Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final:Mark Selby v John Higgi

Postby Andre147

Higgins has won most of the tactical frames in this Final so far, which tells me he's probably the only player atm who can do that against Selby, and of course not get frustrated by it.

hose last 3 frames of the 2nd session Selby won were more fluent, not too quick but more fluent nevertheless. Selby will badly need his scoring boots and his great potting working for him today to stand a decent chance of mounting another great comeback in a Crucible Final.

Higgins is no Ronnie, and is less likely to show moments of frustration and not be able to cope with Selby's tactics, but that last frame of the 2nd session, with that silly attempted double tells us otherwise... if that session had 1 or 2 frames more, Higgins would have lost them I think.

We'll see if Selby can repeat the feat he did in 2014... I definately think he can, but, very much like 2014, needs a good start in the 3rd session. Otherwise, Higgins will find a way to win I'm sure.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:You guys see the tweet Marco Fu put up and then deleted today?. He said " how unpopular can a player be even the people who have backed him want him to lose" sent at 4.48pm Higgins was winning then so he must be talking about Selby right ?,

Saw it. No idea who he means.

Postby Cloud Strife

OoNebsoO wrote:You guys noticed how absolutely useless TV directors are in this match? In one period we couldn't see where the balls ended up for some 40-50 seconds after a miss, because he was too busy with the various close-ups on faces...

Morons.

Yeah, that's annoying. ITV have been absolutely terrible at this, and the BBC are becoming just as bad.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Just something that Wild said. That Roland was thinking about closing it. Not confirmed.

Would be a shame