Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Wildey

kolompar wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hosein Vafei 0 - 4 Paul Davidson

Unbelievable, thought it was bad enough that he was winning in Q School. That's Paul Davison's first last 16 in a ranking event in 19 seasons on the tour.

Thing is this event is on a par with a PTC really and hes reached the last 16 twice in PTC even a quarter final of a EPTC in 2010.

Postby Wildey

Oliver lines blew a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 against Stephen Maguire

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ryan Day 2 - 2 Kyren Wilson
Joe Perry 4 - 0 Tian Pengfei
Ken Doherty 1 - 1 Zhang Anda
Andrew Higginson 0 - 2 Mark Davis
Robbie Williams 0 - 0 Mark Williams

Davis cutting through this like a hot knife through batter

Postby Alex0paul

The winner will surely be one of McGill, Maguire, Perry or MJW

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:The winner will surely be one of McGill, Maguire, Perry or MJW

I thought Mark Davis had already been anointed as de facto winner by SnookerIsland decree?

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Oliver lines blew a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 against Stephen Maguire

:happy:

Ants also won his match by 4 frames to 3. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Sorry to hear your snooker didn't go well.If it's any consolation I totally lost my game recently and it is hard to get back as the harder you try then the less fluently you play. But you cannot force yourself to relax! :grrr:

How come you,ve "totally lost your game"?.

Almost exactly all of the symptoms you described. Tensed up, pot a couple of decent balls then miss a sitter, felt that I was not getting a shot or any luck, negative thoughts when down on the shot. It has been the only prolonged patch I have ever had and I am finally coming through it.

What you said about being positive on the shot is weird. How come if you get down on the shot and think it will go in it generally does, but if you feel negative then no matter how hard you look for the angle you won't find it.

It is a bloody hard game but that's why I like it.

Intrestin that your sufferin from the same symptoms.

Just like everythin,it,s always easier said than done,but we really do have to be more confident when goin for shots and try to not get so down when an oponnent gets good slices of fortune.

We`re going through a "when it rains,it pours" phase,but our pottin boots will come alive again + we will eventually start to get a kinder run o the balls again + all that heavy,horrible rain will get gathered in a tornado and it,ll be blown at our oponnents and the :sun: will shine for us again. :happy:

It certainly can be a bl**dy hard game and it really can get frustratin at times,it,s a bit like my missus,but i also love the game and i love my missus too. :love: :-D

Postby Vallomas

Just renewed my Eurosport PLayer subscription to watch Jimmy's match and I realise that the snooker coverage of the non-TV matches doesn't show the match properly. The camera is focused on the yellow ball pocket or onto the referee's waistcoat and you have to assume what is happening in the mathc? Why is this happening? Any solution?

Postby eraserhead

Vallomas wrote:Just renewed my Eurosport PLayer subscription to watch Jimmy's match and I realise that the snooker coverage of the non-TV matches doesn't show the match properly. The camera is focused on the yellow ball pocket or onto the referee's waistcoat and you have to assume what is happening in the mathc? Why is this happening? Any solution?

was it at the end of the match and shutting stuff down? I only have the Jimmy - Ants match available right now.

Postby Vallomas

I also have the Jimmy vs Ants match, but I can't see the whole table (just the players and the referee, when they walk around the ywllow pocket.

PS. I found the solution. Just had to change my monitor settings...

Postby eraserhead

Oh good. I thought you might have been talking about table 2 stream at first when you said non tv match, as that's a much worse set up.

Postby eraserhead

Don't know much about how eurosport works but they mainly use other peoples set ups for snooker. BBC are in charge of cameras for masters, worlds, UK and Welsh. China comps will be run by tv networks over there. They don't show ITV comps, maybe those are the stuff eurosport sets up on it's own.

Postby kolompar

Wildey wrote:
kolompar wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hosein Vafei 0 - 4 Paul Davidson

Unbelievable, thought it was bad enough that he was winning in Q School. That's Paul Davison's first last 16 in a ranking event in 19 seasons on the tour.

Thing is this event is on a par with a PTC really and hes reached the last 16 twice in PTC even a quarter final of a EPTC in 2010.

It should be bigger than a PTC, shame it's short format and in such a bad spot in the calendar. Prize money is not that bad actually, more than the Welsh Open 5 years ago.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ryan Day 2 - 2 Kyren Wilson
Joe Perry 4 - 0 Tian Pengfei
Ken Doherty 1 - 1 Zhang Anda
Andrew Higginson 0 - 2 Mark Davis
Robbie Williams 0 - 0 Mark Williams

Davis cutting through this like a hot knife through batter

Yea great performance from Davis

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Alex0paul wrote: