Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to Ryan,finaly after all these years he wins a ranking tourney, :win: :clap:

I,m Pleased for him. <ok>

Hard luck to Mags,he said in his interview,"i felt like i could,nt play the game".

Aye Stephen,i,ve been feelin the exact same lately,diffrence is,that i,ve been strugglin to find even a wee bit o form for the past 5,6 weeks. :-( :-)

He did,nt play well in this final,but apart from this final,he,s been playing well lately.

Both did,nt play that well in this final,especially Mags,but Ryan won the tourney and thats what counts.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Well done Ryan Day - well deserved.

Earlier in this thread - in response to a question from Snookerfan - I alleged that Ryan had married his cousin. I wish to unreservedly withdraw this assertion, as it was completely without foundation. In future, I will check my facts more carefully before making bold statements such as this.

He married his aunty.

Postby Vallomas

Don't forget that Day has Booked a place on Champion of Champions - which has an even more interesting line up now, with King and Hamilton also there.

Postby TheSaviour

Vallomas wrote:Or Joe Swail.

Joe Swail isn´t nowhere good enough to win a ranker. Or to even make a deep run. Make no mistake. I just bigged him up during the Q School because I thought the timing was correct (unique) and there weren´t quite anyone else playing.

But fair point Vallomas that you wrote his name also. It certainly do produce some good and FACTUAL-based disscussions. Which otherwise could be lacking. If every player would be just like Mark Williams or Stephen Maguire. There wouldn´t be much any factual-based discussions going on. Just some daft fan-boy posts.

It always is good that there are different kind of players. We will always require some fireworks! So why not being a fan of those kind players. Who are not that solid and always an underdogs, but can produce just that. Not every player want´s just to make some money, money, money, and ranking points.

A fair point, yes. I just read it too well. If there is or will be some changhes considering rankings it is a fair point and fair enough to tell it beforehand.

It is a fair enough that what we will write is what other can read. There´s absolutely no need to rush. It will always shape very well. Just post what ever to post on a day. When the timing is right. Then it will shape very well and everyone will benifit. And people actually loves to receive some factual-based critics. Even if it would be personal. They just love to receive some critics. In order to make their own lives better.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:

Joe Swail isn´t nowhere good enough to win a ranker. Or to even make a deep run.

Depends what you mean by deep.

According to wikipedia, he's made 10 semi-final appearances. (Though obviously, the 2009 Welsh Open his only final appearance.)

Or do you mean, he isn't good enough any more?

Postby kolompar

TheSaviour wrote:

Joe Swail isn´t nowhere good enough to win a ranker.

Thank you, Saviour.
Tony Drago :D

Postby daraghj82

well done ryan, well deserved. joe swail got to 2 consecutive wc sf . I would like to see joe win his 1st ranking event but more likely that mavis will get there before him

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well done Ryan Day - well deserved.

Earlier in this thread - in response to a question from Snookerfan - I alleged that Ryan had married his cousin. I wish to unreservedly withdraw this assertion, as it was completely without foundation. In future, I will check my facts more carefully before making bold statements such as this.

He married his aunty.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Badsnookerplayer is fast becoming my favourite poster.

You obviously didn't see the thread he made about eating a Chinese takeaway. He was bang out of order.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Badsnookerplayer is fast becoming my favourite poster.

You obviously didn't see the thread he made about eating a Chinese takeaway. He was bang out of order.

That's it - Snookerfan has jumped the shark. Shut down the internet Roland.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
That's it - Snookerfan has jumped the shark. Shut down the internet Roland.

I'm clearly somebody else who used to post on here. It's so obvious.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Dan Cat. Any opportunity to mention his Latvian girlfriend.

Lolz this is true. She's amazing. A boy's dream. Once you've had Latvian, you don't go backvian.

HF! I got some ideas to help you out of your dip. Tried and tested in my own game. It's all in the mind. I'll write up my thoughts. Meanwhile here's me comparing playing pool to life, in a short clip: https://youtu.be/GNHTo9flu1c?t=8m26s

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Dan Cat. Any opportunity to mention his Latvian girlfriend.

Lolz this is true. She's amazing. A boy's dream. Once you've had Latvian, you don't go backvian.

HF! I got some ideas to help you out of your dip. Tried and tested in my own game. It's all in the mind. I'll write up my thoughts. Meanwhile here's me comparing playing pool to life, in a short clip: https://youtu.be/GNHTo9flu1c?t=8m26s

Good evening D- :cat:

I just checked out your HappyTech TV vids,i have to say,they,re pretty good,you host and interview and entertain very well, :hatoff:.

Your way better than Noel Edmonds ever was,or you could perhaps be like Bruce Forsyth,or maybe you,ll stay n be YOURSELF= the 1 n only=Dan the Man ,Dan-cat :cat: :clap:

I wish i could change the record,but once again,i played rubbish.

I went to have a few frames yesterday evening,i played against another player who really aint good,i thought it would be best to play against some weak opponents as i,ve been playing weak myself.

We played 4 frames which were of long duration and i won all 4 of em,just like most of the frames i,ve played of late,they were all very close,in fact in yesterdays match,they were all decided on the last 3,4 colours,of course i,m pleased that i won,but it would be great to be able to win in style again and not just to keep winnin by more or less havin to grind,slog out to win.

Even though my opponent aint good,he like most i,ve played of late,got away with a lot,although i did finaly get some good run in one department of the game,i was lucky on a good few occasions at laying a snookers.

For most of the match,i resorted to my B game,as i still did,nt feel comfortable with my pottin,the good,easy chances i did get,i once again blew them,i played a lot of saftey,some of the snookers i layed were very good,but a good few were due to gettin a lucky flick,cannon.

