Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Tue April 25th) Q Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 15th of April~Monday 1st of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Its the 1st day of the Quarter Finals and up first will be Ronnie O'Sullivan playing Ding Junhui and Ronnie's arch rival John Higgins playing up and coming player Kyren Wilson in his second Crucible quarter final these two matches will play their second session starting at 7pm

The afternoon sees defending Champion Mark Selby up against Marco Fu a late night conqueror of Neil Robertson on Monday and Qualifier Stephen Maguire playing former runner up Barry Hawkins.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 25th of April

10am

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui O'Sullivan leads 10-3
Kyren Wilson v John Higgins Wilson leads 1-0

2.30pm

Mark Selby v Marco Fu Selby leads 12-5
Barry Hawkins v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 12-11

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui O'Sullivan leads 10-3
Kyren Wilson v John Higgins Wilson leads 1-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue April 25th) Q Final !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Good luck to Ronnie, Wilson and Marco Fu. Not fussed about the other match. If pushed, I'd go for Maguire provided Higgins doesn't win. If Higgins wins his match then I'd want Hawkins to win as I don't think Maguire has it in him to beat Higgins over 4 sessions.

Postby TheRocket

The first four or five frames tomorrow will already show how much belief Ding has and how much of a threat he will be for Ronnie. If he scores like he did against Liang whenever he gets his chances then I'd expect it to be very tight until the very end and Ronnie would be in serious trouble.

If the fear factor of Ronnie however is still there then there'll be only one winner obviously.
Last edited by TheRocket on 24 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LowKey

Chalk McHugh wrote:Ding 13 - 11 Ronnie
Wilson 13 - Higgins 10
Selby 13 - 11 Fu
Maguire 13 - 10 Hawkins.

Thats my predictions but as we know anything can and probably will happen.

Ding 8 - 13 Ronnie
Wilson 13 - 12 Higgins
Selby 13 - 12 Fu
Maguire 13 - 9 Hawkins

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The first four or five frames tomorrow will already show how much belief Ding has and how much of a threat he will be for Ronnie. If he scores like he did against Liang whenever he gets his chances then I'd expect it to be very tight until the very end and Ronnie would be in serious trouble.

If the fear factor of Ronnie however is still there then there'll be only one winner obviously.

Cant see Ding winning this one if he's more than 5-3 down in the first session, and even then at worst he should really be 4-4.

Postby Ronnie79

Cloud Strife wrote:Good luck to Ronnie, Wilson and Marco Fu. Not fussed about the other match. If pushed, I'd go for Maguire provided Higgins doesn't win. If Higgins wins his match then I'd want Hawkins to win as I don't think Maguire has it in him to beat Higgins over 4 sessions.

Can't belive mags leads the head to head 11-7 in proper matches against Higgins

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:Can someone set up a poll I am really interested to see how many people give Wilson a chance of winning against Higgins

Of course he has a decent chance of winning. In fact anyone has a decent chance in any match from now on. It is all about what happens on the day. Luck will play a big part as it always does.