Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 26th) Q Final !!

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I want Ding to win it from here. A Hawkins or Maguire win would be nice and Higgins deserves a 5th WC so i wouldn't begrudge any of those either.

Why does Higgins deserve a 5th WC?

Because neutrals who don't support Ronnie realise their both equal and so a 5th would confirm that :spot on:

Postby Ronnie79

GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I want Ding to win it from here. A Hawkins or Maguire win would be nice and Higgins deserves a 5th WC so i wouldn't begrudge any of those either.

Because neutrals who don't support Ronnie realise their both equal and so a 5th would confirm that :spot on:

How are they equal Ronnie has 5 world's to Higgins 4, 5 uks to higgy 3 and 7 Masters to higgy 2, that is 17 majors to 9 far from equals on any scale

Postby GJ

one of the biggest Ronnie fan boys John Virgo says its impossible to separate ronnie and Higgins

So yes John deserves number 5

Postby Alex0paul

I think a 5th WC for Higgins would put him 2nd behind Hendry on the GOAT list, no question.

19 years between 1st and 5th WC
29 Ranking event wins, 2nd behind the greatest
WC at almost 42

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I used to be the world's biggest Higgins fan and I never thought he was as good as Sullivan. Outstanding, but not as good as O'Sullivan. Nowadays I think O'Sullivan is better than Hendry even.

Postby GJ

Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

How are they equal Ronnie has 5 world's to Higgins 4, 5 uks to higgy 3 and 7 Masters to higgy 2, that is 17 majors to 9 far from equals on any scale

Aye but according to many the other majors are not a patch on WSC so if Higgins does win this one hes equal to Ronnie

As Ebdon says WSC is worth more than all other events combined

:hatoff: <cool>

Postby Alex0paul

Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Higgins doesn't get to play a major in his home city every year does he? Massive advantage there. Also Higgins has won 2 major titles that O'Sullivan hasn't, the China Championship and International Championship

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Aye but according to many the other majors are not a patch on WSC so if Higgins does win this one hes equal to Ronnie

As Ebdon says WSC is worth more than all other events combined

:hatoff: <cool>

Didn't Hendry once come out with that BS about the WC being bigger than all other events combined? rofl <doh>

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Higgins doesn't get to play a major in his home city every year does he? Massive advantage there. Also Higgins has won 2 major titles that O'Sullivan hasn't, the China Championship and International Championship

You despise O'Sullivan though.

Postby Ronnie79

That reminds me I put a post up before the championship saying Ding would win the title this year after the death of his mother. I made the point Taylor won in 85 after his mother died a few months earlier and Higgins won in 2011 after his father died. Sometimes the stars align and fate plays a hand. People laughed at me

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Maybe if O'Sullivan didn't skip those tournaments so often he'd have won them too.

Postby Pink Ball

The snooker hipsters showing their vindictive colours once more. When O'Sullivan's flying, they ain't around. When O'Sullivan's down, they all come out for a kick. Loud as a London rave in 2011, quiet as mouses since... until tonight.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 25 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

Ronnie79 wrote:That reminds me I put a post up before the championship saying Ding would win the title this year after the death of his mother. I made the point Taylor won in 85 after his mother died a few months earlier and Higgins won in 2011 after his father died. Sometimes the stars align and fate plays a hand. People laughed at me

I didn't laugh, I believed.

Postby Ronnie79

Alex0paul wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Wtf you talking about we are talking about triple crown events the China Championship has been staged once. Will you cop on ffs, so Ronnie has only won 7 Masters because it's played in London have a day off

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:Why is Higgins playing in the morning? Seems abit strange as he's played this evening too.

Every year 1 quarter finishes morning session

Postby Ronnie79

Pink Ball wrote:The snooker hipsters showing their vindictive colours once more. When O'Sullivan's flying, they ain't around. When O'Sullivan's down, they all come out for a kick. Loud as a London rave in 2011, quiet as mouses since... until tonight.

Who are the hipsters

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:Why is Higgins playing in the morning? Seems abit strange as he's played this evening too.

There are always back to back sessions at this stage. Hawkins and Mags are playing afternoon and evening tomorrow, so they have an even shorter gap.

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:

Okay. :hatoff:

I thought they were going to do away with back to back sessions.

Postby Ronnie79

Alex0paul wrote:I think a 5th WC for Higgins would put him 2nd behind Hendry on the GOAT list, no question.

19 years between 1st and 5th WC
29 Ranking event wins, 2nd behind the greatest
WC at almost 42

Are you drinking or taking tablets you are talking utter sh*te

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:

Okay. :hatoff:

I thought they were going to do away with back to back sessions.

They used to have years ago 1 round 2 match

sun 2pm

mon 230pm

mon 7pm

that was awful as well