Post a reply

Re: EverGrande China Championship Final !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:Does anyone else think Ronnie chucked this tourney away. He would have battered smurf. The standard in that final was so poor it reminded me of a world Seniors event. Terrible really

I agree.

This tournament was his for the taking and he flopped badly.

Postby Alex0paul

Hopefully a changing of the guard in the next 18 months with Brecel in and Zhou and Yan pushing for the top 16

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Hopefully a changing of the guard in the next 18 months with Brecel in and Zhou and Yan pushing for the top 16

Brecel has a long way to go regarding cue ball control its pretty woefull

im please hes won but how did he win it is baffeling Ronnie losing from 4-1 up and Murphy did not get out of bed on Tuesday

Postby Andre147

We should give Luca more credit, he was the better player on that week, the level of play wasnt great but his was just a bit more above evryone else, hence he's won.

But he has lots of room for improvment and age is on his side.

However, I was much more imoressed with Kyren Wilson's win in Shanghai than Luca's.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:We should give Luca more credit, he was the better player on that week, the level of play wasnt great but his was just a bit more above evryone else, hence he's won.

However, I was much more imoressed with Kyren Wilson's win in Shanghai than Luca's.

Al credit to him but i must be honest i see this win more in line with Mark King or Anthony Hamilton win not very likely they will win again.

If Luca has any chance to become a multiple winner he needs to start playing the right shots at the moment its very much hit and miss with him.

Postby Alex0paul

It really was a funny tournament. No game really sticks in my mind as being high quality apart from the Trump v Dott match and Murphy was shocking in the entire comp yet still got to the final and earned £75000

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:We should give Luca more credit, he was the better player on that week, the level of play wasnt great but his was just a bit more above evryone else, hence he's won.

Kyren has done precious little since.

Postby Andy Spark

Sorry a lot late (been very busy). But Congratulations Luca Brecel. Briliant day for European snooker! :party:

Reading some of the comments and agree with Luca needing to get more wise on shot selection. His exit at the World Championship this year was almost purely bad shot selection in the second session for me; at times I felt like shouting at the screen.