postby Wildey

Quarter Final line up (oldest to youngest)

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5/12/75 41
Neil Robertson 11/2/82 35
Anthony McGill 5/2/91 26
Jack Lisowski 25/6/91 26
Michael White 5/7/91 26
Kyren Wilson 23/12/91 25
Hossein Vafaei 14/9/94 23
Alexander Ursenbacker 26/4/96 21

6 of the 8 was born in the 90s with White the oldest in the bottom half of the draw.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie wins this tournament, I like SF's idea: he should seriously consider pulling out of the NI Open, just to send that 1 million talk down the toilet and a message for Hearn.

What message Hearn couldnt give a buck all he wants is stories Ronnie pulling out would be a story he would love that.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:Quarter Final line up (oldest to youngest)

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5/12/75 41
Neil Robertson 11/2/82 35
Anthony McGill 5/2/91 26
Jack Lisowski 25/6/91 26
Michael White 5/7/91 26
Kyren Wilson 23/12/91 25
Hossein Vafaei 14/9/94 23
Alexander Ursenbacker 26/4/96 21

6 of the 8 was born in the 90s with White the oldest in the bottom half of the draw.

Good statistics and positive news. That seems to be the pattern emerging this season; first time in a while.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie wins this tournament, I like SF's idea: he should seriously consider pulling out of the NI Open, just to send that 1 million talk down the toilet and a message for Hearn.

He won't. Sullivan LOVES money.

He loves controversy and the attention it brings. He'd pull out, just to have people talking about him.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Higgins out. Selby out.

Robertson doesn't have the form to beat Ronnie at the momenf.

Who is going to beat him this week?

I think Trump will be the big danger.

:chin:

Postby sundaygirl

Glad to see Jack Lisowski win
Of those left in I’m going to be supporting Kyren Wilson
Hope that doesn’t jinx him

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Glad to see Jack Lisowski win
Of those left in I’m going to be supporting Kyren Wilson
Hope that doesn’t jinx him

Dark Horse!

Behave.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

What message Hearn couldnt give a buck all he wants is stories Ronnie pulling out would be a story he would love that.

Hahahah exactly. It would be everywhere.