Post a reply

EverGrande China Championship Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 16th- Tuesday 22nd of August at the Guangzhou Sports Institute Asian Games Venue, Guangzhou, China

Many thought Ronnie Would pick up the trophy considering his head to head with the rest of the quarter finalist combined reading 63-18 to Ronnie but it was not to be as Luca Brecel faught back from 4-1 down to beat the legend.

Can he go on to claim his maiden tournament win or will the established Ali Carter and Shaun Murphy have too much for him at the crunch?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: EverGrande China Championship Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Still regarding yesterday, Ronnie played an awful decider.

He didnt have much of a chance until 4.3, Brecel made 2 impressive back to back tons and at 4.3 Ronnie started to choke it.

Even so, in the decider he had many chances. His biggest mistake was not playing the blue when starting the colour sequence. Why take the brown if it was r3spotted on the black spot? Strange decision that did cost him, not to mention the missed brown that he had to force it.

Strange too was MJW conceding the match when only 1 snooker was required.

Postby Rockettim147

Andre147 wrote:Still regarding yesterday, Ronnie played an awful decider.

He didnt have much of a chance until 4.3, Brecel made 2 impressive back to back tons and at 4.3 Ronnie started to choke it.

Even so, in the decider he had many chances. His biggest mistake was not playing the blue when starting the colour sequence. Why take the brown if it was r3spotted on the black spot? Strange decision that did cost him, not to mention the missed brown that he had to force it.

Strange too was MJW conceding the match when only 1 snooker was required.

Still can't believe Ronnie lost that. Never thought I'd say this but.....What a bottler

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Murphy has closed to 4-3.

I am watching on bet365 - anyone know how to make the viewing area bigger?

Sit closer to the screen

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Bottling and choking is one thing.

But to choke and bottle against chokers and bottlers is a whole new dimension.

King, Holt, Hawkins, Brecel. These are all chokers. But Ronnie outchoked them somehow. That is worrying.

If it was against Selby or Higgins I would understand to some extent but this.

From being the best frontrunner (I bet the BBC commentators will still label him as that) he is the worst now. He has become a choker.

This takes some doing.

Has to be an age thing cause Higgins (the greatest under pressure) also bottling big leads.

So frustrating.