Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 26th) Q Final !!

Postby Ronnie79

GJ wrote:I just wonder as Ronnie is friends with ding is he as up for this as he would be for Selby or Higgins

Just a theory

There is no way he was as up for this match as the Wilson and smurf matches, do you think that match with smurf was his final if you get me he was desperate to beat him

Postby GJ

Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:I just wonder as Ronnie is friends with ding is he as up for this as he would be for Selby or Higgins

Just a theory

There is no way he was as up for this match as the Wilson and smurf matches, do you think that match with smurf was his final if you get me he was desperate to beat him

It happens I recall in 2007 , Ronnie beat the 2young upstarts ding then robbo and then lost next round.

He was so fired up v Murphy maybe that was the one he wanted.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie79 wrote:Wtf did he only produce in the last frame when the game is up

well, thats whats differentiate prime O'Sullivan from the declined version. In 2004 or 2008 he was making breaks like that frame after frame. Even just three or four years ago he was at least still capable of playing two or three proper frames. Consecutively.

Now he makes a century and misses a sitter just the next frame. thats how it is. Imo the decline already started in 2014.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

well, thats whats differentiate prime O'Sullivan from the declined version. In 2004 or 2008 he was making breaks like that frame after frame. Even just three or four years ago he was at least still capable of playing two or three proper frames. Consecutively.

Now he makes a century and misses a sitter just the next frame. thats how it is. Imo the decline already started in 2014.

Nowadays he turns from sublime to crap I agree.

Had to happen someday, sadly.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Do you think he will win another world I don't think he has the game for 17 days now

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:

Just a theory

if thats true then Ronnie is a tin pot pathetic champion to say the least

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Do you think he will win another world I don't think he has the game for 17 days now

Ronnie never had the game for 17 days hes always found it a bore and draining ....

AT 10-6 its not over Ding stil has another 3 frames to win when you havent beaten Ronnie in a meaningfull match in 11 years that will be tough for ding tomorrow

Postby vodkadiet

Tonight was the O'Sullivan of old. He just gave up. Why is he working with that Psychologist? His concession in frame 14 was the sure sign he has no will to win when trailing. It seems that when things start going bad he cannot stem the flow of damage. Selby would have tightened things up if he had been in the same situation. He would have slowed the match down until he frustrated Junhui. And as for O'Sullivan's long game is was non existent. It is like trying play tennis without a serve. It places all the rest of his game under strain.

There is no way he will win another world title, let alone equal Hendry. He lost the opportunity when he threw away a massive lead against Selby in the final.

He has lost a lot of matches at The Crucible he shouldn't have. David Gray was about the worst. And there have been many others.

I admit I usually want O'Sullivan to lose, but it would have been nice to see him play on the one table situation again, particularly as it would have been against Selby. I am not sure he will get back there ever again now.

The other disappointment has been Kyren Wilson, who seems to be overrated. He was found wanting by John tonight. John really exploited all of Wilson's mistakes, and is going to be tough to beat.

Postby vodkadiet

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Last time Ding was 10-6 up in a quarter final was against "selbo" who came back to level at 10-10 but then lost the next three frames.

He was also 10-6 up on 'Burger Boy' in the 2nd round last year and struggled before winning 13-10.

Postby Witz_is_back

Ronnie was abysmal tonight. Didnt care. No fight, no effort, no patience.

Gift after gift for Ding who really hasn't played that great either. He's dished up most times but he's been left in among the reds and black usually with little to do.

And as for Karen Wilson, can't believe so many were hyping her up. A lady is never gonna be world champion

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:Tonight was the O'Sullivan of old. He just gave up. Why is he working with that Psychologist? His concession in frame 14 was the sure sign he has no will to win when trailing. It seems that when things start going bad he cannot stem the flow of damage. Selby would have tightened things up if he had been in the same situation. He would have slowed the match down until he frustrated Junhui. And as for O'Sullivan's long game is was non existent. It is like trying play tennis without a serve. It places all the rest of his game under strain.

There is no way he will win another world title, let alone equal Hendry. He lost the opportunity when he threw away a massive lead against Selby in the final.

He has lost a lot of matches at The Crucible he shouldn't have. David Gray was about the worst. And there have been many others.

I admit I usually want O'Sullivan to lose, but it would have been nice to see him play on the one table situation again, particularly as it would have been against Selby. I am not sure he will get back there ever again now.

The other disappointment has been Kyren Wilson, who seems to be overrated. He was found wanting by John tonight. John really exploited all of Wilson's mistakes, and is going to be tough to beat.

Wilson is not over rated his fu*king tip broke at 3-3 very hard to win after that. He will win a world title before trump

Postby Ronnie79

Witz_is_back wrote:Ronnie was abysmal tonight. Didnt care. No fight, no effort, no patience.

Gift after gift for Ding who really hasn't played that great either. He's dished up most times but he's been left in among the reds and black usually with little to do.

And as for Karen Wilson, can't believe so many were hyping her up. A lady is never gonna be world champion

What's this Karen Wilson about is that supposed to be a joke I'm missing ?.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:Tonight was the O'Sullivan of old. He just gave up. Why is he working with that Psychologist? His concession in frame 14 was the sure sign he has no will to win when trailing. It seems that when things start going bad he cannot stem the flow of damage. Selby would have tightened things up if he had been in the same situation. He would have slowed the match down until he frustrated Junhui. And as for O'Sullivan's long game is was non existent. It is like trying play tennis without a serve. It places all the rest of his game under strain.

Name a player who hasn't lost a lot of matches they shouldn't at the cruci happens to everyone

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:
Witz_is_back wrote:Ronnie was abysmal tonight. Didnt care. No fight, no effort, no patience.

What's this Karen Wilson about is that supposed to be a joke I'm missing ?.

Kyren and Karen are spelled in a similar fashion.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Last time Ding was 10-6 up in a quarter final was against "selbo" who came back to level at 10-10 but then lost the next three frames.

He was also 10-6 up on 'Burger Boy' in the 2nd round last year and struggled before winning 13-10.

And don't forget, Ding let Liang back into it in round 2 this year.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

To Ronnie fans.

Ronnie in the past has been motivated and inspired by some of Higgins successes and won some nice silver. Would you take John as WC this year if it meant you got a fully focused, god mode, 'A' game Ronnie next year?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:To Ronnie fans.

Ronnie in the past has been motivated and inspired by some of Higgins successes and won some nice silver. Would you take John as WC this year if it meant you got a fully focused, god mode, 'A' game Ronnie next year?

Yes.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Sullivan and Higgins are good mates.

There not mates they are rivals Ronnie was asked were they close and he said no on Eurosport

And yet Ronnie mentions and praises Higgins at every opportunity. You could be talking about Ding vs Liang, and Ronnie would find a reason to praise Higgins for it.