Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final:Mark Selby v John Higgi

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Selby is becoming a real pr*ck now, what's all this looking up to the box every shot. I think he comes across as really false as well just my opinion but I hope higgins beats him.

I agree, he seems to look up to the box and to his friends far too much. It shows a lack of class.

Are you lot serious

Just because hes looking up to the box at his friends rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

get a life springs to mind

Postby Wildey

The problem here is you got 2 players that could do something nobody really expected

prior to 2014 people on here said Selby would never win the WC because hes too intense and the WC will drain him by the final and now he could win it 3 times in 4 years.

Ronnie OSullivan took 8 years to win it 3 times and John Higgins took 11 years

and then you got John Higgins possibly equaling Ronnie O'Sullivan haul of titles hes already reached the final the same amount of times as Ronnie..

yea people have their favorites and that's fine but lets not talk bullocks and look for stupid reasons not to like them so what he banged the table 50 times i can guarantee you i would and i bet you lot would too in a highly emotional state of mind.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:The problem here is you got 2 players that could do something nobody really expected

prior to 2014 people on here said Selby would never win the WC because hes too intense and the WC will drain him by the final and now he could win it 3 times in 4 years.

Ronnie OSullivan took 8 years to win it 3 times and John Higgins took 11 years

and then you got John Higgins possibly equaling Ronnie O'Sullivan haul of titles hes already reached the final the same amount of times as Ronnie..

yea people have their favorites and that's fine but lets not talk bullocks and look for stupid reasons not to like them so what he banged the table 50 times i can guarantee you i would and i bet you lot would too in a highly emotional state of mind.

Plenty players, plenty great players, have won matches in the way Selby did and didn't react like that. I don't think it's bullocks, I genuinely did not like his celebration. I'm not going to turn against him for it, but if I didn't like it I didn't like it and I won't change my opinion to suit other people.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Midnight Express wrote:Selby is the worst player possible to be crowned world snooker champion. We can't have a boring, slow, negative, miserable, uncharismatic man become the world champion. It's not good for the sports image.

Snooker gods if you are listening,
Please let John Higgins become world champion! Please~~~~
Go on Higgins! You can do it.

Obviously Higgins winning will do wonders for the image of the game.

Postby mick745

I would like Selby to win. He deserves to be World number 1 as he is so hard to beat. Class player, often under the radar and ignored by snooker media. Three times in four years would be a phenomenal achievement. Nobody can fluke the world title once, let alone three times. Beaten virtually all the top players now at the Crucible, has proved himself time after time.

Two great match players slugging it out in the final. What's not to like?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The participants in the final have certainly polarised opinion, but I think it could be a very memorable event. I am amazed at the negative reaction Selby inspires (aside from the celebrations yesterday) as he does not seem that controversial. Maybe that is the point - i.e. people perceive him as boring? Here's to a classic finale of a brilliant edition of the WC.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Selby is becoming a real pr*ck now, what's all this looking up to the box every shot. I think he comes across as really false as well just my opinion but I hope higgins beats him.

I agree, he seems to look up to the box and to his friends far too much. It shows a lack of class.

Are you lot serious

Just because hes looking up to the box at his friends rofl rofl rofl

get a life springs to mind

<laugh> <laugh>

I also don,t see anything wrong with that whatsoever,of course to each of there own,but looking up to his freinds,especially towards the end aint a BIG deal at all.

It,s the World Championship ffs,how dare Mark show any emotions,how dare he show any feelings,let any pressure out and some complain that too many players are like robots. <doh> <laugh>

Postby TheSaviour

It´s perfectly okay final. But who´s that highly irritating f.. f.... as....... female cun. out there. :no: :no: :no: :no: Leave it to the big boys. Fu....... cun..

Come On John!! Earlier stages I made some bets Mark to win the whole thing. When odds were there. I am not bothered even if John would win. John should had a chessboard-defence here. Even if one thing lets him down, there is the second thing. And if that second thing lets him down, then there´s that third thing. And if that third thing lets him down, then there´s that fourth thing. And one more round even after that. That´s called the chessboard-defence.

Postby hendry_fan

So here we have it,the Final of the World Championship 2017.

I like most,never ever thought that John would get as far as reachin a final again,but here he is.

I don,t think he,ll pull it off and be able to beat Mark though,but if he does,then it,ll be one hell of a bonus and will be an incredible feat.

