Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 26th) Q Final !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm a huge Hendry fan, the man was amazing. But I doubt he would have won seven world titles if he had turned pro in the same year as a Ronnie O'Sullivan or John Higgins.

Ronnie and Higgins had to compete with eachother from day one. It's amazing Ronnie won five world itles in his era. Ronnie had to compete with Hendry, Higgins, Mark Williams, Selby... No disrespect to Hendry but I think Ronnie had more competition.

Ronnie and Higgins turned pro in 92, only a couple of years after Hendry won his first world title so really Hendry had to contend with the same competition.

Would he have one 7 world titles had they all turned pro at the same time? I don't see any real reason why he wouldn't have. Hendry always had a strong desire to win which coupled with his talent led to 7 titles. His desire to win wouldn't have been any different had he turned pro in 92....

Hendry won two world titles before they turned professional. So in effect he only won 5 after and never won the world title after age 30.

The reason he never won after 30 is because he freely admits he had no safety game so once his long potting declined he was a spent force

<ok>

His long potting didn't decline at 30 he had a tougher era and not just Jimmy to gimp every year

Hendry can thank his lucky stars he never came across Jimmy on a practice table. There would only have been one winner.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:Cloud

That famous Jimmy miss on the black

Choke or Kick in your opinion ?

Blatant choke. I've always thought so.

Why is this even a question? Didn't Jimmy himself dispel the kick scenario?

I think he put a quick one in , really thought that was his time once he missed that it was obvious he would never win WSC

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/snooker/market/1.124497792

Higgins looks value

Agreed. As Steve Davis said, he will use his brain if he plays Selby. He won't just give it to him on a plate. Fu is not that intelligent in snooker playing terms.

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:Spot on if Higgins is struggling he can mix it up

what about Dings chances? Imo he's scoring very heavily. and looking as comfortable as I've seen him here. I think people shouldnt undererstimate him. and he's a far better allrounder than fu.

Postby vodkadiet

Selby might have a shock coming. In many ways he has more pressure on him to win. Higgins is not expected to win and he isn't desperate to win. Selby might be thinking he can catch Hendry's 7 titles. Higgins knows he won't and that will make him far more relaxed.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:

what about Dings chances? Imo he's scoring very heavily. and looking as comfortable as I've seen him here. I think people shouldnt undererstimate him. and he's a far better allrounder than fu.

Ding has a chance but beating Selby and then Higgins after beating Ronnie is such a huge task

If he does it then what a run to the title :hatoff:

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:

Selby might have a shock coming. In many ways he has more pressure on him to win. Higgins is not expected to win and he isn't desperate to win. Selby might be thinking he can catch Hendry's 7 titles. Higgins knows he won't and that will make him far more relaxed.

A few pundits have said Higgins never mentions what form hes in but this time pre event he was telling people he was playing really well.

I know hes disliked on here but I think he will do it

<ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/snooker/market/1.124497792

Where is your quote about that 2014 World final ?

I cannot remember! I am very long in the tooth!

Remind me!

Postby Bairnshelob

If Ding can start well, he's in with a shout. I believe he's in better fettle than last year and beating Ronnie should give him confidence. He came back against Slowby after chucking the first session last year. If he can be square after the first session or not too far behind, he's got a chance. Mentally, he's stronger than last year. And he's smiling and enjoying the Crucible more.

Postby Bairnshelob

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

A few pundits have said Higgins never mentions what form hes in but this time pre event he was telling people he was playing really well.

I know hes disliked on here but I think he will do it

<ok>

For him to win it from the original 32; the very worst result. He's a wrong un, a crook, a pimple on the bottom of the game. Anyone but him please. Do we really want Sturgeon and the rest of the Krankies celebrating; I think not!

Postby Ronnie79

TheRocket wrote:that would be quite humiliating for Selby if he lost to the same man twice in a World final. And I don't care if its Higgins. If you want to become an alltime great you cant lose to the same man twice in a World final.

What sort of sh1t talk is that so if Selby lost this year's final to Higgins but ended up winning 5 or 6 World titles he would not be an all time great, ffs

Postby Ronnie79

GJ wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Ding has a chance but beating Selby and then Higgins after beating Ronnie is such a huge task

If he does it then what a run to the title :hatoff:

People said that both Bingham's run in 15 but Ding's would be tougher no doubt