Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SteveJJ

Pink Ball wrote:"After all the nonsense of multi-session matches, it's nice to get back to best-of-7s," said nobody ever.

I think there's more justification for best of 7's in new territories (I mean when we get to Latvia rather than Preston). So not overly bothered with this tournament or Gibralter being best of 7's. Elsewhere there are too many.

Postby Tamctus

Stream matches for Thursday:

10:00
Oli Lines vs Yuan Sijun
Stephen Maguire vs Ian Burns

13:00
Anthony Hamilton vs Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
Graeme Dott vs Joe Perry

16:00
Robert Milkins vs Aditya Mehta
Barry Hawkins vs Michael Holt

19:00
David John vs Ryan Day
Alfie Burden vs Kyren Wilson

Some brilliant matches in teh morning and especially in the afternoon. I'm particularly looking forward to the 13:00 matches! Evening matches however, meh.

Postby TheSaviour

What is eating Jimmy White??! That was some 43break he made (decider)!! The position of balls were almost as difficult as it just can be. Quite never have seen anything like that before. A completely crazy plant to the middle, and continued it with some stellar potting. Like we all do know he is always more than a capable of. He looked dead and buried while Jak was going for it and freezing him out. I wish Jimmy could had made it a total clearence. Which was almost. Almost almost as it just can be almost. I thought he would make it while watching it. That would had been probably the best clearence I have ever seen, given the ball positions.

So Jimmy is vintage once again. The age is no problem. It is just all about the confidence, really. Everyone also needs to listen the doctors. When thinking about the possible future "superplayer" he or she should have that and that. But even those things are always just part of a solution. Just a one puzzle. That´s why need to keep on learning and listening.

So it is interesting. Playing just well and not thinking about the achievements or the titles.

Postby mick745

No debutant won their opening professional match yesterday but today we get to see Yuan Sijun and Chen Zifan. Tough matches for both though.

Postby Tamctus

mick745 wrote:No debutant won their opening professional match yesterday but today we get to see Yuan Sijun and Chen Zifan. Tough matches for both though.

I was impressed with Soheil Vahedi's performance despite his 4-3 loss to Craigie. Made a break of 96 in only his second professional frame and another 63 later in the match.

Interestingly, he'll play compatriot Hossein Vafaei next week in the China Championship qualifiers. I'm sure they would have preferred to play anyone else but each other but at least there's a guaranteed Iranian in the main draw :-)

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:How does Dott draw Perry in round one ffs

a great draw for him.

sometime you can get a easy draw to qualify and it does nothing for your confidence.

no point thinking hard draw if Dott has ambition he will need to beat the likes of Selby to win

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:"After all the nonsense of multi-session matches, it's nice to get back to best-of-7s," said nobody ever.

I think there's more justification for best of 7's in new territories (I mean when we get to Latvia rather than Preston). So not overly bothered with this tournament or Gibralter being best of 7's. Elsewhere there are too many.

point is we need variety and best of 7s has their place no doubt but theres too many without the need for them

Postby hendry_fan

TheSaviour wrote:What is eating Jimmy White??! That was some 43break he made (decider)!! The position of balls were almost as difficult as it just can be. Quite never have seen anything like that before. A completely crazy plant to the middle, and continued it with some stellar potting. Like we all do know he is always more than a capable of. He looked dead and buried while Jak was going for it and freezing him out. I wish Jimmy could had made it a total clearence. Which was almost. Almost almost as it just can be almost. I thought he would make it while watching it. That would had been probably the best clearence I have ever seen, given the ball positions.

So Jimmy is vintage once again. The age is no problem. It is just all about the confidence, really. Everyone also needs to listen the doctors. When thinking about the possible future "superplayer" he or she should have that and that. But even those things are always just part of a solution. Just a one puzzle. That´s why need to keep on learning and listening.

So it is interesting. Playing just well and not thinking about the achievements or the titles.

Maybe the "cheeseboard effect" there from Jimmy. ;-) :-D

I watched the decider on good young YouTube and yeah,it was a very nice 43 break,the plant he made to start off the break was a :cracker: and he potted some very nice pots to keep the break going,although it has to be said,that Jones was very unfortunate that a red went in when he potted the black and split the pack.

Well done Jimmy though. :clap:

Nice comeback by Sharav,beating Leong from bein 3-0 behind and a nice start for Angles in beatin Lemons 4 frames to 1. <ok>

Postby The_Abbott

I don't mind best of 7's in minor tournaments or qualifiers but when you get to the main stages it should be more frames but they want to pack in more tournaments now which means they have to pack the games in over a few days so best of 7's is the best solution.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

stephen hendry‏ @SHendry775
Very proud to announce the new world seniors tour with @Snookerlegends and also amazing to have @jimmywhite147 &@kendoherty1997 on board

Postby SteveJJ

Tamctus wrote:
mick745 wrote:No debutant won their opening professional match yesterday but today we get to see Yuan Sijun and Chen Zifan. Tough matches for both though.

I was impressed with Soheil Vahedi's performance despite his 4-3 loss to Craigie. Made a break of 96 in only his second professional frame and another 63 later in the match.

Interestingly, he'll play compatriot Hossein Vafaei next week in the China Championship qualifiers. I'm sure they would have preferred to play anyone else but each other but at least there's a guaranteed Iranian in the main draw :-)

AM I right in thinking that in the China Champ qualifiers there aren't any Q School top ups? If so this must be the first tournament that hasn't needed top up players.

Postby SteveJJ

Dan-cat wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Looks like Lightning Rod Lawler is a no show this afternoon giving Wang Yuchen a walkover to Riga.

A walk over to Riga? that would take bucking ages!

Good job its Wang Yuchen. Rod might have plodded there.

Postby kolompar

gcjdavid wrote:Does anyone have a stream link? I can't find one.

sportstream365.com

Looks like Vafaei is balding badly, but it doesn't prevent him from beating Hamilton.

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Gerald Greene wins his first match back on the tour 4-1.

its Gerard Greene not Gerald lol