Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final:Mark Selby v John Higgi

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:good luck john Higgins <cool> <ok>

Wildey wrote:John Higgins is a 41 year old HAS BEEN and he will never win another WSC FACT

:win:

if he had played at even 50% the player that won in 2011 id have held my hands up but he hasent so i am right its a shame players has not stepped it up.

Selby will tomorrow

Mark Allen says hello :wave:

Postby LowKey

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:good luck john Higgins <cool> <ok>

Wildey wrote:John Higgins is a 41 year old HAS BEEN and he will never win another WSC FACT

:win:

if he had played at even 50% the player that won in 2011 id have held my hands up but he hasent so i am right its a shame players has not stepped it up.

Selby will tomorrow

You ought to man up and admit you were wrong. Higgins is in the WSC final. He isn't a has been.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Andre

I think its a coin flip no matter what the bookies say

Higgins loves the Selby match up and I think that will be a big factor.

I'm expecting a high quality affair with Higgins shading it

If Higgins does win, I'll be one of the first here to congratulate him on this fine achievement, more so because of his age.

But Ronnie will still remain ahead of him. Sory but 29 rankers are no better than the amount of TC Titles Ronnie has, and he has 2 more UKs than Higgins has, and 5 more Masters! This does make a huge diference.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Higgins is one of the few players out there who won't be phased Selby's stalling tactics. Also I doubt Selby can bully Higgins tactically either.

Higgins safety isnt a problem he can definitly compete with selby although having said that his safety and tactics in the semi was rubbish. But his missing pressure potts and missing sitters will be there for all to see

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:

If Higgins does win, I'll be one of the first here to congratulate him on this fine achievement, more so because of his age.

But Ronnie will still remain ahead of him. Sory but 29 rankers are no better than the amount of TC Titles Ronnie has, and he has 2 more UKs than Higgins has, and 5 more Masters! This does make a huge diference.

I agree Ronnie has won a good bit more

Was being tongue in cheek the other night <laugh>

Postby onlyevertonjon

Andre147 wrote:

That's being said as a wind up I think.

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

as admitted above <ok>
Last edited by GJ on 29 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Will be interesting to see Wild's angle if Higgins wins because he never turns on Selby , so not sure how he will spin it

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJ wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

as admitted above <ok>

I noticed you admitted it the other night. It did make me laugh.

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

as admitted above <ok>

I noticed you admitted it the other night. It did make me laugh.

Good to have you posting again

:hatoff:

Postby Jester82

GJ wrote:Will be interesting to see Wild's angle if Higgins wins because he never turns on Selby , so not sure how he will spin it

What will he spin? Either Selby wins or he does not for a reason. There is nothing to spin. Selby has done exceptionally well compared to last year.

Postby GJ

Jester82 wrote:
GJ wrote:Will be interesting to see Wild's angle if Higgins wins because he never turns on Selby , so not sure how he will spin it

What will he spin? Either Selby wins or he does not for a reason. There is nothing to spin. Selby has done exceptionally well compared to last year.

Wilds anti higgins rant is what I'm talking about :gag: :?

Postby Andre147

For me this is the best Mark Selby I've seen to reach the Final. He didnt play better than he has in this edition in 2007, nor 2014 nor 2016.

But it may not mean much the next 2 days. I hope it does mean he'll win.

Postby Skullman

Looking at the rankings, the money from the final is enough put Higgins as WN2 when the tournament's over. No chance of Selby being overtaken as WN1 for a while though, he's now over £500,000 ahead and even further ahead if he won the title.

Also, this is the first final between multiple WCs since 1966, back when it was challenge matches between John Pulman and whoever he felt like playing.

Postby vodkadiet

I prefer Higgins to Selby, not by much. I like both players. They are about the only 2 players who haven't rolled over to O'Sullivan's hype over the years.

Selby will get more chances to win this great event for at least another 7 or 8 years(unless another Hendry comes along), but Higgins won't. He won't have another chance to win this. I believe Higgins will perform better that most think he will, and Selby may be in for a far tougher match than he expects. Of course, the run of the ball will play a big part. Snooker is a game that has more luck involved than any other sport/game. Higgins may need to have the majority of the luck. But then again he is the 'Zen Master'....

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:I prefer Higgins to Selby, not by much. I like both players. They are about the only 2 players who haven't rolled over to O'Sullivan's hype over the years.

Selby will get more chances to win this great event for at least another 7 or 8 years(unless another Hendry comes along), but Higgins won't. He won't have another chance to win this. I believe Higgins will perform better that most think he will, and Selby may be in for a far tougher match than he expects. Of course, the run of the ball will play a big part. Snooker is a game that has more luck involved than any other sport/game. Higgins may need to have the majority of the luck. But then again he is the 'Zen Master'....

Zen Master...what utter nonsense!

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I prefer Higgins to Selby, not by much. I like both players. They are about the only 2 players who haven't rolled over to O'Sullivan's hype over the years.

Zen Master...what utter nonsense!

'Snooker' and 'Zen' are like Siamese twins.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

Wilds anti higgins rant is what I'm talking about :gag: :?

what anti higgins ???

what about your anti taylor rant buck me its like a broken record

Postby Big-butt

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan complained about Selby's celebration after beating Junhui, but what about his celebration after beating that taxi driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Var2ZFFTk

Ding can f cough, he was beaten fair and square.

O'Dongivan can also f cough, generally. He has become very irritating this season.

Good luck Mark, not that you'll need it tomorrow.

Postby vodkadiet

Big-butt wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan complained about Selby's celebration after beating Junhui, but what about his celebration after beating that taxi driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Var2ZFFTk

Ding can f cough, he was beaten fair and square.

O'Dongivan can also f cough, generally. He has become very irritating this season.

Good luck Mark, not that you'll need it tomorrow.

<ok> <ok> <ok>