Post a reply

Re: China Championship Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

McManus who struggled badly last season winning just 10 matches in 15 tournaments has been pegged back to 4-4 from 4-2 down against Hammad Miah

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:Michael Georgiou is nothing more than a journeyman and hes 4-0 up on Kyren Wilson.

Thats pretty bad for Kyren

That is an ill-informed comment. Georgiou will push on this year and journeyman is wide of the mark.

Its accurate and not ill informed at all

in 2 seasons on tour Georgiou has won 23 Matches in 33 tournaments

anyone who expects him to push on in to the top 64 are deluded.

I expect him to make the 64. Your argument is sound based across two seasons played but does dot factor in any improvement that I believe will come this season.
Also Jimmy Robertson will have a good season in my opinion

Postby kolompar

Alex0paul wrote:Also why is qualifying taking place 2 months before the actual event?

China Open was the same. That was even more stupid as the China Open is the penultimate ranking event so important for seedings and there were 6 other rankers in that 2 months.

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Also why is qualifying taking place 2 months before the actual event?

China Open was the same. That was even more stupid as the China Open is the penultimate ranking event so important for seedings and there were 6 other rankers in that 2 months.

It's kinda weird isn't it. Not a reflection of current form or season trajectory by the time the tournament comes around. Are any other sports like this?!

Postby Alex0paul

mick745 wrote:Another defeat for Xintong 2-5 v Milkins. I fear Xintong may not reach top 64 by the end of the season.

How people can say he's better than Yan Bingtao is beyond me

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
kolompar wrote:

It's kinda weird isn't it. Not a reflection of current form or season trajectory by the time the tournament comes around. Are any other sports like this?!

Players been complaining (again) not enough time to organise travelling for china so the diary is being over generous with them now.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
mick745 wrote:Another defeat for Xintong 2-5 v Milkins. I fear Xintong may not reach top 64 by the end of the season.

i think the same people who thaught Tony Drago was better than Alan McManus because he was faster and more flambyant.

Postby Ronnie79

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

i think the same people who thaught Tony Drago was better than Alan McManus because he was faster and more flambyant.

Who ever thought Drago or McManus were any good is beyond me ! Oh dear

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

McManus did win The Masters.

Postby SnookerEd25

Alan McManus :

3x World semi-finalist (+2 other quarters)
3x UK semi-finalist (all in the longer frame format days)
1994 Masters champion, + 5 other Masters semi finals
2 Ranking title wins + 6 runner-up + 13 other ranking semi-finals (not inc. world & UK - 19 total)

14 consecutive seasons in the top 16, including 4 consecutive at world no.6

I'd say he's been consistently good throughout his career, though obviously on the downslide now.
Last edited by SnookerEd25 on 06 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Alan McManus :

3x World semi-finalist (+2 other quarters)
3x UK semi-finalist (all in the longer frame format days)
1994 Masters champion, + 5 other Masters semi finals
2 Ranking title wins + 6 runner-up + 13 other ranking semi-finals (not inc. world & UK - 19 total)

14 consecutive seasons in the top 16, including 4 consecutive at world no.6

I'd say he's been consistently good throughout his career, though obviously on the downslide now.

Obviously, those achievements are dwarfed when compared to those of Ronnie79. Which is why he thinks McManus was so rubbish. <ok>

Postby sas6789

Ronnie79 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

McManus got to the world semi-final just a year ago can I point out.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Drago will win 10 world titles

Including Seniors?

Under 21s

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Drago will win 10 world titles

Including Seniors?

Under 21s

rofl

Barely under 21stone, let alone under 21.