Post a reply

Re: EverGrande China Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby kolompar

Don't get why Ronnie played the brown instead of the blue, got respotted on the black spot and that's probably why he missed the green. Both played amateurish in the end.
At least Brecel once again did a hilarious "come on" rofl

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie is now the new Matthew Stevens when he has big leads.

Don't be so down. Ronnie has nothing left to prove. We all just have to be glad he's playing at all.

But fact is he cant cope with big leads anymore.

Gets anxious.

Anyway... feel a bit sick as this is one of the biggest tournaments of the season, but in a fee hours all we be forgotten.

Postby eraserhead

kolompar wrote:Don't get why Ronnie played the brown instead of the blue, got respotted on the black spot and that's probably why he missed the green. Both played amateurish in the end.
At least Brecel once again did a hilarious "come on" rofl

Yeah that was one of many strange choices.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Don't be so down. Ronnie has nothing left to prove. We all just have to be glad he's playing at all.

Gets anxious.

Anyway... feel a bit sick as this is one of the biggest tournaments of the season, but in a fee hours all we be forgotten.

In my eyes only the UK, Masters and the Worlds are truly important.

Postby Rockettim147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

You have a point

Gets anxious.

In my eyes only the UK, Masters and the Worlds are truly important.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Hope luca wins it, but on the other hand Id like MJw to win at least one final ranker.

But he also may lose v Hang.

Hang just went 4-3. MJW has got himself in finals, semis and quarters recently but not been able to win that extra match.

Postby SteveJJ

Forget Ronnie losing, the main issue on this thread must be the reappearance of the old style MDG. Is this the end of his more recent laid back attitude to Ronnie's defeats? And is rockettim147 related to him?

In other more important news. Li Hang looks like he might overturn Williams as well. What a session.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SteveJJ wrote:Forget Ronnie losing, the main issue on this thread must be the reappearance of the old style MDG. Is this the end of his more recent laid back attitude to Ronnie's defeats? And is rockettim147 related to him?

In other more important news. Li Hang looks like he might overturn Williams as well. What a session.

Spot on <laugh>

Postby Rockettim147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Forget Ronnie losing, the main issue on this thread must be the reappearance of the old style MDG. Is this the end of his more recent laid back attitude to Ronnie's defeats? And is rockettim147 related to him?

Spot on <laugh>

I'm related to u!!

Postby Andre147

At least Federer gives me many happy moments recently and is winning big tournaments on a regular basis.

Ronnie should follow his example. Ronnie will still win a tournament every now and then, but no one here can deny he's getting very anxious wjen he has good leads and often loses against players hwe would steamroll in past years.

Age does that to players, Ronnie isnt immune to it.

Postby Rockettim147

Andre147 wrote:At least Federer gives me many happy moments recently and is winning big tournaments on a regular basis.

Ronnie should follow his example. Ronnie will still win a tournament every now and then, but no one here can deny he's getting very anxious wjen he has good leads and often loses against players hwe would steamroll in past years.

He's Bucked

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:hope MJW wins the whole thing now. As for Ronnie. Hes getting to that stage Stephen Hendry was after 2004.

Ronnie will still win tournaments every now and then. Didn't he just make the finals of an event beating Trump and Higgins in deciders on the way?

That match against Higgins was very bad. Higgins basicially did what Ronnie did today.

I dont deny that he can still produce good matches but I dont see any consistency at all and he is even bottling big time against journeymen like Wakelin,King,Davis and now Brecel.

As long as he wins tournaments its fine but today he has wasted a huge opportunity.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:At least Federer gives me many happy moments recently and is winning big tournaments on a regular basis.

The key point is that it's a psychological problem for Ronnie. And that can be fixed. Not easily of course but not impossible. However if he loses his abilities to pot balls and control the cue ball it's a whole different story, no way back from there.

I'm no tennis expert but Federer also had problems in the past years, didn't he? The chance is also there for Ronnie to turn it around then.