Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SteveJJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Would like to see Josh Boileau do well this season but 1-0 down to Hull

Make that 2-0 down.

I'd like to see him do well too - although I like Hull.

Postby gcjdavid

Watch the stream here: live.qq.com/10001039

The lady commentating is complaining about Jimmy White's vices such as smoking, gambling, drinking and that leading to divorce and bankruptcy.

Postby Dan-cat

gcjdavid wrote:Watch the stream here: live.qq.com/10001039

The lady commentating is complaining about Jimmy White's vices such as smoking, gambling, drinking and that leading to divorce and bankruptcy.

She's keeping it light then?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Thanks GC - do I just copy & paste that link. Struggling to get it to work

Postby gcjdavid

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yes, but it's Chinese, and I think you have to use a PC to access it

Postby Badsnookerplayer

gcjdavid wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yes, but it's Chinese, and I think you have to use a PC to access it

:hatoff:

Postby SteveJJ

Certainly a different approach to commentary than that favoured by Dennis and JV.

Postby SnookerEd25

Willie Thorne has sent his wife along to fill in for him...

Postby gcjdavid

SteveJJ wrote:

Certainly a different approach to commentary than that favoured by Dennis and JV.

The approach, while novel, does not guarantee quality. I could play pocket billiards better than her (notice my highest break).

Postby SteveJJ

gcjdavid wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

The approach, while novel, does not guarantee quality. I could play pocket billiards better than her (notice my highest break).

That may be true, but you don't necessarily need to be a good player to be a good commentator.
I wonder if she thinks giving a wildcard to someone as morally bankrupt as she feels White to be sends out a bad message from World Snooker.

On a serious note. Jones equalizes 1-1. White has a 30 point lead in the next.

Postby kolompar

With Eurosport taking over the streaming, I always wondered how do the Chinese watch? Is it an official streaming site? (There's James Blunt singing now)
Last edited by kolompar on 31 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby gcjdavid

kolompar wrote:With Eurosport taking over the streaming, I always wondered how do the Chinese watch? Is it an official streaming site?

They have their own stream websites like the one that I just gave, and watch online. Sometimes you can see snooker on TV, but not much.

Postby SteveJJ

gcjdavid wrote:
kolompar wrote:With Eurosport taking over the streaming, I always wondered how do the Chinese watch? Is it an official streaming site?

They have their own stream websites like the one that I just gave, and watch online. Sometimes you can see snooker on TV, but not much.

Just read in Snooker Scene that World Snooker are close to signing up a more official Chinese streaming service.

Postby gcjdavid

kolompar wrote:But these are illegal streams, right? Not officially from World Snooker?

Of course they are illegal, if you consider how much the Chinese pirate things.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:Its wildcard afternoon in Preston with White and Doherty both in action.

The way Jimmy has been playing in practice he deserves the wild card.

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Kendo through 4-2

Justifying his wildcard, beating a reigning 'world champion'.

Sigh.