Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 26th) Q Final !!

Postby Alex0paul

Big-butt wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby should get an artist to get the balls out for him when he is practising.

Who is the asian guy that's always at the practise table with Selby?

His Vietnamese rent boy

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:I want Ding to lift the trophy so bad...

Me too. Him or Hawkins. Though to be honest I don't mind that much now who wins.

As a Ronnie fan it would be a little galling if John matches his WCs, but it's always been nearly impossible to separate them throughout their careers and Higgins is definitely good enough to "deserve" 5 WCs.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The two quarter final threads generated more posts than the entire Masters event. Amazing considering the matches have been quite one sided today and Ronnie having won the Masters.

I think the World Championship generates more activity on the forum than the rest of the season puts together.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:The two quarter final threads generated more posts than the entire Masters event. Amazing considering the matches have been quite one sided today and Ronnie having won the Masters.

I think the World Championship generates more activity on the forum than the rest of the season puts together.

I haven't been on here for past World Championships but this one does seem to have been outstanding so far. Very few matches have been unnoteworthy

Postby Bairnshelob

Very proud of Ronnie, he fought well and showed a lot of class at the end; perhaps age and wisdom have reached him. Galant looser; brilliant gent. Many criticise him and call him chav; but they will never have that much class as sportsmen. Far too early for these two to have played each other; this match will be better than the final. A QF involving the two finest snooker players ever; doesn't seem fair somehow.

Postby Andre147

Tremendous day of SNooker this was.

Firstly, we had Higgins winning with no fuss, Kyren was horrible in that 3rd session, even though the damage was more than done of course. Higgins playing well and confidentely.

Then we had Selby, kaming 3 total clearances, including that marvelous 143 break, which I agree with Hendry, that given where the balls were and some of the amazing shots he managed to pull off, it's one of the best centuries I've seen at The Crucible.

Then of course we had Ronnie v Ding... I think I said about all there is to it here.

And of course Barry going through.... those massive flukes he had made the diference, but Mags still should have won frames hadn't he made some costly mistakes.

2 of the Quarter-Finals one sided, but a good day of Snooker nonetheless.

Postby Ronnie79

Sickpotter wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm a huge Hendry fan, the man was amazing. But I doubt he would have won seven world titles if he had turned pro in the same year as a Ronnie O'Sullivan or John Higgins.

Ronnie and Higgins had to compete with eachother from day one. It's amazing Ronnie won five world itles in his era. Ronnie had to compete with Hendry, Higgins, Mark Williams, Selby... No disrespect to Hendry but I think Ronnie had more competition.

Ronnie and Higgins turned pro in 92, only a couple of years after Hendry won his first world title so really Hendry had to contend with the same competition.

Would he have one 7 world titles had they all turned pro at the same time? I don't see any real reason why he wouldn't have. Hendry always had a strong desire to win which coupled with his talent led to 7 titles. His desire to win wouldn't have been any different had he turned pro in 92....

Hendry won two world titles before they turned professional. So in effect he only won 5 after and never won the world title after age 30.

Postby GJ

Ronnie79 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm a huge Hendry fan, the man was amazing. But I doubt he would have won seven world titles if he had turned pro in the same year as a Ronnie O'Sullivan or John Higgins.

Ronnie and Higgins had to compete with eachother from day one. It's amazing Ronnie won five world itles in his era. Ronnie had to compete with Hendry, Higgins, Mark Williams, Selby... No disrespect to Hendry but I think Ronnie had more competition.

Ronnie and Higgins turned pro in 92, only a couple of years after Hendry won his first world title so really Hendry had to contend with the same competition.

Would he have one 7 world titles had they all turned pro at the same time? I don't see any real reason why he wouldn't have. Hendry always had a strong desire to win which coupled with his talent led to 7 titles. His desire to win wouldn't have been any different had he turned pro in 92....

Hendry won two world titles before they turned professional. So in effect he only won 5 after and never won the world title after age 30.

The reason he never won after 30 is because he freely admits he had no safety game so once his long potting declined he was a spent force

<ok>

Postby Scooper

Bairnshelob wrote:Very proud of Ronnie, he fought well and showed a lot of class at the end; perhaps age and wisdom have reached him. Galant looser; brilliant gent. Many criticise him and call him chav; but they will never have that much class as sportsmen. Far too early for these two to have played each other; this match will be better than the final. A QF involving the two finest snooker players ever; doesn't seem fair somehow.

Trudat.. he's usually very nice about his opponents, whether he wins or loses. Quite moving actually.

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

The reason he never won after 30 is because he freely admits he had no safety game so once his long potting declined he was a spent force

<ok>

Wild always said Hendry had a great safety game, it's just that he chose not to use it. rofl
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 26 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

<ok>

Wild always said Hendry had a great safety game, it's just that he chose not use it. rofl

Pure bullocks from wild <doh>

If he had it surely once his long potting declined that was the time to bring out the excellent safety play ;-)

Postby Ronnie79

GJ wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

<ok>

His long potting didn't decline at 30 he had a tougher era and not just Jimmy to gimp every year