Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just arriving at the hotel. Very swanky.

Has it got Eurosport?

No, just freeview. It bloody should, the amount spent on a room.

Postby kolompar

Zhou Yuelong loses to Paul Davison, very disappointing.
Ryan Day gets revenge for the Grand Prix final, beats Hawkins from 3-1 down.

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What is a Kaspersky?

Anti virus software

Kapersky CyberSecurity : Keeping SnookerIslanders safe since 2015. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Snooker cilpas rieksti ir mēs
Es un Viņš, un viņi un es
Mēs parādīsim, ko mēs varam darīt
Ar bumbiņu slodzi un snūkera atgādni

Not long now

I'm in luton airport with my Latvian girlfriend and she just translated this...

Snooker loops nuts we are
Me and him and them and me
We will show what we can do
With ball pressure and a snooker reminder

Lolololololzzzz we are giggling a lot :-)
Last edited by Dan-cat on 23 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby kolompar

Page lost to Bond 4-1 in the end, that's the kind of match he should win. Wild card Rodion Judin lost 4-2 to Robin Hull after his good win in the first round. There was also a good performance from a young player, Ursenbacher whitewashed Elliot Slessor with breaks of 139, 78, 76, 88, restricting his opponent to just 4 points.

On the TV table now Robbo levels 1-1 with a century against Lukas Kleckers.

Postby Tamctus

Kleckers sends Robbo packing from 3-2 down with a brilliant 83 break in the decider. I'm getting really excited about this kid, he has developed a lot in the last year or two!

5 players from continental Europe (Maflin, Hull, Kleckers, Brecel and Ursenbacher) in last 32. Record of some kind?

Postby hendry_fan

Aye,the weather in Bonnie Scotland has been very bonnie indeed.

I,m glad i,ll be able to watch live snooker again,not so much due to the weather,but due to the snooker i,ve produced of late.

Since about 2 months ago,i set a goal,in which i,ve stuck to so far,the goal being that i go and play snooker at least once a week,the first few weeks i played good to decent,but the last 4 times i went to play,i.ve produced drivvel,i can hardly play any worse.

I don,t mind if i play drivvel twice,even 3 times in a row now and again,but if i play it for a 4th time in a row,it does,nt half p**s me off.

I had a chat last week with one of the best players in my club about it,i told him that i,m thinkin about havin a break,but he recommended me to not give up,he said everyone has phases like that and when the phase occurs,one should keep at it,well i can,t ever recall Davis,Hendry,Higgins,MJW,Ronnie playing drivvel for 4 consecutive matches,or have they.

I was gonna go tomorrow,mainly so i can keep the goal i set alive n kickin,but i still can,t make up my mind,i might toss a coin,i guess i could still go on Saturday or Sunday.

Either way,i,m really looking forward to bein able to see some top,live pro snooker again,seems a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time since the last i watched.

Get along to the snookerhall today if you can HF - it is a horrible game when you are struggling but it will pass.

Thanx for your advice Badsnookerplayer,although,thats the last time i,ll be takin it. >-( ;-) :-D

I ended up goin,i only played 4 frames though,but unfortunatly,yet again,i played rubbish.

I have to say though,that it certainly does,nt help matters if your opponent gets a ridiculous run o the ball and keeps gettin away with it,the amount of times he got away with it after missin a pot or bottlin a safety was unreal.

He won the 1st frame,mainly due to his outragious run and he almost won the 2nd as well,with help of a fluke on the yellow,followed by a fluke on the green,but due to my grit n determination,i dug in and won the next 3,all the 4 frames were actually very close,in the 4th frame i potted a long pink and landed very nicely on the black,i had to use the rest and i potted it to the green pocket to snatch the frame n match by just e few points.

Ok,i won,but i was all over the shop,all deparments of my game were just pure n utter divvel. :dizzy:

Thats now 5 buckin consecutive bad days that i,ve had at the office,when is it gonna buckin end!!!!. :grrr: :wild:

Talk bout havin bad days at the office,Looks like Robbo had one himself.

Many congrats to the young gun German Kleckers,must be the BIGGEST scalp of his young carreer so far. :clap:

I think i,ll now treat myself to a glas or 2 of :wine:,i somehow have to escape from the drivvel that i,ve produced and am still producing.

*Cheeeeeerrrrrrrs!!* :drunk: :-D

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Surely with the form Maguire has shown in both qualifiers and today he'll win a tournament again soon. I think hes only lost 1 frame in three games.

lets not go overboard here hes beaten Burns, Barrett and Gerard Greene nobody inside the worlds top 90 so to think he will win a tournament is very premature.

Postby mick745

Hossein Vafaei lost the 2nd frame of his match despite posting a 73 break. Can't be many frames lost by players after making a 70+.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

mick745 wrote:Hossein Vafaei lost the 2nd frame of his match despite posting a 73 break. Can't be many frames lost by players after making a 70+.

That's unusual - he must have been gutted

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Craig Steadman 2 - 2 Kyren Wilson
Kurt Maflin 2 - 4 Jimmy White
Alex Ursenbacher 0 - 0 Robbie Williams
Hosein Vafei 0 - 4 Paul Davidson
Mark Davis 0 - 0 Sam Craigie
Zhang Anda 2 - 3 Hammad Miah

Come on Mark!

Postby hendry_fan

mick745 wrote:Hossein Vafaei lost the 2nd frame of his match despite posting a 73 break. Can't be many frames lost by players after making a 70+.

OMG!!. :dizzy:

Verrrry sickening!.

Jimmy beats Maflin!.

I managed to see the last 2 frames of that match and Jimmy looked sharp.

COME ONNNNNNNN JIMMY!,show those young uns how it,s done. :clap: :happy:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Sorry to hear your snooker didn't go well.If it's any consolation I totally lost my game recently and it is hard to get back as the harder you try then the less fluently you play. But you cannot force yourself to relax! :grrr:

Postby SnookerEd25

hendry_fan wrote:

Jimmy beats Maflin!.

I managed to see the last 2 frames of that match and Jimmy looked sharp.

COME ONNNNNNNN JIMMY!,show those young uns how it,s done. :clap: :happy:

Heading for a QF showdown with KenDo!

Postby kolompar

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hosein Vafei 0 - 4 Paul Davidson

Unbelievable, thought it was bad enough that he was winning in Q School. That's Paul Davison's first last 16 in a ranking event in 19 seasons on the tour.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

kolompar wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hosein Vafei 0 - 4 Paul Davidson

Unbelievable, thought it was bad enough that he was winning in Q School. That's Paul Davison's first last 16 in a ranking event in 19 seasons on the tour.

That's quite a stat!!