Session 3 Friday 28th of April @ 7pm
Session 4 Saturday 29th of April @ 2.30pm

Mark Selby v Ding Junhui

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Selby Leads 13-11
Main Tournaments Selby leads 9-6
World Championship Tied at 1-1
Multi Session Matches Ding Junhui leads 3-2

The last 3 matches between Mark Selby and Ding Junhui have been finals last time Selby won 10-1 to win the International Championship in October 2016.

But on the back of beating Ronnie O'Sullivan can Ding Junhui reach the final for the second time and get revenge over the current Champion Mark Selby.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Mark Selby v Ding Junhui

Postby Andre147

Souvent wrote:I'll be bold and predict a relatively comfortable win for Selby.
We will then see a few Ronnie fans (myself not included) cursing Ding for his display against Selby (as if Ronnie would've had a chance).

I wont be cursing Ding if he gets humiliated.

But thing is, we'll just never know will he.... Ronnie had less chances of beating Selby if they met here, but we'll just never know if he could or could not manage to beat him. Most here seem to think he couldn't, but we can't be 100% sure because it wont happen.

Postby gallantrabbit

Selby would have preferred Ronnie. Has his number IMO. If Ding gets into the groove early it could go really close. Just have the feeling that Selby is in the form of his life and might run away...if he's really on song nobody can live with him right now. BUT would be spectacular for the game of snooker if Ding won the title especially with Hearn's new China tv deal signed. On the fence a little wish wise, but I think the winner will come from this game.

Postby TheRocket

Unfortunately Selby is no Stevens who peaks in quarters and bottles it in semis or finals. So I don't think Selby will drop his level too much after the Fu match. Ding really needs to play very well to win this match.

He played well today but I think Ronnie gifted him too many easy chances. In fact Ding didnt even have to play many splits. the reds were spread all the time.

Under normal circumstances that wont be the case with Selby.
Last edited by TheRocket on 27 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ronnie79

gallantrabbit wrote:Selby would have preferred Ronnie. Has his number IMO. If Ding gets into the groove early it could go really close. Just have the feeling that Selby is in the form of his life and might run away...if he's really on song nobody can live with him right now. BUT would be spectacular for the game of snooker if Ding won the title especially with Hearn's new China tv deal signed. On the fence a little wish wise, but I think the winner will come from this game.

How does Selby have Ronnie's number he has a losing head to head record against him they have both beaten each other in majors and finals

Postby Holden Chinaski

Selby's had an easy route to the semi's... Ding had to fight hard... Hope that doesn't make the difference.

If Ding still has the energy he can definitely beat Selby. Selby's tough as nails, but Ding's A game is better than Selby's.