Post a reply

Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Last 128 Wednesday 31st of May- Friday 2nd of June at the Guild Hall, Preston
Main StageFriday 23rd- Sunday 25th of June at the Arena Riga, Latvia

Neil Robertson got off to a flying start last season with a win in Riga but it was his one high of a disastrous season for the 2010 World Champion he will be hoping for better this season.

Neil will be defending the title against the likes of 3 times World Champion Mark Selby however both Robertson and Selby wont be in action in preston their matches are carried forward to the latvia in late june.

Barry Hawkins, Shaun Murphy, Stuart Bingham, Mark Allen, Kyren Wilson, Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire are among the Players taking part but some notable names Missing Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Ding Junhui and John Higgins sitting the opener out.

Who will get the campaign off to a flyer?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Martin Gould v Kurt Maflin
Jimmy White v Jak Jones
Ken Doherty v Peter Lines
Alex Borg v Mark Selby
Jimmy Robertson v Martin O'Donnell
Yan Bingtao v Andrew Higginson
Stuart Bingham v Li Hang
Zhao Xintong v Mark Davis
Chris Wakelin v Matthew Stevens
Jack Lisowski v Mark Allen
Lukas Kleckers v Li Yuan
Stephen Maguire v Ian Burns
Graeme Dott v Joe Perry
Tian Pengfei v Scott Donaldson
Robert Milkins v Aditya Mehta
Barry Hawkins v Michael Holt
Craig Steadman v Lyu Haotian
Mitchell Mann v Ben Woollaston
Alfie Burden v Kyren Wilson
Nigel Bond v Dominic Dale
Rory McLeod v Xiao Guodong
Ricky Walden v Cao Yupeng
Matthew Selt v Sam Baird
Michael White v Rhys Clark
Mark J Williams v Yu Delu
Daniel Wells v Peter Ebdon
Shaun Murphy v Luca Brecel

ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby TheSaviour

Would be nice if Ken would get a good start for the upcoming season. But it is still a very early days even after a first few tournaments. He should be patient. If he is not that even I can´t help him then lol.. rofl

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:First frames of the new season get underway in little over an hour



W00t! It's been agesssssssssssss!

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby The_Abbott

pleong0104 wrote:Missing top 16:

(2) John Higgins
(3) Judd Trump
(4) Ding Junhui
(6) Marco Fu
(11) Liang Wenbo
(12) Ali Carter
(14) Ronnie O'Sullivan


at least it gives some of those that narrowly missing out in Q school a chance to play.

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:can't believe the new season is here already. Not that I'm complaining :happy:


I've seen people complaining on Twitter. It's too soon, apparently.

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:can't believe the new season is here already. Not that I'm complaining :happy:


I've seen people complaining on Twitter. It's too soon, apparently.


Really?! - it's not like football where the players need a break or the weather gets bad. You can't get enough snooker. I guess its because I remember the dark days when we had 6 tournaments a year and the wait was torturous.

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SteveJJ

I'm struggling to get this on Eurosport Player. Anyone else having better luck? Mine keeps defaulting to the tennis when I click on the snooker on the schedule.

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Really?! - it's not like football where the players need a break or the weather gets bad. You can't get enough snooker. I guess its because I remember the dark days when we had 6 tournaments a year and the wait was torturous.


Yeah, from supposed fans as well.

It's not a criticism I particularly understand. I mean, I understand that we all have lives and other stuff going on. Nobody will be able to watch everything. Fair enough.

But, why complain that a tournament exists, just because you don't have time to watch it, or chose to give one tournament a miss?

Surely, it's better to be offered the choice. Better that, than what we had a few years back, where we could barely watch snooker if we wanted to.

You never hear tennis fans complain that there's too much tennis on, do you?

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:Carrington and Georgiou need to push on this year.


Looks like they are both heeding your advice for today at least.

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Really?! - it's not like football where the players need a break or the weather gets bad. You can't get enough snooker. I guess its because I remember the dark days when we had 6 tournaments a year and the wait was torturous.


Yeah, from supposed fans as well.

It's not a criticism I particularly understand. I mean, I understand that we all have lives and other stuff going on. Nobody will be able to watch everything. Fair enough.

But, why complain that a tournament exists, just because you don't have time to watch it, or chose to give one tournament a miss?

Surely, it's better to be offered the choice. Better that, than what we had a few years back, where we could barely watch snooker if we wanted to.

You never hear tennis fans complain that there's too much tennis on, do you?

yea if the rain is snake hissing down the wind gets up and your bored in the house lets watch snooker.


i wont have time to watch much of the snooker this week but i can still drift in and out and keep updated on what happens when i have time its all good why complain ffs

however on another matter not having the governing body take much of a notice and cocking up that its not on eurosport this morning making no comment on it is a bucking disgrace and embarrassing

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Wildey

a reality check for Ashley Hugill today as Carrington Trounces him 4-0

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ali Carter‏ @TheCaptain147
Feel really sorry for Liam highfield having to withdraw from events due to Crohn's disease..horrible. Get well soon. Been through it myself!

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

SteveJJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jimmy White up against Jak Jones at 1


I wonder how Jimmy has been playing in practice.


Crashing.