Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Quarter-Finals !!!!

Postby Iranu

Expected Higgins to win, and of all the losses Ronnie's had to him this is one of the easiest to take. Higgins played well too so can't complain on that front.

Hendry_fan can gloat all he wants. Higgins would rather have had Ronnie's season so far than have beaten him tonight.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Expected Higgins to win, and of all the losses Ronnie's had to him this is one of the easiest to take. Higgins played well too so can't complain on that front.

Hendry_fan can gloat all he wants. Higgins would rather have had Ronnie's season so far than have beaten him tonight.

Spot on sir! :clap:

Postby Hyperion

God what a snoozer. Turned it off at 4-0. The poor audience. Still, we have to give the player who should be banned a tournament some time. Even if it is this one. haha. He'll get killed now prob v Robbo.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hyperion wrote:God what a snoozer. Turned it off at 4-0. The poor audience. Still, we have to give the player who should be banned a tournament some time. Even if it is this one. haha. He'll get killed now prob v Robbo.

Of course you did sweetheart rofl

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:Expected Higgins to win, and of all the losses Ronnie's had to him this is one of the easiest to take. Higgins played well too so can't complain on that front.

that sums everything up perfectly.

Postby Hyperion

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Hyperion wrote:God what a snoozer. Turned it off at 4-0. The poor audience. Still, we have to give the player who should be banned a tournament some time. Even if it is this one. haha. He'll get killed now prob v Robbo.

What's hilarious? You don't believe it? lmao, I v rarely tune in to Selby or Higgins. They bore me to tears. No change this time. <laugh>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hyperion wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

What's hilarious? You don't believe it? lmao, I v rarely tune in to Selby or Higgins. They bore me to tears. No change this time. <laugh>

Tune in? Are you listening to the match on a 'wireless'? rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

Ronnie basically gifted Higgins the first 2 frames, but the other 2 frames Higgins played well. The last one was a typical Higgins clearance. Shame Ronnie's great run had to end at the hands of his biggest rival, much rather have ended earlier, but nonetheless like Iranu said Higgins would much rather have had the brilliant first half of the season Ronnie had.

Been a great 2 and half months, the best first part of the season of Ronnie's career. I think it's underrated by some what he's done, especially winning and reaching Finals of events in the other side of the world. Selby looked like a poor old man after the IC at the CoC.

Ronnie did as best as he could do, and I think he'll win one or 2 more rankers this season. Hopefully one of those is the biggest one of them all. Now or never.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie did as best as he could do, and I think he'll win one or 2 more rankers this season. Hopefully one of those is the biggest one of them all. Now or never.

I'd rather he win the Masters than another ranker and extend his record.

But let's be honest, he can win nothing the rest of the season and it's still been a great one! I just hope for a good performance at the Worlds now.

Postby vodkadiet

Important win for Higgins tonight. Hopefully he will regain hid domineering ways over O'Sullivan from now on. It was also important that it a was clean thrashing.

O'Sullivan only made the quarters because he was playing awful players all week.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'd rather he win the Masters than another ranker and extend his record.

But let's be honest, he can win nothing the rest of the season and it's still been a great one! I just hope for a good performance at the Worlds now.

Worlds is all that matters now. Would be nice if he won The Masters, but at the same time if he does that might put extra pressure on him to perform at The Crucible.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:As a fan of Ronnie , that was hard to take though. After a good patch, to be dismantled and humiliated by Higgins in such a complete fashion is worrying indeed. Let's hope he gets lots of rest.

You're a Ronniefan?

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:As a fan of Ronnie , that was hard to take though. After a good patch, to be dismantled and humiliated by Higgins in such a complete fashion is worrying indeed. Let's hope he gets lots of rest.

Still has the qualifiers for Germany. Plays McLeod of all people :chuckle:

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:Important win for Higgins tonight. Hopefully he will regain hid domineering ways over O'Sullivan from now on. It was also important that it a was clean thrashing.

O'Sullivan only made the quarters because he was playing awful players all week.

You basicially said in that sentence that the whitewash will have no impact whatsoever. It was for everyone to see how awful O'Sullivan played. And Higgins knows it as well. O'Sullivan has still had the far better season and a 4:1 lead in the H2H.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Important win for Higgins tonight. Hopefully he will regain hid domineering ways over O'Sullivan from now on. It was also important that it a was clean thrashing.

You basicially said in that sentence that the whitewash will have no impact whatsoever. It was for everyone to see how awful O'Sullivan played. And Higgins knows it as well. O'Sullivan has still had the far better season and a 4:1 lead in the H2H.

Indeed. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:

You're a Ronniefan?

Oh yeah - anyone who doesn;t appreciate his play is missing something special. I like other players too but Ronnie is an incredible player. He got his face rubbed in it tonight though. :shrug:

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

You're a Ronniefan?

Oh yeah - anyone who doesn;t appreciate his play is missing something special. I like other players too but Ronnie is an incredible player. He got his face rubbed in it tonight though. :shrug:

Higgins also got his face rubbed in recently when he lost 6-2 to him and more importantly that 6-0 whitewash :-D