I wrote earlier,everyone knows that he can suddenly outta nowhere turn it on,but i just canny see it happening this time,surely he can,t pull it off yet again,can he!,there,s never been a player who has proven me wrong as often as good auld John has,so all to play for i guess. <laugh>

If Mark indeed goes on to win it,then yeah,i,ll be disappointed,but only a weeeeeee bit.

:happy: COMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNN JOHN!. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

TheSaviour wrote:It´s perfectly okay final. But who´s that highly irritating f.. f.... as....... female cun. out there. :no: :no: :no: :no: Leave it to the big boys. Fu....... cun..

Come On John!! Earlier stages I made some bets Mark to win the whole thing. When odds were there. I am not bothered even if John would win. John should had a chessboard-defence here. Even if one thing lets him down, there is the second thing. And if that second thing lets him down, then there´s that third thing. And if that third thing lets him down, then there´s that fourth thing. And one more round even after that. That´s called the chessboard-defence.

Good morning Saviour,

Very intrestin insight from you. :-D

Which female are you on about?,you don,t mean that Seema Jaswal do ya?. :chin: :-)

"The cheeseboard-defence",a new catchphrase from you,sounds intrestin,i have to say. <ok> <laugh>

Nice to see your happy with the final and that you,re rootin for John. :D

Postby mantorok

Just seen the reaction from Selby after winning, what's the problem? It's not like he did an Ebdon and did laps around the table shouting "COME ON". Ding's handshake was lame though, he showed less class IMO. It was an extremely intense match and you can't blame Mark for showing some relief.

Postby ronniesrun

mantorok wrote:Just seen the reaction from Selby after winning, what's the problem? It's not like he did an Ebdon and did laps around the table shouting "COME ON".

Erm, he did do that though, he did a very Ebdon like "COME ON!!!!". Not sure what you were watching, he even banged the table as well.

Postby pasunegirafe

Yeah, sheesh. Some people here are acting like Selby dropkicked a baby yesterday, when all he did was celebrate a very tough win.

Let's be real, most people that don't like what he did, didn't like him in the first place; he can do more wrong than right in their eyes. That's pretty clear when something as small as him looking at his friends and family annoys them.
People, here's some advice: if these little things bother you, don't watch other sports like tennis. It will drive you crazy.
:roll:

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
GJ wrote:Will be interesting to see Wild's angle if Higgins wins because he never turns on Selby , so not sure how he will spin it

What will he spin? Either Selby wins or he does not for a reason. There is nothing to spin. Selby has done exceptionally well compared to last year.

Wilds anti higgins rant is what I'm talking about :gag: :?

what anti higgins ???

what about your anti taylor rant buck me its like a broken record

Higgins is a legend of snooker who you wrote off as a has been who wont win a 5th WSC ;-)

Dennis Taylor is a idiot whos hated by many on here ;-)

<ok>

Postby mantorok

ronniesrun wrote:
mantorok wrote:Just seen the reaction from Selby after winning, what's the problem? It's not like he did an Ebdon and did laps around the table shouting "COME ON".

Erm, he did do that though, he did a very Ebdon like "COME ON!!!!". Not sure what you were watching, he even banged the table as well.

Did you ever seen Ebdons celebration against Lee in 2001? Selby's reaction was about 5% of that.

Postby GJ

pasunegirafe wrote:Yeah, sheesh. Some people here are acting like Selby dropkicked a baby yesterday, when all he did was celebrate a very tough win.

Let's be real, most people that don't like what he did, didn't like him in the first place; he can do more wrong than right in their eyes. That's pretty clear when something as small as him looking at his friends and family annoys them.
People, here's some advice: if these little things bother you, don't watch other sports like tennis. It will drive you crazy.
:roll:

Selby fans stick up for Selby , those who wanted Ding to win slate Selby its very predictable :spot on:

Postby GJ

mantorok wrote:
ronniesrun wrote:

Did you ever seen Ebdons celebration against Lee in 2001? Selby's reaction was about 5% of that.

I think it depends on your supporting in the match :-D

I wanted Ebdon to beat Lee so loved that celebration :D

I wanted Ding to beat Selby so didn't like to see Ding upset with Selbys big celebration :irk:

So its human nature that you will stick up for the player you want to win.

Postby Scooper

It's ironic that Selby-bashers always accuse him of being dull and personality-less, but when he gets interesting everyone goes nuts.. "No that's too much! Bring back the dull Selby!"

I was supporting Ding yesterday, but seriously, Selby's 'celebrations' were nothing to get worked up about. And too much looking at the box?! It's just looking for things to criticise him for.