Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 128 !!!!

Postby Pink Ball

eraserhead wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Actually, you wouldn't meet too many pros with a bad word to say about him.

Ebdon's a unique player. Some of the shots he goes for are mad, he can be slow but I wouldn't call him boring. He's an oddball off the table as well.

He's a pretty nice oddball though.

Postby eraserhead

Pink Ball wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Actually, you wouldn't meet too many pros with a bad word to say about him.

Ebdon's a unique player. Some of the shots he goes for are mad, he can be slow but I wouldn't call him boring. He's an oddball off the table as well.

I love that he converted Robbo to a vegan, can't remember if he managed to get Carter.

Postby Johnny Bravo

eraserhead wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

I love that he converted Robbo to a vegan, can't remember if he managed to get Carter.

There's nothing great about being a vegan. :td:

We humans are meant to eat meat as well.
Robbo looks thin as paper and very pale. As far as I'm concerned, it hasn't helped him one bit. :sad:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:This guy Matthew Bolton is slow as buck. Must be something about Australia that produces snail-paced snooker players.

Robertson used to be faster a decade ago. He was also more attacking and exciting to watch.

Postby mick745

Good to see Lu Haotian get a good result. I still believe that he could be a top player one day, he seems to lack a bit of confidence sometimes. Played very well v Mark Selby a few weeks ago.

It would be very good to see him play Yuan Sijun in R2 if he gets past Mcmanus.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:King just potted a black in the first frame that was like a pool table pocket. Literally.

Dott was right earlier about the pockets being huge.

I'll rewind and have a look, but fair to say it doesnt surprise me at all.

For some reason pockets in China tournaments always seem to be tighter.

Postby eraserhead

Johnny Bravo wrote:There's nothing great about being a vegan. :td:

We humans are meant to eat meat as well.
Robbo looks thin as paper and very pale. As far as I'm concerned, it hasn't helped him one bit. :sad:

I'm a massive meat eater I just find it amusing that Ebdon managed to convert him. <laugh>

If I was Robbo I would be having a steak right now jut to see if it made a difference.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:King just potted a black in the first frame that was like a pool table pocket. Literally.

Dott was right earlier about the pockets being huge.

I'll rewind and have a look, but fair to say it doesnt surprise me at all.

For some reason pockets in China tournaments always seem to be tighter.

Have a look. It happened early in frame 1. It was even worse than those Murphy and Hendry buckets in the 2009 WC, imo.

King himself looked quite bemused by it.