Post a reply

Re: 6 Red World Championship

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:ace write ups Poolboy thanks!

What's that about a bonus for the 79? They actually have a bonus for a free-ball + maxi break?

It was 'mentioned' on Snooker.org, but the reference to a £50,000 reward has since been retracted. So, not sure!
This website still considers it to have been for £50k!
https://www.the-newshub.com/other-sport ... s-thai-50k

Aside from that, the prize money on offer at this event is very decent! Although it doesn't count towards their ranking money, the winner still gets £45,000. Contrast that with Mark Selby's ranking event win in the Paul Hunter Classic - where he lifted a cheque for 'just' £18,500.

Postby PoolBoy

Ding Junhui 7-2 Liang Wenbo
Pankaj Advani w/o Michael Holt
Stuart Bingham 7-4 Akani Songsermsawad
Stephen Maguire 7-6 Luca Brecel

It'll be a UK v Asia Final...
Semis:

Ding Junhui v Pankaj Advani
Stuart Bingham v Stephen Maguire

Postby PoolBoy

Stuart Bingham 7-1 Stephen Maguire

Bingham destroys Maguire!
Bingo will be hoping to go one better than the last time he reached the Six-red Final - he was easily beaten in 2008 by Ricky Walden (8-3).

Postby PoolBoy

OoNebsoO wrote:I thought both semi finals start at 12:30. :/

So did I! I went to see if the games had started in the live scores on Snooker.org and there was the Bingham 7-1 result!

Postby PoolBoy

Ding Junhui 7-4 Pankaj Advani

Although this is a 'variant event', becoming world champion at this format would be a huge confidence boost to Ding!

Final:
(best of 15 frames)

Stuart Bingham v Ding Junhui

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:Ding Junhui 6-3 Ryan Day
Ding playing himself into form at just the right time?

Pankaj Advani 6-4 Yuan Sijun
It's a snooker 'crime' that Advani isn't on the Tour - but it's by choice, rather than any lack of ability.

Michael White 1-6 Michael Holt
Holt is perhaps going under-the-radar here, but he's done well at this event in the past.

Stuart Bingham 6-1 Dominic Dale
Bingham has been in two semis and the final of this before...so, no surprise to see him progressing.

Akani Songsermsawad 6-1 Joe Perry
Impressive demolition - beating 'The Gentleman' 6-1 demands respect!

Stephen Maguire 6-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Maguire comprehensively de-thrones the champion!

Ricky Walden 5-6 Luca Brecel
Brilliant win for Brecel - Walden is a proven beast at this format...

Noppon Saengkham 5-6 Liang Wenbo
The main talking-point here was Noppon Saengkham's missed black for a rare (unprecedented?) break of 79!
A break in excess of the 'maximum' has only been accomplished once in (standard) professional snooker - this would have been the 6-red equivalent! Gutting!
If Noppon had potted it, he would have been rewarded with a cash sum more than 3 times what Mark Selby pocketed for winning the most recent ranking event!
Those Thai players and their missed final blacks! <laugh>

I fully admit,i did,nt watch any of this tourney at all,but i did check the scores.

What a buckin final black Saengkham missed which would have made him the first pro to ever make more than the standard 6 reds max of 75 and if it,s true that he would o pocketed £50,000 for doing it,talk about feeling gutted.

Are you sure that 50 grand was,nt meant for someone knockin in a SUPER MAXIMUM,an (83)?

As you wrote,"Those Thai players and their missed final blacks!". <laugh> :-D

At least Un-Nooh ended up making one though,a proper max,(*147*),in fact he made 2 since July this year,although the first one he made isn,t on the OFFICIAL list.

Here,s the vid of the NON-OFFICIAL one he made on the 19-7-2016.

Thanks to OoNebsoO for that,he,s the one who mentioned it in the Paul Hunter Classic thread. <ok>

https://youtu.be/d7h7UsT92lA

And for those of you who did,nt see/has,nt seen Noppons attempt at makein more than a maximum,a (75) and have,nt seen the disasterous,shocking eeeaaaaasy peeeeaaaaasy missed final black he ballsed up,then check it out here,.....

Watch from 0.50-8.00.

It would,nt have been a SUPER MAX of 83 though,as the break was,nt full of blacks anyway,all the same,it would still of been a great feat,as no pro has ever made more than the standard maximum of 75 in 6 reds.

He potted 6 reds,took the brown as a free ball,potted the black 4 times,the pink twice,the blue once and then he potted all the colours,bar that shocking miss on the final black which would have put him on 79,the break ended up <only> being 72.

Jeez!,it,s took me buckin ages to get that right,i,m rubbish at arithmetic. <laugh>

The MAGICAL 6 REDS SUPER MAXIMUM,(83) has actually been achieved before,but so far,has never been achieved on the PRO circuit,check this out,....

http://www.ibsf.info/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=186

Postby Andre147

Didn't watch any of this tournament, but congrats Ding on another professional title. :hatoff:

It's funny how even a tournament not as important as this can kick start your season and boost a player's confidence massively. This is maybe what Ding needs to get his full game back together. The World Final obviously must have helped, but a title is always a title.

Hopefully this will inspire Ding again for greater things.

Postby eraserhead

The final was finally put on youtube, good match and Ding made a great clearance in the decider to win on the black.

:D :happy: DING :happy: :D

:win: :win: :win:

Postby Dan-cat

thecueview wrote:Hi guys. Sorry for only just posting this, have been in deepest, darkest Cornwall!

A dramatic finish if you get to see it on YouTube.

Here's my review of the event...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-sangsom- ... ding-.html

Awesome write up as always, and the extra narrative of the CoC entry a lovely bit of content. Thank you Mr Day! :)

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="eraserhead"]The final was finally put on youtube, good match and Ding made a great clearance in the decider to win on the black.

I,m not a fan of this 6 reds snooker tbh,so I did,nt even see 1 second of this tourney,bar the frame where i watched on YouTube where Noppon Saengkham missed the easy peasy black which would of given him a 79 break.

Now that the finals also now on YouTube,i might watch the final frame.

Ah well,if Ding never manages to win the proper snooker world championship,at least he can say that he won the 6 reds world championship. :roll: :-D

:win: DING :clap:

Postby thecueview

Dan-cat wrote:
thecueview wrote:Hi guys. Sorry for only just posting this, have been in deepest, darkest Cornwall!

A dramatic finish if you get to see it on YouTube.

Here's my review of the event...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-sangsom- ... ding-.html

Awesome write up as always, and the extra narrative of the CoC entry a lovely bit of content. Thank you Mr Day! :)

Cheers mate. Really appreciate the positive feedback!