Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship Round 1 !!!!!

Postby sas6789

Andre147 wrote:Peak MJW could only be beaten by a peak Ronnie in my opinion, but yeah Higgin's mental strengh is much better, plus is all round game too.

WTF are you talking about? Peak Williams got outclassed by an already slightly past peak Hendry in the 99 world final.

Postby Cloud Strife

sas6789 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Peak MJW could only be beaten by a peak Ronnie in my opinion, but yeah Higgin's mental strengh is much better, plus is all round game too.

WTF are you talking about? Peak Williams got outclassed by an already slightly past peak Hendry in the 99 world final.

Hendry was nowhere near past his peak in 99. That's just revisionist history to suggest otherwise.

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Blimey! That's staggering - but, that is the evidence, if any more was needed, that the UK Championships has lost its once illustrious status.
The players ranked 1 and 2 in the World plus a recent former World Champion, are electing to 'skip' the competition.
Sadly, it IS just 'another' ranking event these days, and players will pick-and-choose which tournaments they enter.

It's NI Open, not the UK. They are all in the UK.

Thanks for clearing-up my confusion.
No wonder I was so 'staggered' by that news. I'd almost literally lost my faith in the UK there!
Cheers, Dan-Cat. :-)

Postby sas6789

Cloud Strife wrote:
sas6789 wrote:

Hendry was nowhere near past his peak in 99. That's just revisionist history to suggest otherwise.

Yes he was, his peak was 1990-1997. in 98 Hendry lost 3 times to Tony Drago who he had NEVER lost to before in 12 previous matches and he also lost to Jimmy White 4 straight times from 98-99 who he had not lost to for SIX years prior to that. Does that sound like Hendry was at his best form then? But as you hate Hendry I guess you'd never admit it.
Last edited by sas6789 on 02 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:It's NI Open, not the UK. They are all in the UK.

Thanks for clearing-up my confusion.
No wonder I was so 'staggered' by that news. I'd almost literally lost my faith in the UK there!
Cheers, Dan-Cat. :-)

You had me concerned for a minute, I had to double-check! :)

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Another painful loss for MJW. He had so many of them the last years.

Wouldnt call this one painful. Most of them were only here because of the huge prize money involved, not much pressure here.

Higgins though handed him one of his most painful losses of career, that 2010 UK Final..

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Robbie slowwwwwwwwwwwing it downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Robbo's trademark when not playing well to bog down his opponent to his level :td: pmsl

And he even said recently he was gonna speed his game up... yeah right rofl