The safety/defensive part of my game is the only part of the game that i,ve been decent at of late,mind you thats always really been my strongest part of the game.

The next time before i go and play,i,ll try a round of D :cat: s breathing meditation,i,m so desperate to get some decent form back,i,ll almost try anything which could help. ;-) :-D

Postby SnookerEd25

H_F, I would advise some good solid solo practice, rather than frustrating yourself against opposition you have preconceptions about. Find a dark, quiet corner of the club and just work on your game. Line the red balls up the way the pros do between the black, pink, blue & brown spots and set yourself some potting and positional exercises. If you feel the defensive side of your game is the strongest, try laying yourself into some pretty nasty snookers and then getting out of them. Knowledge of the angles will also help on the positional side of your game when in a good break-building position.

Most important of all; try to relax, enjoy it, and play your way out of your slump. Then, when you feel confident again, you can jump back in with real opposition.

Good luck!

(apologies, we seem to have got away from the original topic here. Maybe we need to start a new thread for Hendry_fan's travails...)

Postby hendry_fan

"SnookerEd25"]H_F, I would advise some good solid solo practice, rather than frustrating yourself against opposition you have preconceptions about. Find a dark, quiet corner of the club and just work on your game. Line the red balls up the way the pros do between the black, pink, blue & brown spots and set yourself some potting and positional exercises. If you feel the defensive side of your game is the strongest, try laying yourself into some pretty nasty snookers and then getting out of them. Knowledge of the angles will also help on the positional side of your game when in a good break-building position.

Most important of all; try to relax, enjoy it, and play your way out of your slump. Then, when you feel confident again, you can jump back in with real opposition.

Good luck!

(apologies, we seem to have got away from the original topic here. Maybe we need to start a new thread for Hendry_fan's travails...)

Many thanx SnookerEd25,Badsnookerplayer and Dan-cat for your thoughts,advice,humbleness,much appreciated.

Believe it or not,but i fuuuulllllly admit that i don,t like to practice on my own,in all the years that i,ve played,i,ve always been like that,don,t get me wrong,i have played/practiced on my own,but maximum an hour,anything more than an hour,i loose concentration,start to lose patience and automaticly start to play drivvel,so there,s no buckin point in carryin on playin/practicing alone.

My problem is when i play/practice on my own,i get bored very quickly,especially these days.

The club i,ve been in for many years now is a very enjoyable club,most of the members are nice folks,all in all there,s about 50 members and there,s almost always at least someone who,s around and willin to play some frames.

Sometimes i arrange in advance and reserve a table to have a match with more or less the same bunch of the crop,but there are times that i,ll go alone spontainiously,but as i stated,there,s almost always someone there who,ll be willing to play a few frames with me.

It,s kinds funny in a way,but i even get bored very quickly eg doing line ups or any other types of practise routines.

The very few times i do actually do any types of practicing,i,ll set the balls up,like when you set them up to play a proper frame,i,ll then smash the reds open and play it like i,d play a proper frame,the only diffrence being,that i,ll go for absolutely everything,i,ll play absolutely no safety shots.

Some might now be thinking,hang on,how the buck does hendry_fan do any other types of practice,well,the answer is,..............................

,.........................I play frames against members of my club/opponents,playing proper frames is the way i practice. <laugh>

I really just canny be bovered practisin any other way.

I do now n again practice blues,pinks,blacks off the spots,or i,ll try n clear all the colours,but i,ll do these practice routines verrrry rarely.

I gave it another go,i went to the club again last night,i played only 3 frames this time,as my opponent did,nt have time to play longer,guess what happened?,...........................................................

,................................................................yet again,i played garbage.(BIG buckin siggggggggghhhhhhhhhh).

The first frame i won,mainly due to help from my opponent,he gave me 24 pts i think it was in fouls.

The 2nd frame was decided on a respotted black,my oponnent led the whole of the time until i clawed myself right back into it by pullin out some crackin pots on the colours.

I had to take the first shot on this respotted black,i chose to try n leave the white down near the black spot/cushion and to leave the black safe near the baulk cushion,i succedeed in managing to keep it safeish.

My opponent then also tried a safety,but he ended up leavin me a tempter,it was a very missable one,a long fine cut,i thought to myself,come on,you can do this hendry_fan,you can pot it,i got down on the shot and i put all my experience,grit,determination,skill,love,passion into pottin it.

I kept my head still,delivered the cue and what happens,....................................

,............................i end up pottin it,you buckin beauty!,get in there i thought. :bowdown:

My opponent was,nt amused,he grabbed his fags and headed for the exit. <laugh>

I thought bout roaaaarin a BIG "COMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!",or doin a fistpump,i ended up doing both + i did a backflip. <laugh>

Nah,i,m only jokin,i,m not the type who shouts out "COMMME ONNNS!!!",does fistpumps,somersaults,back/front flips,or does similar antics,i,m actually very like Hendry,i keep my emotions to myself. :-D

After that respotted black,we played just 1 more frame,in which he dominated and won,but it was hendry_fan who won the match,2-1 :happy:

COMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN hendry_fan!!,GET IN THERE MY LADDIE!!!!. :happy: :-D

Maybe after all these years,i just might give SnookerEd25,s advice a go,although,it,s extremely hard to find a dark,quiet corner in my club,along with doing some of Dan :cat: s breathin/meditation excercises + think of Badsnookerplayers kind words.

I,ll let you all know,the next time when i play GOOD again,could take a bl**dy while though.

Catch u all in a bit soon. :peace: