Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final:Mark Selby v John Higgi

Postby Wildey

Gridlock wrote:Selby's antics were embarrassing.

I know Higgins transgressions are less than savory, but somehow less douchey. Let's have one for Scotland!

Why?

i love to see players want something so bad that it boils over its called passion.

unfortunately its not the British way and its why on the world stage in most sports Brits will not succeed they contain emotion with a stiff upper lip that it stifles their desire to win.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

I know Higgins transgressions are less than savory, but somehow less douchey. Let's have one for Scotland!

Why?

i love to see players want something so bad that it boils over its called passion.

unfortunately its not the British way and its why on the world stage in most sports Brits will not succeed they contain emotion with a stiff upper lip that it stifles their desire to win.

bullocks.

Don't give me your cod psychology nonsense. You have no idea so stop pontificating.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

Why?

Emotion is fine. A celebration is fine. Three fist pumps -- including a bang on the table, and a scream for good measure -- in succession is totally over the top for a gentlemanly game like snooker.

If someone did that to me after a three-day match I'd drive a car over their head repeatedly.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Why?

bullocks.

Don't give me your cod psychology nonsense. You have no idea so stop pontificating.

what the buck is bullocks about that. you know buck all about anything to do with snooker so just stop posting about it.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:How O'Sullivan and Trump fans feel about this final...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C40pTdtQ8GI

The bird at the beginning of that reminds me of someone whose been on a vegan diet for too long.

Apparently it was the 'Oysters' with this gal....

The only thing that has ever affected me like this is a Jane Asher Vegan Christmas pudding!

Postby Wildey

well I love to see it and want more of it from players.

what snake hissed me off was

when I saw Hawkins walk in tonight smiling I wanted to ram my fist right down his bucking gob.

I hate to see that bullocks

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Why?

bullocks.

what the buck is bullocks about that. you know buck all about anything to do with snooker so just stop posting about it.

An eloquent counter-argument.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:well I love to see it and want more of it from players.

what snake hissed me off was

when I saw Hawkins walk in tonight smiling I wanted to ram my fist right down his bucking gob.

I hate to see that bullocks

Never said I liked that, nor did I say celebration was wrong full stop. But where do you draw the line? There's celebrating, and there's being a sausage, and I 100% think Selby was a sausage. Players I don't like -- Robertson, Wenbo -- have snake hissed me off with celebrations in the past, but so too have Ebdon and Dott, players I like. Selby joined that list today.

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:Selby is becoming a real pr*ck now, what's all this looking up to the box every shot. I think he comes across as really false as well just my opinion but I hope higgins beats him.

I agree, he seems to look up to the box and to his friends far too much. It shows a lack of class.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:Higgins would be the second oldest winner at the Crucible aged 41 which is amazing when you think about it. Only 3 other players have played in Crucible World finals in their 40's who can name them ?. No Google now please

Spencer, Reardon and Griffiths would be my guess.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Selby is becoming a real pr*ck now, what's all this looking up to the box every shot. I think he comes across as really false as well just my opinion but I hope higgins beats him.

I agree, he seems to look up to the box and to his friends far too much. It shows a lack of class.

That Chinese mate of his is a right gimp he said on the beeb today. I have played in the Asian Games I'm here to give Mark advice. On what you fu*cking tw*t. That Selby just seems a di*k and not as nice as he seems imo

Postby Ronnie79

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Higgins would be the second oldest winner at the Crucible aged 41 which is amazing when you think about it. Only 3 other players have played in Crucible World finals in their 40's who can name them ?. No Google now please

Google is great

Postby Cloud Strife

I'm starting to lean towards Haggis for this final, tbh. I'm not a fan of a lot of the things Higgins does and has done, but i just can't be doing with Selby and his antics under any circumstances.

At least Higgins won't rubbish the bed against Selby, and hopefully he will give him a good beating.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Google is great

Honestly, I didn't use google, but those answers are pretty obvious if you think about it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

That Chinese mate of his is a right gimp he said on the beeb today. I have played in the Asian Games I'm here to give Mark advice. On what you fu*cking tw*t. That Selby just seems a di*k and not as nice as he seems imo

That Asian guy is Selby's manager and he cracked me up with his feature on the BBC. He came across as a right pompous idiot. As if competing at the Mickey Mouse Asian games suddenly makes you some sort of authority on the game at the top level. <doh>

Postby Ronnie79

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Google is great

Honestly, I didn't use google, but those answers are pretty obvious if you think about it.

You could have said Mountjoy, Mans Thorburn

Postby Ronnie79

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

That Asian guy is Selby's manager and he cracked me up with his feature on the BBC. He came across as a right pompous idiot. As if competing at the Mickey Mouse Asian games suddenly makes you some sort of authority on the game at the top level. <doh>

That's what I meant he goes our wives don't mind us sharing a room together. I reckon Selby is pumping him no wonder HD keeps looking up at him

Postby Midnight Express

Selby is the worst player possible to be crowned world snooker champion. We can't have a boring, slow, negative, miserable, uncharismatic man become the world champion. It's not good for the sports image.

Snooker gods if you are listening,
Please let John Higgins become world champion! Please~~~~
Go on Higgins! You can do it.